Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

What: A sequel for Borderlands and prequel to Borderlands 2, chronicling Handsome Jack's rise to power.
When: October 14th for North America, October 16th for Australia, and October 17th for Europe.
Developer: 2K Australia in collaboration with Gearbox Software.
Platform: Xbox 360/Playstation 3/PC/OS X/Linux
Xbone/PS4? Nope.

Meet the new Vault Hunters

Athena the Gladiator
Skill tree: http://borderlandsthegame.com/skilltrees/athena.html
Action Skill: Kinetic Aspis - A shield that absorbs incoming damage before being thrown. Can to upgraded to ricochet off of multiple enemies.
Bio: Former assassin for the Crimson Lance, she defected and helped the Borderlands 1 Vault Hunters defeat General Knoxx. Left with no other options, she agrees to work for Jack.

Wilhelm the Enforcer
Skill tree: http://borderlandsthegame.com/skilltrees/wilhelm.html
Action Skill: Wolf and Saint - Wilhelm deploys two Surveyor Drones, Wolf (offense) and Saint (defense) to take control of the battlefield.
Bio: Cyborg Hyperion engineer and future right-hand man to Handsome Jack, he agrees to work for Jack to make lots of money.

Nisha the Lawbringer
Skill Tree: http://borderlandsthegame.com/skilltrees/nisha.html
Action Skill: Showdown - Nisha automatically aims at enemies while also gaining increased gun damage, accuracy, reload speed, fire rate, and bullet speed.
Bio: The mysterious future Sheriff of Lynchwood and girlfriend of Handsome Jack, the sadistic Nisha agreed to work for Jack for fun.

Claptrap the Fragtrap
Skill tree: http://borderlandsthegame.com/skilltrees/claptrap.html
Action Skill: vaulthunter.exe - Claptrap surveys the battlefield and loads an Action Package. He might imitate the Action Skill of a Vault Hunter from another Borderlands game, make the entire party uncontrollably bouncy, or even turn into a pirate ship.
Bio: Interplanetary Ninja Assassin, Dear Leader of the Glorious Robolution, and the eventual last of his kind, Cl4p-TP, otherwise known as "Claptrap", has been entertaining/enraging Borderlands players since they first got off the bus at the beginning of Borderlands 1. He agreed to join Jack because his programming forbid him from not doing so.

Non-Player Characters

JohnJack
Future CEO of Hyperion Corporation and dictator of Pandora, Jack is presently just a programmer for Hyperion who enlists the help of the Vault Hunters to regain Hyperion's moon base, Helios, which has been taken over by a group of Bandits called The Lost Legion.

Mad Moxxi
Jack's girlfriend, mother of Scooter and Ellie, owner and operator of Mad Moxxi's Underdome.

What's new:
*New setting: Elpis, Pandora's moon. The lack of atmosphere and lower gravity affords new gameplay possibilities.
*New Elemental Damage type: Cryo slows down enemies, eventually freezing them solid, allowing them to be shattered.
*New weapon type: Lasers. About drat time we had actual real lasers.
*New Gear: O2 kits (or "Oz kits", if you prefer) allow the Vault Hunters to breathe in areas with no atmosphere, jump longer distances, revive each other faster, and perform a new type of attack called a "Gravity/Butt Slam", where they slam into the ground from overhead enemies. Just like guns and grenades, O2 kits can be upgraded for larger capacity and elemental damage.
*New vehicles: Buggies, which function like normal Borderlands Runners, and Stingrays, a kind of one-man hoverbike capable of slamming into enemies from overhead.

DLC?
In addition to the pre-order bonus Shock-Drop Slaughter Pit, a Season Pas hass been announced for US$30, promising a 25% discount on four content packs, which will include "new missions", "new challenges", "new characters" (the first of which has been revealed as Jack's Body Double), and "new experiences".

Trailers
Handsome Jack Teaser: http://youtu.be/EgAorHP13qw
Moon Dance Trailer: http://youtu.be/xe6oobNa_RA
Handsome Jack's Tips for Surviving on the Moon: http://youtu.be/vCuQv5ynD_0
Last Hope Trailer: http://youtu.be/c9a4wr4I1hk
Shock-Drop Slaughter Pit: http://youtu.be/qcmJkT2P3vs
An Introduction by Sire Hammerlock AND TORGUE: http://youtu.be/w5_DOSvsjPw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Doppelganger pack is coming out Nov 11. I missed the first part of the Pax Aus stream where they announced it so I dunno how much it will cost.

