Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I'm not sure if I said it in the other thread but I'll say it again, the fact that the Twi'lek is NOT a teenager is a huge plus. After KotoR and ToR both featuring prominent teen Twi'leks it is a breath of fresh air to see an older, more mature one in a major role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I wonder how long ago Obi Wan actually distributed those holocrons since he looked pretty young, considering we're supposed to be about 5 years removed from A New Hope. At any rate I am looking forward to some hammy Jason Isaacs :)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I'm not really planning on looking this up so maybe someone in here can inform me when C-3P0 got his mismatched leg? because I can't remember if that happened some time during the prequels or Clone Wars

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

So do you think Sabine's artwork will stay around for a few episodes :v:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Cross-Section posted:

edit: Tangentially related, but the legendary X-Wing and TIE Fighter are getting a PC re-release; they'll be available to buy from GOG.com tomorrow! :dance:

gently caress.YES:getin:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

god drat give the music editors a medal for this series making the Imperial March sound triumphant? That was awesome

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

ShineDog posted:

Did they use/were they inspired by the cues from tie fighter? Because that did the same thing.

no it's actually pretty discreet, I almost didn't notice it until it played out longer and then I was like "hey wait a minute, this sounds familiar" whereas in TIE Fighter you could still tell what movie piece it was emulating or using outright. It wasn't so much that it was being used in more of a triumphant manner instead of a foreboding manner like in ESB, it was more that changing the timbre, the metre and a few other musical elements helped disguise the piece just enough that you wouldn't notice unless you're really paying attention.

But we're all huge Star Wars nerds here so of course we can figure it out because the outline of the piece is still intact, like I said I was just blown away by how good a of a job the music people did :) it really adds to the character of this show, a reason (I think) why it is going so well so far

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Well the latest episode is interesting so what is up with all of the animal control going on, is that something that happened a lot in Clone Wars?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

tin can made man posted:

Yeah, that's totally Lando. Also, an Idiot's Array is an actual hand in Sabacc (Star Wars poker) so the writers on this shoe really know their weird EU.

if that's the case then who's got the Idiot's Array? Lando or Zeb?

For this weeks episode, that was nice. It's always good to see (or hear in this case) Yoda doing Yoda things because I think when the Inquisitor first appeared I was like "whoa it's like the cave Luke goes into on Dagobah, this is gonna be a good episode :munch:" and I was not disappointed

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

tribbledirigible posted:

Here's hoping Disney drives over another dump truck full of money to get that voice cameo.

considering he's already around for Star Wars VII I am gonna guess "less than you think" :v:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

She's definitely the mom of this crew :v: and she seems quite fine with that because it gets poo poo done and when she puts her foot down everyone on the Ghost knows that poo poo is hosed

e: just think of her and Kanaan's relationship like Enzo and AndrAIa's in ReBoot, complete with AndrAI calling Enzo "lover" just as Hera calls Kanaan "love"

Aces High fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 20, 2015

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

yeah I never cared if they were in a relationship, in fact I kind of had an initial reaction of ":raise: wait isn't Kanan a jedi? I thought relationships were verboten" buuuuuuuut hey it's Star Wars

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I wonder if the end of this episode will get them some action away from Lothal. Although they do need to rescue Kanan too, but maybe Tarkin will take him somewhere else :ohdear:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

goddamn after watching that I think this summer I need to actually finish Clone Wars, I stopped about 3 episodes in to the second season and decided to catch up on Arrow instead.

Liked the action in this one and I couldn't help but think that Hera could've clowned all of those pilots easily, it'd be the closest we'd get to a canon version of this :fap:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I get the feeling that with Vader now being a player of sorts they may keep her around expressly for a final showdown. I mean I don't expect something like that to happen next season but just something for long term

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Alchenar posted:

I hope we never encounter youngling Leia.

Yeah how long before New Hope are we? 5 years out? Luke and Leia'd be about Ezra's age wouldn't they? Something they have to be careful around now that Bail's been outed as the head of their section for the Rebellion

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Why would Bail have outed himself in the Finale? He wasn't even there in person and none of the corvettes were Tantive IV. The three CR90s were the one from Gathering Forces (presumably Fulcrum's ship) and two others in markings very different from Bail's Corvette from Droids in Distress.

not outed as in the Empire knows but we, the audience, and the Ghost crew know he is one of the leaders. Since the Ghost crew is now an official Rebel cell they will probably have more direct correspondence with Organa, as well as Ashoka instead of with "Fulcrum"

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

what is WEG?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

dang, and here all my friends thought the D20 version that came out with the Prequels was fun, wait till I show them this stuff.

Actually not everyone was impressed with the D20 system so I think they will definitely enjoy these more :)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Devol_Tettran posted:

Why can't I switch off the part of my mind that questions what A-Wings are doing before ANH? Quiet you, enjoy the B-Wing story.

iirc the A-Wings we will be seeing are not the same A-Wings that appear in RotJ, like A-Wing X1's or something, and I am willing to put money on the B-Wing story being a "gently caress, we broke it but cool concept" type episode.

I want to see some Z-95s though at least as a warm up to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUVc8KN7PdM or a similar intro of the X-Wing :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

again, regarding the "A-Wings", didn't the concept teaser trailer show distinctively that the ships we will be seeing aren't actually A-Wings? I remember there being some sort of side-by-side display of RotJ era A-Wings and the ones we will be seeing in the show to show that they are different enough. Also I remember reading that that was the excuse that EU people made up to explain why A-Wings were so common in X-Wing and Rebel Assault, since both of those games had you flying in them waaaaaaay before even taking on the first Death Star.

I would bet money that that B-Wing prototype is gonna get blown up, or crash

• Locked thread