Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PrinceRandom posted:

This happened at the A&M game

Did a ref run into someone on the sideline? I think that's where I've seen bench interference called before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Morby posted:

Yeah, I agree. People are talking up Mizzou, but I'm not sure how they will fare in conference play. So far, they haven't played anybody of note. Mauk has looked fantastic against overmatched opponents, but I am curious how he will look when they get to the SEC portion of their schedule.

Mauk will be Mauk (funslinging with amazing touchdowns and the occasional mind numbing pick or three), I'm more worried about the receivers and the defense. If they manage to play from ahead the pass rush is legit and they can be pretty scary, but getting to that point is going to get a lot harder pretty soon.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Frackie Robinson posted:

If I told you it was Missouri, how hard would you laugh?

I'd laugh pretty hard. I'd be cool with it, but I'd laugh a lot.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

If you read the novel I wrote about it in the Douche thread, you'd know that they have a massive, massive J-School that puts a lot of sportswriters out there, and they aren't afraid to be gigantic homers.

Missouri should get on that gigantic homer thing, I'd have to think we can match about anyone other than Syracuse for creating useless journalists.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

every posted:

goodbye georgia, hello pitt state.

edit: omg guys: http://www.pittstategorillas.com/index.aspx

HOILY SHITT THEY ARE PLAYING THE MULES THIS YEAR: http://www.ucmathletics.com/

They're one of the best D2 programs almost every year too. The Mules, not so much, but they do have a hell of a mascot.

e: Oops beaten on the winningest thing, but yeah they're as big of a deal as you can get and occasionally even on television! locally

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 15, 2014

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

And? They still put up nearly 600 yards on Cincinnati.

Yeah I can't pretend I watched anything other than the Mizzou game so maybe they figured things out. The backup was completely awful on that day though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Can a few of you tell me I am crazy for thinking we have a decent chance? I never let myself get excited for this game, and that level of heartbreak will put a major, alcohol shaped hole in my wallet if I get my hopes up.

Put it this way, I bought into this type of talk when you were saying Mississippi State was going to destroy Oklahoma State before they figured out their quarterback was awful last year. They still beat you easily, then switched to a different guy and got way loving better.

Hope is a dumb thing, maybe the dumbest of things.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 17, 2014

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

According to Charlie Strong, David Ash's career is over due to concussions, bitch.

You don't want to react to news of a career being over by thinking 'good.' But holy poo poo...good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Morby posted:

Having said all that, if I'm Bill Snyder, I am telling Waters to just bomb it deep on every play. Auburn was already vulnerable in the secondary, so this just makes that vulnerability that much more pronounced.

For better or worse Snyder generally doesn't work like this. Which isn't to say he won't take shots down field now and then, but he wants to run that painfully slow developing quarterback keeper (seriously it's the weirdest looking thing) about 25 times a game and generally keep the ball. Which honestly isn't a terrible idea against Auburn if he can make it work.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

they did an investigation of jameis saying "gently caress her right in the pussy"?

Yeah really, what more is there to find out here? He yelled it really loud I guess?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This is a theoretically losable game, did he yell it at an ex-GF or something? I'm trying to figure out how this is better or worse than it originally appeared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pillsburysoldier posted:

@PeteL_FSU: So the main rumor is Winston lied to Stokes when questioned about the Tuesday incident and Admin wants him suspended for the year.

Jesus Christ Jameis if that is even half true.

• Locked thread