Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Real Name Grover posted:

I knew we were wearing alternate unis tomorrow but somehow missed/forgot about the helmet:

That's giving me a headache. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Real Name Grover posted:

I knew we were wearing alternate unis tomorrow but somehow missed/forgot about the helmet:

Looks like a kind of tard helmet. So I suppose Nebraska wearing it makes sense. :rimshot:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

Normally I'm all for alternative uniforms but those look real bad.

It makes Nebraska fans mad, which is what everything should aspire to do.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Those uniforms look like the 2012 ones for the Wisconsin game, which were pretty ugly. I don't know why Adidas can't seem to make a good looking alternate uniform.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
The department probably made the right call in breaking these out for Illinois which screams LETDOWN GAME to me, coming in between Miami and Michigan State as opposed to Miami or ... well, our home conference schedule is kind of lame.

wa27 posted:

Those uniforms look like the 2012 ones for the Wisconsin game, which were pretty ugly. I don't know why Adidas can't seem to make a good looking alternate uniform.

I think these are slightly better in that they have the #s on the front instead of a big dumb N

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

MindlessHavok posted:

Probably won't make much of a difference but we do have a RD Junior DT coming back from injury. He was supposed to be a starter but got hurt in camp before the season started.

And our linebackers aren't bad. AJ Johnson is one of the best in the country.

The defense has actually been startlingly competent. They were really good on third down against Oklahoma, and if they don't turn the ball over in the red zone twice that game could have been a much closer score. Oklahoma only scored on offense once in the 2nd half (early) and you can't say it was because they took their foot off the gas.

Biggest issue if the Vols oline appears to have no answer for speed coming at it from anywhere. They should still lose to Georgia, but the Vols are unlikely to be an utter doormat against a team that had defensive secondary issues like GA did against USCe.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Real Name Grover posted:

Between the matte red and the weird red/black split, that just kind of looks cheap. Like it was supposed to have some kind of neat transition between the colors or maybe some more touches on the N but they said "Nah gently caress it, that's fine" halfway through the design process.

Rick posted:

I was box score watching as the game was going early and for a while it seemed ASU was actually controlling that game, then I stopped until the end and somehow that final score happened.

It was a pretty fun, close game for the first ~20 minutes, and then we went on a 42-3 run in the middle of the game that visibly broke ASU and completely deflated their fans.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Everyone is trying to copy those awesome Navy helmets from a couple years back and everyone is failing at it.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Edit: wrong thread

Ty1990 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Sep 26, 2014

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Sash! posted:

Everyone is trying to copy those awesome Navy helmets from a couple years back and everyone is failing at it.

Those were the best uniforms I have ever seen.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

LeeMajors posted:

Those were the best uniforms I have ever seen.

Anyone got a pic to refresh my memory

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
These I'm assuming.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

VDay posted:

These I'm assuming.

These are legit my favorite helmet ever

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
So just as a fun thought experiment, how much misery would Charlie Strong's Eagle Scouts have to endure before they could theoretically come in to a game wearing Texas uniforms and still be seen as the good guys? Like say next season Texas goes up against a heavily favored Oklahoma team that's starting Joe Mixon among other noted assholes. Could you root for a bunch of squeaky clean woman-respecting underdogs in burnt orange? Or did we pass the point of no return long ago?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Thermos H Christ posted:

So just as a fun thought experiment, how much misery would Charlie Strong's Eagle Scouts have to endure before they could theoretically come in to a game wearing Texas uniforms and still be seen as the good guys? Like say next season Texas goes up against a heavily favored Oklahoma team that's starting Joe Mixon among other noted assholes. Could you root for a bunch of squeaky clean woman-respecting underdogs in burnt orange? Or did we pass the point of no return long ago?

If Mixon and DGB were playing for the Sooners? Yeah, I'd probably pull for the horns there, provided none of them do anything horrid.

Edit: Just against OU, just so we're clear.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 26, 2014

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thermos H Christ posted:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
TBH to root for the Longhorns they'd either need to play a team I actively hate (there aren't any West of the Mississippi) or lose their status as the most generously funded sports program on the planet. So if Red McCombs jumps ship to Oklahoma and buys them a new stadium and they start talking constantly about how they're the best job in sports and get their own network and yadda yadda I might root for y'all.

PS Mack Brown was on Finebaum yesterday and he was just the sweetest guy.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Thermos H Christ posted:

Never

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Even against a team like Alabama I'd be cheering for 'Bama to lose, not for a Texas win.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Thermos H Christ posted:

I might root for them against OU this year. Stoops is riding just a little too high these days.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

I'm expecting a video of an upcoming coin toss where they hiss "You inspire no trepidation within us, gentlemen."

