Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Having characters that actually say stuff will add a little replay value, so it might provide as much total enjoyment as BL2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Were there any areas where you could walk on the ceiling? That's sort of my biggest secret wish for the game, but I doubt the UT engine likes that sort of thing. Ratchet and Clank's mag-boot areas were cool, but I don't think there was ever much gunplay on them.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Steamplay! :toot:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Attestant posted:

Hopefully there won't be any Grog Nozzles and Rubis this time around, and they'd just stay around the more reasonable 2-3% lifegain range. At least there's no Gunzerking absurdity, since all the dualwield abilities seem to clone guns.

I'm sure they'll find a new and exciting way to gently caress up balance.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Crazy Larry posted:

You can start preloading now on Steam. Only 5.1 GB, so I can't see it being the whole game.

Borderlands 2 with pretty much all DLC is 11,412MB. I can totally believe a shorter game with no DLC is 5,100MB.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

The game doesn't use (much or any) prerendered video which is a HUGE space saver.

It also doesn't use uncompressed audio for no good reason (Titanfall).

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Trying to preload is giving me a "content is still encrypted" error. I'm not sure if it's a "mac version" thing or what.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

EDIT: /\ You can't install it on a Mac OS-format partition according to the store page.

That's for case-sensitive filesystems.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Honorific! posted:

Yeah, from poking around a little on the steam forums, this appears to be a mac thing.

I'm assuming it's unlikely to get fixed over the weekend.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I like having a pet, so Wilhelm first for me.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Speedball posted:

Nisha looks like she's really good at killing individual targets, just blowing straight through the one thing unlucky enough to be in her sights.

I wonder if Claptrap's Vaulthunter.exe program actually DOES determine its effect from your environment and it's not totally random.

The animation with those hex things made it look like it does, since they all seemed to be related to the current situation.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Less Fat Luke posted:

In the last version did OS matter for playing with friends? Can OSX installs play with Windows installs and so on?

It doesn't normally matter, but it may matter briefly when a patch is issued.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

How the hell do you get to Sub-Level 13?

And the shock drop pit?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

So I'm actually having problems with the gunship boss at the shaft. I'm playing Wilhelm specced into the Wolf tree, but the gunship seems to be too fast for Wolf to hit reliably. I hope I don't have to respec or something.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Doodles posted:

wDarkk - Just get some gear that will hit out to range. I've seen people use SMGs, ARs, and snipers.

It turned out what I needed was just a good night's sleep. The drat thing still killed me more than every other boss combined though (unless there's a second raid boss somewhere).

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

All of Wilhelm's trees seem great. Wolf fully buffed is at least as good as Deathtrap fully buffed is by himself. Then there's Saint.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Is there no UVHM currently? Do all the quests you haven't started in THVM become level 50 after you beat the last boss?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

hooooooly poo poo. I've only found a flakker and a bonus package so far. I'll...trade you?

I've got three bonus packages and the guardian slayer legendary mod for wilhelm (not a fan of that).

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Oh hey, Wilhelm's "shoot while sprinting" skill has the unmarked added benefit of taking away the movement speed reduction while you're aiming down your gun's sights. Sweet!

Holy poo poo.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I'm hoping Doppleganger's capstone gives each clone a chance to be equipped with a random gun you've equipped.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Wurzag posted:

The Baroness is gonna be Angel's mother I bet

Isn't Angel's mother kind of super-toast at this point? "You didn't see what she did to her mother."

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Speaking of Sentinel, any idea how to avoid getting knocked into the death ceiling for the raid version? It seems really hard to avoid unless I want to butt stomp into the ground, which IIRC is also damaging at that time. I'll possibly try to solo the TVHM version and that's going to be a lot harder most likely.

EDIT: STILL have no idea about how to get to Sub-Level 13.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Honestly with how powerful I feel right now I say "bring the UVHM". Also aren't some of the DLCs going to include Level Cap increases? That implies a UVHM to me.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Is it possible to put purples in the grinder? I can't seem to create a valid combo.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Nechronic posted:

Are you trying to use gold chest purples? They don't work.

No, mostly stuff that came from previous grinder runs.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

The Rokstar posted:

You can't grind all purples. Apparently two legendaries and a purple will give you a legendary of the same type as the purple, but that's the only recipe I've heard of that uses purples at all.

I tried that and it didn't work either. Maybe I used the wrong type of legendaries.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Kaethela posted:

Make sure the legendaries are in the top slots and the purple is at the bottom. It won't work otherwise.

Oooooooh.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Metrohunter posted:

The Eridians? They've been around since BL1.

This is the first time they've sat around for a chat though.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I like shock weapons just because there are way way way more shields than in BL2, and they seem to be tougher on average.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

CJacobs posted:

I hadn't thought about that. That does make more sense now.

Well if they wanted to they could have Wilhelm's memory backed up to that power core, or have Brick or somebody find Nisha's journal.

EDIT: A Borderlands MMO could be sweet provided they buff the poo poo out of the grinder for it. Although really all it needs is a recipe for "a higher-level version of the item in slot 1".

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Alien Rope Burn posted:

So, the Steam cards just dropped. Let excitement abound. :toot:

DLC speculation:

You know, the inclusion of Moxxi in a more Vault Hunter-ish outfit we don't see in the game has me wondering, since all the other cards are playable characters... and that would fit the Borderlands 2 card set, which is all playable characters + Jack. Is Aurelia a red herring for Moxxi? Or maybe a replacement due to story concerns? Hm.

Moxxi as a DLC character wouldn't work since she tries to kill Jack. If they did a replacement it seems like it'd have been one a while ago.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I'm pretty sure Moxxi is right and Jack was always evil. Just ask all those scientists.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Skandranon posted:

Borderlands 3 should be the entire BL2 crew + Athena & extras as they take down a power mad Lilith,Moxie, and her brain washed henchmen(Brick, Mordecai, Scooter, etc)

I would be totally up for killing Scooter.

EDIT: My pet theory is that all the heavy metals on Pandora poison your brain and make you a raging rear end in a top hat.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

BombiTheZombie posted:

I'd be down for killing Lilith, but i actually like Scooter, Brick and Mordecai. Just do a blizzard and have Lilith get corrupted by eridium.

Maybe that Vault symbol thing that exploded when she punched it released rear end in a top hat Radiation and Jack got most of it but Lilith got some too.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

If they bring the grinder back or have some other "gear upgrade" system I want Gaige to handle it.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Alien Rope Burn posted:

My dream Borderlands 3 would be to smash all the Vault Hunters they could fit in it, even the dead ones because gently caress story and screw balance, they've always been a bit lousy at both anyway. Now add Tina with Tank, jet packs, and a car that includes a grinder and bank... and a magic fairy that converts all my whites and greens into moonstones and cash.

Scooter used digistruct technology to create a seventh siren, breaking space and time. Boom, done.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

You don't use it for shooting. You use it because having it out causes all damage you deal to heal you by over half the damage dealt. Use it with grenades and melee.

You'd think they'd have learned their lesson from the Grog Nozzle, but noooooooo.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

Well, I don't think anyone was supposed to notice and you were just supposed to turn the quest in and forget about it. The gun itself doesn't scale up worth a half a drat, doing a couple hundred damage at level 50.

See you're describing the Grog Nozzle exactly. Except for the "slag" part.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I don't see Roland as having lied about his relationship with Jack. He said he almost got killed putting Jack into power, and that's 100% true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Well since TPS didn't exist yet, he was. It describes his actions in this game just fine though.

• Locked thread