Also 3 golden keys from the stream: 55C3B-CW5BJ-JT3JJ-33JBJ-3RJ9W

$10. The website says the current DLC plans are Jack, another character, level cap increase, and one new campaign.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Wait, will that be the entirety of the DLC? Cause that is disappointing when compared to the previous game.

That's all the website says: http://borderlandsthegame.com/index.php/news/handsome-jack-is-coming-to-borderlands-the-pre-sequel-as-a-downloadable-add

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Reiley posted:

This would honestly be great, especially since this game already feels sort of sparse with enemies so an increase in density would be nice. Going the other route, where everything soaks up so much damage to the point where the only two viable playstyles are duck-and-grind machinegun mode and game-breaking norfleet poo poo mode utterly ruins all the fun fast burst-damage gun shooter stuff that is honestly the backbone of these games.

Excuse me, you are forgetting Unstoppable Rampaging Psycho Beast Mode.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I hope that the level cap increase also brings ammo capacity increases with it. I'm tired of constantly running out of shotgun ammo.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Father Wendigo posted:

Speaking of bugged, I just completed TVHM today with Smashpro.

And I've been waiting for you to hop back on so we can go back to farming Deadlift.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

mycot posted:

I think I can explain this one. I'm pretty certain Jack stealing the Vault Key/torturing Tannis happened after the presequel, since Jack didn't know/care about the Warrior until the end of the presequel. Remember the Warrior is Jack's substitute for the Destroyer. So with that and the fact that Tannis was already on Pandora it's not out of there that she would still have the key with her.

Jack is outright surprised that Zarpedon opened the Vault of the Sentinel with the key's location still being unknown. Given that she was dealing with live eridians maybe something weird happened.

Or it might have been something like the Badass Crater Vault.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Father Wendigo posted:

Mea Culpa, smash. I had some family things that needed doing, but I'll be back on around 6:30 CST tonight.

How about 7:00?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Father Wendigo posted:

I think the whole BACoB Vault wasn't an actual Vault, but an fake manufactured by the Torgue corporation to build heat for their expensive new advertising special - the Campaign of Carnage.

Except that particular Vault was discovered, and its presence announced, by Tannis, who has never had any affiliation with Torgue. Mister Torgue just built the arena on top of it.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Thanks, Wendigo. Enjoy all the stuff I duped for you, and I'll enjoy all the stuff you duped for me.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Of course this happens. If you didn't farm the gun Undeadlift dropped, you can just get it from Shift.

PC / Linux / Mac: KW5BB-BZXWB-3TT33-JJT33-C966T
Xbox 360: K553J-WWRH6-5CFJF-5XB3B-RF6ZZ
PlayStation 3: K553J-WWRC5-9FBKB-9TC3B-RF6HX

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

So I beat the game on Normal. What should I do before I head to UVHM? At the moment I'm farming Iwajira for that rocket launcher and class mods since he's 30, otherwise i'll probably go farm Bosun now while he's relatively easy until I get the Napoleon hat for Clappy. Other than that I'm not entirely sure what I should do. Any guns I should pick up before I do UVHM?

I had a level 30 KerBoom that lasted me most of the way through TVHM.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Details on Mercenary Day, which runs between today, and January 5th:
*"Merry" enemies in the R & D Facility and Pity's Fall
*New Kraggon in Serenity's Waste named Odjurymir, who can drop the special Ol' Painful assault rifle
*All ammo vending machines have had prices reduced by 25%

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Welp, BL2 and Pre-Sequel are coming to Xbone and PS4: http://www.gamespot.com/Borderlads-PS4-Xbox-One-Remaster-Handsome-Jack-Collection/

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Aurelia confirmed out on Tuesday, as the "Lady Hammerlock Pack".

quote:

Aurelia is the heir of the Hammerlock family fortune, but when she's not riding her hoverbike through the endless hallways of her orbital turbomansion, she's out hunting the latest and greatest game in the galaxy. If these expeditions should put her in conflict with her younger brother Alistair – aka Sir Hammerlock – all the better. The only thing more fun than shooting a rare animal Alistair intended to study is the look of abject horror and surprise on his face once Aurelia wears its carcass like a jaunty scarf.

