Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
One thing you missed, CJacobs, was that a good chunk of Gaige's skill tree had My Little Pony references. On the other hand, this means you're definitely not one of the show's fans so :bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

echronorian posted:

This isn't for the new consoles? What the gently caress?
They wanted to make development easier on themselves. It may eventually be ported over, but the install base of the new models isn't yet as big as the old ones. Same thing happens every new console generation. There's usually one last round of games to appeal to the folks who aren't early adopters (the majority of console players.) When BL3 is developed (and since it's the #1 game in all of 2K's history, Pitchford can make all the declarations he wants but there's no way it won't happen), it will undoubtedly be focused on the newer systems. Also, Gearbox is presently deep into final stages of development of their new game Battleborn, which is going to the new machines, so right now Borderlands will be kicking back for a bit while they get the new game launched.

Meanwhile: "Donuts. Cowboys. Homophobia."

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

watho posted:

... mutated from the radiation in the mines that got left behind on Pandora when Dahl packed up when the wildlife woke up from hibernation.
A quick correction: Dahl left because Atlas came in and kicked them off the planet, which ties in with what little story BL1 had.

And yeah, I feel your pain. :downsgun:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Fibby Boy posted:

I would absolutely love for the next game to be set on Promethea. I want to see just how much of an utter hell hole that planet is.

Borderlands: The Beginning - Find out what Atlas discovered on Prometheus to bring them to prominence. Vault hunters: Steele, Knoxx, one of Athena's sisters, fourth one undetermined.

Tell me you wouldn't buy the gently caress out of that. :gizz:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
So I've completed the game and.... :psypop:

Borderlands 3: WAR IS COMING

:torgue:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I didn't think it would take long for the most broken combination of gear & skills to come to light, and I was right.

Step 1: Play Athena, go down the melee tree and make sure you get bleed effects.

Step 2. Obtain a Moxxi's Probe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EotDIfae0rw

Step 3: Obtain a Shooting Star roid shield: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVU1JJlhtBo

Welcome to the one-shot wonder! And two-shot raid boss!

"Unless you get a broke-rear end combination of gear and wanna impress folks on the ECHO net." Oh, Brick. :cheeky:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
It's been decent enough for me so far. No legendaries, but plenty of good blues and purples.

wDarkk - Just get some gear that will hit out to range. I've seen people use SMGs, ARs, and snipers.

EDIT: Literal Nazi Furry - COBRAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Doodles fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 16, 2014

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Genocyber posted:

You mean Burch isn't the source of all the worlds evils? :(
Every joke that sounds like it came from the script of a Crocodile Dundee movie was written by the Aussies, as was most of the main story. Any joke that was directed at Americans? Those were Burch.

"Donuts. Cowboys. Homophobia."

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

Edit: Obviously it would be a guitar, not an axe.
Silly person. It would be a guitar in the SHAPE of an axe. :torgue:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

CJacobs posted:

In other news, holy poo poo the Tannis riding a fish easter egg is back again and it's even activated the same way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ahx2gy_Kdw

At least some things never change.

I watched a Twitch stream a couple days back where a fellow spotted the area and just knew what was there, but he wasn't able to figure out the right combination to trigger it. If I happen into his stream again, I'll tell him the correct order.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Backhand posted:

Because I have very weird morals regarding cheating in video games and am not willing to just straight up mod my profiles... are there any particularly good ways to earn badass ranks? I know doing drat near anything will gradually level them up, but I'd like to know if there's anything particularly simple or obvious I might be missing.

Shoot everything. Open every container. Grab everything you can. Use all types of weapons and elemental damage. SHOOT EVERYTHING.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Basebf555 posted:

Really? I got like 6 purples in the final lootsplosion and the grinder wouldn't let me use them. They definitely weren't from the golden key chest either. Was this added in a patch in the past day or two?

Yes, it was part of the patch. I ground myself a Blowfly last night.

Okay, that prior sentence sounds REALLY awkward, no matter how accurate it is.:fap:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Trudis posted:

I just mean you can't form a playstyle out of literally throwing all of your bullets away.

