Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
well holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Yep mine finally came today as well. North end for me.

Also :lol:: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6YB98TLqh8

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Tongues posted:

Had a loving wedding and disgraced myself on the bar tab. Bride yelling at me and everything
I want to know more about this

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Tongues posted:

Alright I been drinking for some time now and thank gently caress the season opener is nearly here.

I think most of the usual shitposters will be at the game so you lot will have to do the heavy lifting tonight
Where you drinkin? I'm nearly in there too. A-League farken!

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
drat I'm hungover today

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Rumours abound that David Villa may not complete his ten match stint at City. NYCFC want him back early for marketing purposes cause they're worried Frank Lampard is hosed for a while

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Adnar posted:

It was 15 seconds later and 3 passes.. What if Petkovic scored or blocked the shot?
Have to agree with this. If you're gonna send a bloke off you have to do it immediately

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Victory averaging a lazy 4.5 goals at home this season

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Did you guys know that Bentleigh Greens cook souvlaki meat at their games? I wish the commentators would mention it

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Some horrendous challenges flying in in this Perth v Victory game. Can't see it ending 11 v 11

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Berisha off injured gently caress this gay earth

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Bogan Krkic posted:

im not watching this game because im stuck at work ffs but whats wrong with berisha and are we doomed
Pulled up with a groin injury while on the ball and was subbed for Nabbout immediately. Archie did a hamstring in the warm up. We are cooked/

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Coe pulls off his patented 'come out, flap, miss' move to present Keogh with the winner, and now Delpierre's done his hamstring

gently caress

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Godadamn Gui Finkler is a golden fucken god

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Oh good Georgievski is suspended for Monday night now :negative:

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Well there you go. Surely finished at 3-2 down and 10 men. Would've liked to have lost this in normal time (comparatively)

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
So Archie injured in the warm up, Berisha, Makarounes and Delpierre during the game, Georgievski and Leijer sent off. Worst away trip ever. Season ruining stuff.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Tongues posted:

Gonna be interesting on Monday, I'll be making my way to Aami to see if our plan E strikers are any good
Me too, you gonna be boozin it beforehand?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Tongues posted:

Oh l Christ yes. I'm catching the train up from Geelong at some point in the arvo and getting spastic. If you're in the city lets get kicked out together
Yep I'll be in Richmond somewhere I'd say

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Tongues posted:

T minus 4 hours til Wellington swoop in to try and beat up the wounded corpse of Melbourne and mate with our comely women. Drinking status: LIQOURLAND STOCKTAKE SALE
Where are you drinkin before the game?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Tongues posted:

Vline alll about the sober trawl bullshit

Fight powrr
This is bullshit. Ps come to 9T4 out the back

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Haha sorry I couldn't help you out mate. We have to catch up soon though

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Tongues posted:

This was the general consensus of the aami park security staff and the PSOs at Southern Cross, yes.

gently caress I had great night though, got up amongst the North Terrace and sang my lungs out. Missed the second goal because I was busy being refused service - but saw the replays on the tvs and ran around like a spazz losing my poo poo and jumping round.

Great game though!
:lol: if they kept serving me you must have been well mashed. I'm pretty keen to have a beer with you before/during/after one of the games

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Adnar posted:

Clean sheet, 3rd in a row and top of the league.

Going to be a big one next week.
Good lord this thread will be unbearable next week. I can't wait

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Adnar posted:

suck it up, tardy

bes gon berisha the gently caress outta you

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Leijer back in the starting lineup, goody. Put money on Joel Griffiths to score.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Bogan Krkic posted:

How freakin bad does he have to continue to be to get dropped?
Well with Delpierre and Ansell out he's first choice technically. Telling they we looked much more robust when he went off and Milligan went back to pair Brox though.

Adnar posted:

had a :lol: at the den "gently caress Sydney" scarf.. desperate for a rival aren't they?
Haha are they kidding or what

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I've seen (and been involved in) lots of 'discussion' on twitter between NSL (mostly Melbourne Knights*) fans who bitterly hate the FFA and the A-League yet argue passionately that we can't be considered a real football community unless we have a promotion and relegation system - presumably so that their club can once again play on the biggest stage. It's a weird dichotomy and a mindset I completely don't understand, but I had no team in the NSL so I probably can't ever get it.

The fact of the matter is that these clubs simply don't have the facilities or fanbase to compete in the A-League and it's hard to see how that would change, unless Roman Abramovich or someone similar decides they really want to buy Marconi Stallions or Preston Lions and the population explodes massively. The other issue for these clubs is that they pretty much all have pre-existing ethnic ties, which is the kind of thing that actually restricts fanbase expansion.

* There's a further issue at play in regards to the Knights: they've taken the FFA to the Human Rights Comission over the FFA's ridiculous club identity policy that bans any ethnic connections in the club's identity. The Knights were forced to change jerseys they were going to wear in an FFA Cup game because they had sponsorship from a Croatian community club, and they were furious about it

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Yeah I can't imagine another team in Melbourne would be anything but an unmitigated disaster, South Melbourne or not. There simply isn't the fanbase for it at present.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Nebojsa Marinkovic is pretty decent over the dead ball eh

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
What's the world coming to when you can't even get good Thai food in a domestic airport terminal?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Melbourne Victory defenders unable to play this weekend: Ansell, Delpierre, Galloway, Georgievski, Geria, Milligan.

:negative:

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Smeltz and Brosque up against a back four consisting of Murnane, Broxham, Leijer and Mahazi

There isn't a :negative: big enough

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
good god what is happening

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Honestly though what is Berisha's excuse for being offside there? Dreadful

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Pretty disappointing that. The Socceroos have been taking set piece defending lessons from Melbourne Victory, gently caress me

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Tongues are you coming up for Radelaide next week? We gotta have beers soon srsly

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Four zillion degrees in Sydney innit

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I watched Dukes on that Santo. Sam and Ed show the other night and it's fair to say he's not a generous interviewee. He answered "I don't know" to like four questions, including "where do you live now?" and "what do you do now?". He was also sweating PROFUSELY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Tongues posted:

MAR FARKEN MATCH DAY FUCKERS

Who's hitting Richmond up this arvo? I'm flying solo tonight since my usual game companions couldn't get tickets and sucks to be them.

poo poo is gonna be off the loving chain
Yeah I'll be there at some point.

• Locked thread