Normally, Lady Hammerlock would never be seen within a light year of Pandora, but she's grown bored as her turbomansion grows cold, while her lust for violence grows hot. She's headed to Elpis with nothing more than an expensive gun, an experimental Cryo diadem, and a powerful belief that shooting angry things in the face is a good deal of fun.

Like every playable character in Borderlands, Aurelia has an action skill and three different skill trees. Her action skill is Cold As Ice, which lets her throw out a Frost Diadem Shard that seeks out enemies and attaches to them, dealing constant damage. If that target dies, the shard will move onto a new enemy, and so on.

Her three skills trees are Huntress, Cold Money, and Contractual Aristocracy. Her Huntress skill tree focuses on sniping, including a skill that offers a massive critical hit bonus for each consecutive hit she lands without missing. Her other skill tree, Cold Money, focuses on ice damage and includes a skill that can add Cryo damage to any gun. Her third skill tree is Contractual Aristocracy, which allows her to turn a co-op teammate into a servant, earning her bonuses for their kills in addition to her own.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

AirRaid posted:

Also apparently there is more "news" possibly relating to the "BL3" hints earlier in their Borderlands Panel tonight. I don't think that one is being streamed though.

I wonder which corporation will be the big bad this time. Atlas, Hyperion, and Dahl have been done. Maybe Maliwan?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Pitchford confirmed BL3 on Twitter, inasmuch as saying that they are hiring people to make it counts as confirmation.

smashpro1 fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 26, 2015

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

And it's gonna be included in The Handsome Collection, in case anyone is holding out for that.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Chasiubao posted:

We're not getting any campaign DLC. The Claptrap stuff is the the fourth piece of DLC, unless they have more beyond the initial announcement :smith:

Well, the Claptrap stuff IS a campaign.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Meanwhile, I am stuck at this big wall Shadowtrap went through.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Are the glitch weapons the pink ones? I've found a couple of those, but they don't seem any better than the greens and blues I was using.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Alright, how do I get past this drat wall? I'm in the Claptrap DLC, Shadowtrap goes through this huge wall, and Claptrap's Consciousness says he has something to tell you about Shadowtrap. I've probably spent a total of 30 minutes trying to figure it out.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Pope Guilty posted:

Try exiting and reentering the map. TPS has a real problem with quest scripts not triggering correctly.

I quit to the menu and got up to that spot twice. Still stuck.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Finally managed to beat EOS with Hambone's help. I got a really nice gun from that 200 moonstone chest. Glitched Jakobs assault rifle with a Torgue barrel. :torgue:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Gearbox has said that they're tweaking the Legendary drop rates for the next few weeks. Each week until May 13th, the drop rate will be different, but never below the default, and there will be surveys so fans can say if they're happy with the drop rate. Survey for week 1 (April 9th-15th) is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/B9VPFJP

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I just got the Handsome Collection on Xbone, and the character importation thing is bullshit.

Anyone wanna help me power level a Zero and/or Salvador?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

New hotfix triples the drop rates for Legendary items permanently. Applies to all versions of both 2 and TPS.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

people had positive opinions about that DLC?

It was pretty fun, until the end boss.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Anybody with Handsome Collection on Xbone wanna help me with Digistruct Peak in BL2?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Neo Helbeast posted:

Give me an hour, I'm downloading HC right now and then I have to figure out how to port my character over. Is your GT still SmashPro1?

No caps, but yeah.
The character porting process is a pain in the rear end. You gotta go into the game on 360, upload the character under the cloud saves option, go into the game on Xbone, and download the character under cloud saves. And you can only do one character at a time.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Chasiubao posted:

I'd be up for this as well if you're still online in another 30m.

I'm ready to go for it.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

smashpro1 posted:

I'm ready to go for it.

Actually, it's getting kinda late. Let's try to organize something for tomorrow.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Neo Helbeast posted:

My download is just now finishing. The good news is that all of my gear made the jump, so running for OP levels should be piece of cake.

Wanna try around 7pm Central?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Gonna try to get a group for Digistruct Peak together, again. On on Xbone, GT is smashpro1. Wanna start around 7 pm Central time.

• Locked thread