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Thermos H Christ posted:

I always root for Texas over Oklahoma because my grandparents are UT alumni, but man are you making it hard with this.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

we own

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Post full list. I wanna laugh at how far ahead of No. 2 we are.

Edit: Only 15% :(

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 26, 2014

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

PostNouveau posted:

Post full list. I wanna laugh at how far ahead of No. 2 we are.

In terms of raw money, or in terms of net profits?

Cuz if it's profits, K-State generally tops that list.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Jeez, Rutgers is funded 60% by subsidy.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Probably Magic posted:

I always root for Texas over Oklahoma because my grandparents are UT alumni, but man are you making it hard with this.

I'm not even pushing for one answer over the other. It's just that with all the talk of being a "clean program" the idea of Texas not being the villain crossed my mind, and it was so novel that I thought I'd put it out there.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Pretty sure Iowa's athletic's department by design and practice is designed to fund itself so every year it breaks even by default. I think the only time they don't is when they have some sort of capital development when the schools general fund kicks in the shortfall, it's generally not much in comparison. I'd imagine this is from a year ago when they were upgrading the North endzone.

On another note, goddamn Iowa at number 11 above schools like Penn State and Auburn.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Texas will always be the villain. There is no universe in which this isn't true.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Pook Good Mook posted:

Pretty sure Iowa's athletic's department by design and practice is designed to fund itself so every year it breaks even by default. I think the only time they don't is when they have some sort of capital development when the schools general fund kicks in the shortfall, it's generally not much in comparison. I'd imagine this is from a year ago when they were upgrading the North endzone.

On another note, goddamn Iowa at number 11 above schools like Penn State and Auburn.

New practice facility I think, but yeah aside from that (and not having to pay taxes, obviously), they're completely self-sufficient. Football also funds more or less the entire department, although I think Basketball turned a tiny profit last year too.

The State Board of Regents was making noise about UNI and ISU being self sufficent eventually too, which would be hilarious. They'd have to cut basically everything.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Sep 26, 2014

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Strobe posted:

In terms of raw money, or in terms of net profits?

Cuz if it's profits, K-State generally tops that list.

Net, minus subsidy. All programs who are net contributors:

tOSU - 23m
Bama - 21m
OU - 21m
UT - 19m
Florida - 19m
Oregon - 18m
Michigan - 12m
LSU - 12m
Kansas - 11m
KSU - 9m
A&M - 8m
UDubs - 6m
Neb - 5m
Ark - 5m
Mizzou - 4m
TTU - 2m
Mississippi State - 2m
Sparty - 2m
Kentucky - 1m
Indiana - 1m

e: some analysis: Kansas is the lowest revenue net contributor. TTU is the 2nd and Missouri just edges out Indiana as the 3rd. 'Bama's profit margin is by far the widest, but they are pulled back by their nearly 6 million subsidy.

Note: all these are very rough, done in head numbers.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 26, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Anybody gonna be in Athens this weekend? I'll be in town but not at the game, so if anybody wants to find a bar to watch the game at or something I'd be down.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

New practice facility I think, but yeah aside from that (and not having to pay taxes, obviously), they're completely self-sufficient. Football also funds more or less the entire department, although I think Basketball turned a tiny profit last year too.

The State Board of Regents was making noise about UNI and ISU being self sufficent eventually too, which would be hilarious. They'd have to cut basically everything.

ISU either already is or is really close. UNI would basically have to fold up its AD.

every
Apr 24, 2008

MindlessHavok posted:

Do not do this to me. I can't take it.

One thing is for sure: tenn will at least beat the spread. Put yo bets in.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I wish the private schools released numbers, I'm kind of curious about Stanford and USC.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Quandary posted:

Texas will always be the villain. There is no universe in which this isn't true.

Really never get tired of seeing texas fail

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I honestly don't give a drat about Texas either way.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

People pay a lot of money to watch lovely qb's at Florida.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

People pay a lot of money to watch lovely qb's at Florida.

That's for sure. I paid enough to watch us lose to the Cocks at home in November.

Of course, their secondary may be lovely enough to gift Driskel his first 300 yard game.

Yes. His first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

every
Apr 24, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

That's for sure. I paid enough to watch us lose to the Cocks at home in November.

Of course, their secondary may be lovely enough to gift Driskel his first 300 yard game.

Yes. His first.

Florida gon win the east

A tall glass of mark richt's pee

• Locked thread