Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

One of the big issues with the Easy Mode Discourse is that it's basically arguing that a video game is something that just happens to you instead of you interacting with the systems and like growing your skills and getting better. Like obviously not everybody has the same level of skill but that has little bearing on the game itself tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Wandering over to a mirror and recoiling in horror when I see a GIT GUD ballcap in a Top Gun logo treatment: I'm...toxic???

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When a game asks me to interact with the systems in order to improve my skills and overcome greater and greater challenges:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFJS_liRSeU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

nice strawman but thats an actual example of games gatekeeping out our pitiable forum admins and its disgusting you bring it up at a time like this

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

esperterra posted:

how does one become a keeper of the gates, it sounds like a lofty position that might have a good benefits package

Rent an apartment in a building constructed to focus spiritual energy by the Cult of Gozer and get possessed by Zuul.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Jokes on you I already did. Anyone who wants an invite get on discord and use the code LUMP3HZ0N3

As a bonus, it'll also get you 30% off your first order at MeUndies. Don't forget to like and subscribe.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

spb posted:

Mom: Did you get the chicken quesadilla I left on the counter?

Me: Not in the sense that you mean.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Milkman posted:

you're thinking of gaben

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

me w/ zoomed dark souls monocle observing neon green guy fatrolling around in a swamp with smough armor and a 4-pronged plow like im werner herzog: Here we see one without any of lifes advantages. Yet even this most pitiful specimen would tell you ze game is fair

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Look
If you had
One shot
Or one opportunity
To shift every goalpost you ever wanted
In one moment
Would you gatekeep it
Or just let it slip?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Twould be amaze balls if Zach de la rocha was shouting this over a sweet tom morello riff

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Some of those that work forces
Are the same that move goalposts

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

All of these thoughts running through my head
I'm on fire, face burning red
Frustration is getting bigger
Bang bang bang
Pull my Goalpost Shifter

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

This is so important.

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Rename this thread to the Klepek Pit

Sounds like Days Gone was constantly moving the goalposts in favor of the gatekeepers.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

that sounds like a male stripper

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The codes are always being operationally manifested in favor of the gatekeepers.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

The hare continues to lap the tortoise that is AAA game dev, as it lethargically eats its carrot on the stick, while the course is forever changed to benefit the coursemakers.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just thought of something. Could God make a goalpost so big even he couldn't shift it in favor of the gatekeepers.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This is the question oBstensivebly answered in Endgame that we didn't know we wanted, or needed.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

spb posted:

Ten hours in and the gatekeepers are moving their goalposts WITH each other. Twenty hours plus and my carrot/stick/sunk costs-area still pOwns my operational manifest.

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sex Tragedy posted:

It's the kind of website where you pledge loyalty to stalin so you can call people garbage for not being 100 percent woke at all times. And even if they apologize you say the damage has already been done.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Seems to me that the memes are always being weaponized in favor of the alt-right/GamerGate.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

I’m going to address this one directly, due to its insidious nature: the photo of me smiling next to the goalposts at Chicago’s historic Soldier Field has been weaponized by white gamer separatists, and I’m extremely skeptical of where you supposedly came upon it. It’s th

HolePisser1982 posted:

The screenshot of me mimeing moving the goalpost was intended as a joke. There is no way I could have moved it in reality. [gross fro slowly morphing into kramer hair] Thats what so crazy about this!

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

spb posted:

Alex: You pick up the grenade launcher and shoot it at Mr X. As you do.

*10,000 Tom Cruises laughing and jumping on the couch*

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

spb posted:

My friend was telling me how Dan always had an issue with anxiety. That he would medidate for like 2 hours each day to get over it. And then one day on the Beastcast, Dan casually mentioned that he drinks like 60 shots of espresso a day.

Hell, me too.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

walter sobchak bursts onto the e3 stage and tells phil spector that the chinaman is no longer an issue here dude thanks to the perfectly tuned pbug elite contorller

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Phil Spector

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Moments ago, I finished watching the final episode of The Colbert Report, and it seemed fitting to head upstairs, pour some scotch, sit down, and write my final post for Giant Bomb. This, my friends, is it.

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

gently caress you

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Andrew Dice Clay Wanders Into The Mana Bar And Orders An Ocarina Of Lime.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

it's ostensibly beyond reality to eat crab and not think about what it tasted like.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

*finds myself surrounded by cholo fifa gamers and a bunch of madden players* uhhhhh haha uh hey guys :v: So how about that Fallout 68 1/3 huh? Lmfao. Yeah crazy poo poo. Brad Bluemaker makes some good points but he was a bit off on Gears ... what are they up to these days 12? Lmao. Bring me a shrubbery! Haha. But just kidding but for real how’s it going.

Lol