Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

recent episode he talks about how he pukes whenever he drinks i.e. more than your average bulemic person. including once in a japanese taxi right before meeting swery (i think, maybe he said suda51) to talk about wwe wrestling. the fat guy was like "why are you drinking on the job, dan?" and dan said that this was a side project and therefore being totally wasted was fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jackie D posted:

dan is cool

a greed

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

matrix ripoff posted:

glad i'm too loving old and uncool to know who the gently caress dan ryckert is

Don't worry, he will be dead soon. this is a man that throws hot food into the freezer because he cooks like 6 whole chickens every week for himself at the same time and then defrosts them in a really unsafe way

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dan once opened the door in a drunken haze because a loud noise disturbed his return of the jedi experience and found himself in the middle of a kansas downburst storm watching his neighbors roof fly off.

He turned around into his apartment with blacked out windows and went to bed for 12 hours.

He also once catfished 2 dozen jerks that made him mad on the internet and got them all to show up somewhere dressed the same to meet a woman that wasn't real.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sir John Feelgood posted:

i remember this story, but from another podcast. was that dan? what podcast did he tell that on?

he mentions it this week and says to go find the 2011 cast that he guested on where he went into detail

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

wow I was expecting to see something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OERZ8Pqs9iU

although christ, turn that heat down. eggs aren't supposed to boil and bubble the minute they hit the pan

he overcooks cooks the eggs on high for 90+ seconds before putting fully chilled pizza rolls on top and then cooking for another who knows how long. the bottom of the thing was black.

just be glad the pam didn't explode in his face when he sprayed it onto the lit stove.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dan Ryckert is homer simpson. who among you is his frank grimes?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dan Ryckert was George Clinton's personal camera man and driver during a parliament show in Kansas city. During the night 18 year old dan took George to buy drugs and partied in his hotel room. This was as a personal favor to George for playing a mob boss in his amateur film. Dan mantains a relationship with George's people and gets free tickets to p-funk shows when he wants.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jackie D posted:

he thought glasses looked cool and failed a vision test on purpose

but then wore them non stop despite being unable to see because they cost a lot and he was afraid to admit he was lying.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

elf help book posted:

after having that story repeated enough times ive decided its actually really sad

not as sad as being unfamiliar with the three basic elements of the average chicken egg.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

pretty sure his dumb jelly bean idea would have worked with a polar solvent like water.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

who's the guy on there that said windows phone is great and beloved this week? gently caress that guy and his fat sounding voice imo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shoehead posted:

Dan Ryckert is a published novelist with Airforce Gator and it's sequel Airforce Gator II.

Afaik he wrote it to annoy someone?

he wrote the second one to call jose canseco's bluff offer of a free foreword to his next book.

jose wrote it.

the whole thing happened because he tweeted at jose a few hundred times calling him stupid over the course of several months unprovoked.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

as a young child home alone dan decided to try drinking so he poured a straight glass of gin and powered through it with a half loaf of bread for chaser. he woke up the next day in the middle of the living room floor where he started. he did not vomit.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wormskull posted:

Dan Ryckert's hijinks are a lot more funnier when a guy in a gaming forum repeats what it is and explains what's so bizarre or offbeat about it. Thank you.

thanks i enjoy it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

arkham city had rachel ghoul

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dan asked brad what he thought about metroid other M and brad said it was good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

he'll die from putting three rolls of mentos in his rear end and drinking 7 gallons of diet coke.

he'll be wearing american flag sweatpants and what's left of his stomach will contain a taco bell quesadilla

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

brad always puts an idiot's damper on hard truths. someones like "hey gently caress the xbox ui" and brad is like "we'll you see they've been much better than sony at having updates" and everyone else is afraid he will eat them if they mention that the updates have been stuff that were day one features on ps4.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Meme Emulator posted:

I dont hate brad as much as most people do, as a fellow fat boring retard I find some solidarity with him

knock off the dota

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xmas Dumpster Fire posted:

Brad is an annoying pedant that doesn't contribute anything of worth to most discussions

but who will tell us of dota?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Butt Ghost posted:

dota is better left unsaid

you've past the test. you will receive your commendations by mail.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why can't professionals afford a background or at least green screen background effect for their professional podcast live from their childhood bedroom?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

when i first saw anime written i though it was pronounced like anaheim with out the ahi

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NienNunb posted:

What's everyone's hot take on Matt Rorie? In my opinion, he's alright.

hates classic gaming. otherwise not bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

do not one of these people even have Dark Souls 2on their list let alone first where it belongs

Dark Souls will never be game of the year because it is frustrating to play it quickly under a review deadline.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

But they got like 9 months to finish it by now....

but they already wrote the review where it got an 8 or whatever and now they need to stick to those guns and say that call of duty is a deeper and more enjoyable experience as evidenced by its perfect review score.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

alex has the worst voice.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a fun thing about dan is how he got so many celebrity favors as a nobody teenager from kansas.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Machai posted:

my personal Most Disappointing Game of 2014 is Shadow of Mordor because I am constantly being told it is a good game but my computer is not good enough to run it and I dont have a nextgen console

its v. good but only amazing if you really get into the orc breeding/training. otherwise its a piss easy assassin creed clone with nice controls and a trainwreck of a main campaign.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

alex needs to shut up. not only does he sound like a squidward's mammalian cousin, but he can't just say something without somehow managing to milk 5 sentences out of it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tender Bender posted:

But like what's the reasoning, why not give goty to alpha centauri then.

he so far only tried to get it to win for best dlc or most impactful game or something like that. they haven't talked about goty yet. maybe today?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

he'd be a kansas republican congressman otherwise

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VanillaGorilla posted:

Rykert's right - 90% of the lovely conversation this year has basically amounted to bitching that the Gumdrop Princess in Candyland isn't a genderfluid girlboi living as part of a multiple system. Mostly by a bunch of stupid loving adolescents that don't have the balls to seek any meaningful social justice in the real world.

gamergate whining lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

image brought to you by kawasaki brand shoulder and breast polish

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is brad married? could you imagine having a hostile 3 hour conversation about what to order at a restaurant or which towels to buy at the store with his fat baby tantrum face?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NienNunb posted:

Dota 2 looks interesting should I try it?

steam already preloaded it for you so why not, it could be fun to recapture the experience of controlling a single warcraft 3 unit

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dota seems like a game where you always need to do something on a checklist and if you don't you lose like 20 minutes later from attrition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mr.capps posted:

I am sorry to say that I may have to fight Dan's dad now.

are you a japanese cat?