Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
dan ryckert is the reason I believe in luck and hope, because those are the things keeping him alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
dan is the poo poo

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

internet jerk posted:

Who is that dude who does the podcast in the morning with Klepek? The one with literally the most annoying voice and punchable face in the entire known universe. I literally cannot listen to that guy say words.

gullah jack posted:

Alex Navarro. He sucks.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

dan said he doesn't like MGR:R

i cant handle this

nevermind dan is dead to me

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Cyra posted:

Is he the annoying guy in some of the new quick looks

man giantbomb has just sucked ever since patrick klepek. downsize the staff imo

nah the opposite, they should get more new people because the old guard are getting less interested in video games as time goes on

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Mr. Pumroy posted:

also his eyes were originally hosed up because he insisted on wearing prescription glasses over his perfectly good eyes because he thought it would make him smarter.

ok people have been saying this for a while but at this point dan ryckert should be dead. he is proof of quantum immortality

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I would totally party with Dan Ryckert. A Mario Party that is.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Actually, you're dumber.

......drat...

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
dan ryckert thought that big league chew was meant to represent grass, not chewing tobacco

he not only thought eating grass wasnt that weird, but that it was such a popular act that they branded gum around it

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Wormskull posted:

Dan Ryckert's hijinks are a lot more funnier when a guy in a gaming forum repeats what it is and explains what's so bizarre or offbeat about it. Thank you.

Are you even trying to buy into the cult of personality

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

that is loving horrific vomiting from dan ryckert, jesus

e: holy gently caress https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOPyRRB9yWI

klapman fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 2, 2014

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I would love to go drinking with Drew and Dan. Dan could tell the really stupid stories about his everyday life and Drew could teach me about Korea and poo poo. It would be really fun

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Wormskull posted:

Even if that's true you don't ever have to deal with Patrick when he's on his own, so it's not even a problem other than having to see his face all over the website. I've never watched a Patrick only thing and I made the mistake of clicking one of his articles once, which he wrote about standing on a hill on his horse in Dragon Age 3 and looking down serenely upon the landscape lmf ao, so that crap hasn't informed my opinion of him. He's a big rear end turd.

Yeah that article was kinda weird. Saying "yeah this game looks really good and made me stop just to look once in a while", that's cool. But really, looking at this made you feel an "intense moment of introspection"?

That's one of the most dull, unremarkable looking spots in the game. Also there's a typo in the article. Normally who gives a gently caress about that, but when your entire shtick is being a wordy as hell high minded video game reviewer, avoiding that sort of thing should be a high priority.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Sir John Feelgood posted:

patrick klaphark

now there's a nickname for "scoops"

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

K. Flaps posted:

When are they going to start mgs3? Can't wait for Drew taking 3 episodes to kill The End. (Not being facetious)

kojima will technically realize his dream of a two week long sniper battle

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Butt Ghost posted:

I wish Ryan weren't dead.

speaking of which, did anyone else notice that the time between Ryan's death and Mexico becoming the fattest country was eerily close?

someone had to pick up the slack ryan left when he stopped eating burritos. mexico was barely up to the task

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
patrick klepek actually had an alright list, im willing to forgive a lot if someone puts bayonetta 2 at their #1 spot

e: holy poo poo watch the loving day 1 recap right now

klapman fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 26, 2014

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I thought the last of us was pretty fun to play honestly, played it on hard and so long as you played it the way the devs wanted you to most of the time it would let you get away with doing some dumb poo poo once in a while

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
hahaha, he signed it with -pk

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
tried watching brad play dark souls but he wouldnt shut up about feeling bad for playing as the royal with the magic, while using magic to kill almost everything. its a poor substitute for metal gear scanlon

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

thats demon souls and yeah the whole series is kinda boring because he spends most of it apologizing for playing the game well.

poo poo, I was hoping he'd stop doing that after the first one

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It gets good when he gets repeatedly invaded by the same dude with the scraping spear who wrecks all his gear

but hey, sounds like i'll keep watching

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
tonight is the night

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
even giant bomb doesn't watch giant bomb east's content which is kinda sad

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
you should really watch the battle tetris thing, the guest is loving hilarious and spends a good 15 minutes just loving over brad in elaborate ways

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
idk, it was pretty cool how brad got his payback from when he started beating dan at battle tetris without telling him how to play and got all cocky, dude's really good at being a complete fucker too. wish he'd played against dan though, felt like the old guy was mostly there just to shoot the poo poo with brad, but brad brought dan along anyway

dude also knew patrick when patrick was like 12 lmao

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
dan doesn't seem to be the kind of guy that adapts to other people's sensibilities, so he might as well just take girls to hoodslam till he finds one that fuckin loves that poo poo

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
*big loving arrow pointing towards campground, light shining in the darkness, number indicating how many meters away you are from the campground*

*brad stares at head in the ground* "Is THIS the campground?"

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

StabMasterArson posted:

Dan gets a haircut

I was going to call bullshit on this but lo and behold

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

jeff pronounces SNES as one syllable, then rorie does it with NES and brad get snippy

brad knows who the alpha is, and somehow, its jeff

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Brad is one of the most cautious gamers i've ever seen, but where others play carefully and well, he plays carefully and then after a ton of buildup he just loses. Like if he played hardcore as poo poo at least it'd get done faster

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Verisimilidude posted:

am I the only one who immediately backs out of a quicklook once Vinny and Alex's voices come up?

ive gotten it down enough that all I need to hear is either "Alex Na-" or "VINNEEEE" before I get back to the main page

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
my friend says Brad is one of the reasons he started watching giant bomb stuff and got legit offended when I said maybe brad shouldnt spend the entirety of a quick look not doing anything

I think my friend might be brad

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
jason ostrichraker has been dethroned as the fighting game master by mystery challenger dan ryckert

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Funky Britches posted:

he's lost his poo poo on these here forums in fact

do you have a link, cause that sounds funny

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
well brads never gonna find his poo poo again then is he, youre very unkind

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Funky Britches posted:

yes brad youre right

personally I get worked up about video games because I really like playing them, and I like to let my primal urge to hate motherfuckers sprout from that, because it makes the gaming more fun. brad, if you're reading this thread, let yourself get angry sometimes. not pissy, like actually angry as gently caress, because honestly it tends to make things more fun so long as you stay self-aware about it

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
maybe this is the booze talking but I actually like poster Brad more than video Brad, he seems more real

e: and more interested. see brad anger truly is the key

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
i dunno man, maybe im just out of touch with stuff but "Get out of here with your facts and logic. It's too much fun watching the usual suspects invent new reasons to frantically stroke their hate-boners for me." seems like he's actually defending himself rather than just nodding along with what jeff and the others say. i'd like him to try and defend his platform more, because I think its a valid viewpoint even if I think dota is real bad

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

In Training posted:

The UPF where Alex Navarro plays that Tomodachi game for like 90 minutes and everyone stops laughing and gets visibly uncomfortable after 15...*italian chef Mwah! sound effect*

brad, dreamily: What if you could make money for eating...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
he knocks the gekko down with the grenade launcher, then switches to the m4 to plink at the radome 3 or 4 times, then pulls out the m60 and shoots at the body

god drat drew