Or maybe you can. I don't know, borderlands is hosed up.

I see folks use that tactic against the final/raid boss and Iwajira all the time. Any character will work, but use Nisha specced with Tombstone, or Claptrap's Boomtrap tree for extra broken results.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Possibly, but I'd wait for the Winter Sale. I'm also amused that the sale for the PC version at Amazon is for the physical copy and not the downloadable one.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I actually don't even know why they gave you the ability to scroll through your keys before redeeming them, as if you would want to select a very specific key from an inventory of identical keys.
I think it's tied into the system they've come up with to make it so that you can redeem things other than keys but wait until you have a character at max level before actually getting the item out, like the pumpkin cannon. It's a step in the right direction, as it keeps people from accidentally redeeming things at too low a level, but it needs another iteration that just treats keys as a quantity instead of individual objects.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Alien Rope Burn posted:

If you finished it, you got a whole extra skill point? :toot:
And that's assuming you could get through all 20 rounds without the game crashing and losing all your work. (I couldn't. After the second time, I gave up.)

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

DontMockMySmock posted:

I don't even know whether it's a bug or some sort of unexplained hidden feature but every time I pull out a rocket launcher in FFYL it only consumes a rocket one shot out of two for some reason, meaning my five-shot rocket launcher gets out 8-10 shots, again making me feel like a cheater.
Are they Vladof launchers? Since BL2, they've had an intentional hidden feature that they consume less ammo. This was exploitable in BL2 via weapon merging to apply it to other guns for infinite ammo, but that has been fixed with TPS. It's why I prefer to carry Vladofs, as it gives me a better chance to beat FFYL.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

mycot posted:

I think the only one that bugged me was Roland dying in one shot despite everything implying he should have a shield on.
If my player character than one-shot people in that situation, how hard is it to extrapolate that Jack can have a gun that powerful?

Also: People getting down on Aurelia's middle tree have not taken advantage of it fully. It's hilariously overpowered. If you use the trick to get the bonus weapons every time, just farm for a cryo Bullpup and build up Avalanche stacks. I just killed the final boss even faster than you could with the old Athena/Shooting Star trick. And I expect that, like Kreig's Mania tree, it was meant to be this ridiculous from the beginning.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Dyz posted:

Remember these are the people who decided to bring back that nakiyama character.
And gave us Davis Pickle. :argh:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

wdarkk posted:

Jesus, ten more levels? I'm pretty sure some builds are going to run out of worthwhile skills to take.
It will now be possible to have all three capstones at the same time. :black101:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I deal with that area one of two ways.

Most characters: corrosive sniper from way in the back.
Kreig: Release The Beast :black101:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Knormal posted:

Claptrap DLC endboss spoilers: What the hell is up with EOS? I'm at level 60 with Gibbed-gotten top-of the line guns, the boss is level 52, I spent half an hour chipping him down to around half-health before getting sick of it and quitting. I don't see how you're supposed to do this with legitimate drops. From some quick Googling it doesn't look like I'm missing any tricks or anything. Do I just suck, or do they need to patch this guy way down?

In his first phase, the head is the weak spot. In EOS phase, his weak point is his eye, but only after it opens up to fire at you.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

watho posted:

"You're breaking the game, dude!" :allears:

"PLAYER. WHAT. ARE. YOU. DOING?"

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Frocious posted:

I'm playing as the mech lady, and I'm quite upset by how easy it is to accidentally remove all of my anarchy stacks.
Get the Discord skill, and reloading a second time will cancel the anarchy loss, and you'll regen health as the stacks tick down.

Elderbean posted:

Playing Borderlands 2, how's Krieg?
He's a bit squishy until you can get Release the Beast, whereupon... Well, judge for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFMnHqxoVgE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Judge Tesla posted:

He's probably caught up in the post Jack power struggle Hyperion is experiencing, Tales mentions a lot of Hyperion execs are gunning for the top seat, which is currently vacant.

Blake always appeared to me to be the sort smart enough to keep himself out of the top spot and thus off the target list, while still being close enough to wheedle his way into getting whatever he wants.

• Locked thread