Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
When does this release on steam today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Looking like they made this a more of a vertical shooter. Its also more like an expansion pack than a new game. Deadlift was a joke, follow him around in till he goes to recharge and then blast him. Watch and see the borderlands crowd got to old for the game, with all the complaints. From what I've seen its still the same game.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Solartide posted:

You don't get a damage increase with sniper rifles, but the skill definitely works with sniper rifles.

Other guns get a damage bonus.

drat you are right, I mis-read that as well, looking forward to use a sniper rifle with that now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Prel posted:

This is my concern with Wilhelm. He looks fun but I'm wary of his pets not scaling well and becoming junk late game.

I got burned in bl1 with turret bro, and I got burned in bl2 with zero for lovely endgame abilities.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Solartide posted:

I used a level 40 infinite through half of true vault hunter mode with zero because of his last bullet in a magazine skill.

Zero had bonus dmg for the first bullet in his magazine, are you sure you are not thinking about the gunzerker with the last bullet in the gun does bonus dmg(along with chances to get more ammo at the last shot resulting in doing retarded dmg based on luck)?

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 14, 2014

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Solartide posted:

Yes, the first bullet in the magazine. Infinite had a magazine size of 1 and didn't use ammo, so every shot was the first bullet in the magazine.

Then I combined that with The Bee and just tore everything up.

drat if I only kept playing for another month and a half. Maybe zero wouldn't of sucked donkey balls compared to the gunzerker. I think the gunzerker would be like 5000 times better with that gun.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Nooooooo! More Borderlands time trial missions! :cry:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Metrohunter posted:

Just saw the ending, is it me or does it seem like they're heavily foreshadowing an MMO? Shittons of planets with vaults, a war with an unknown faction and "You'll need as many vault hunters as you can get" sure seems like an ideal setup if they're going to take the series in that direction.

Hang on the ending, preludes to the fact that this is still a BL2 game and it basically going to have to be like destiny for the next one comes as a surprise to you? This is like a last game gen of course they are going to have to copy destiny always multiplayer.

PS: never played destiny.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Oct 15, 2014

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm taking a guess that you learn nothing new if you played BL2, maybe a very small bit. And that the ending just preludes to a always online like destiny true sequel. AKA borderlands on the name of the game, grab some more money. AKA BL2 glorified expansion, not a new game. Enjoying the game so far myself.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Oct 15, 2014

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ColHannibal posted:

I like the O2 system, but I play as claptrap.

Does claptrap breathe?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

SunAndSpring posted:

Agreed. I agree about the friendzone thing being dumb whiny bullshit, but it felt out of place because previously the dude was getting upset over how lasers don't explode and now he's talking about this stuff? It's not even done in a funny way. It's like the line got inserted into a previously existing joke because the writers felt compelled to put it in there as a petty take-that to dudes who use r/redpill or other stupid MRA poo poo.

It's funny that people are getting super mad over this lame joke, though.

Oh no, the kiddies are growing up and learning that borderlands has alot of cheap jokes? Enjoy it for what it is you dopes.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Game was really dragging on for me in till I got the grinder. Now I'm only using purple items and the game is pretty drat amazing. Favorite BL because of the grinder atm.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Also concerning Nisha's line "haven't had this much from since mom died." Abusive drunk mother story. Makes sense now!

Samurai Sanders posted:

It is strange to me that they suddenly gave a concession to their ideal of the player not being able to control what kind of loot the game gives you no matter what.

3 of the same type of items can give you a higher tier item of the same type. I.E. 3 green pistols have a chance to become a blue pistol and if you add in moonstones you will 100% get the next color up.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Grinder changed the game, in multiplayer we all can get full purple weapons instead of fighting over the one that drops. Its pretty nice.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Just beat RK4? on the first try. This guy was a hard fight? Even before 21 stacks of fire rate on Nisha at the start of the fight and he was down to half.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Beat the game, gotta be the best borderlands to me just because of the grinder and oz kit. Last boss fight was fun as poo poo.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

wdarkk posted:

Is it possible to put purples in the grinder? I can't seem to create a valid combo.

I used to try to save up 3 of a type but I don't really care anymore and just throw 3 blues in. If you spend crazy amounts of moonstones you get a tier level up 100% of the time. Pretty much always all purple guns throughout the game after I unlocked the grinder.

The raid boss was pretty drat fun, just an amped up final boss. I hope they add more raid bosses with a strategy other then shoot it dead like this one. Can the raid boss drop any special legendaries?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I hope borderlands 3 is a semi mmo world like destiny.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rinkles posted:

What do you mean?

Have you played destiny? like you would go into large areas that would pop in 6ish people in same zone and the story stuff would be offshoots of that. In destiny theres planets and on the planets are the levels. So you spawn on a planet to do a level, you spawn in the general area were you can see people who are just there killing poo poo or going to their own missions. Then you go in little off shoots that put you in your own instance. You generally only see a loading screen when you first load on to the planet, so there is kinda like flawless zonelines going on.

I guess its hard to explain you would have to play destiny to see it.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 17, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

orcane posted:

I really hope it isn't. Letting Gearbox run and balance any game as an MMO can only lead to a train wreck of epic proportions...

I don't see how the ending cutscene can really mean "get all the vault hunters you can" aka get 6 players(that's the max for a game right or is 4?).

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rinkles posted:

I kinda like the feeling of solitude in Borderlands. It's my, and maybe my friends' adventure.

I like the solo thing but in the large open areas, I wound't mine seeing players moving along killing mobs and doing their own thing.

Am I the only one who enjoyed the final boss of TPS and the raid boss version? That fight was the tits. I fought that thing over and over getting like 5-10 levels on top the of the normal mode run. It was a more enjoyable fight than most of the destiny boss fights.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 17, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Silhouette posted:

Gross bro.

I got Destiny, hoping it'd be more like BL, but it turned out to just be 5 minute chunks of gameplay in between 20+ minutes of wandering the stupid hub world, looking for the next bland quest.

They got it alittle bit better with the expansion. Missions arn't as dull, and arn't the same get to the area and defend the ghost missions. The strike lists are also a ton better, as the bosses make you do stuff other that standing behind boxes and shooting for 30 minutes. They failed on the weapons again, they have one unique weapon that shoots lightning. Really was hoping they would apply some borderlands type crazy weapons.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hey keep pvp out of it, the pvp in all the borderlands has been rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The DLC characters have always been broken to a new level.

• Locked thread