Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
IGN has a clip of the first two minutes of the Book 4 premiere, which shows a bit about how Republic City and Asami are doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

This time-jump does wonders for rejuvenating interest in the show (well, that and the quality of Book 3).

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

I feel like this thread should be closed between airdates of new episodes.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Rosalind posted:

It's been up for about a week. I think they said that it's going to be 30ish no? I just wish they'd let me preorder already.

Pretty sure it was $20

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

It's really comforting to know that Toph has not changed at all in the past several decades.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

I'm really liking Kuvira as this season's villain. Zelda Williams does a great job being completely commanding and intimidating in public during the coronation yet reassuring and charismatic when talking one-on-one with Bolin.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Not sure why everyone is so angry at this episode. I guess the kids don't really annoy me as much as everyone else. I thought it was enjoyable!

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Kuvira's "point" is reuniting a nation torn apart. But that point is unbalanced by her insatiable thirst for power and control over people.

I hope we get a little more backstory on Kuvira to maybe find out why she desires power so badly. I guess you could argue that maybe she was tired of living in Su-Yin's shadow and seeing how she didn't use the power of her city to its full potential, but I don't know.

Still, Kuvira arguing to Su about how they should spread the wealth and prosperity of Xiao Fu to everyone was eerily reminiscent of Fire Lord Sozin trying to justify his conquest.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

The next episode's title is Battle of Zaofu, so yes, it looks like poo poo will hit the fan. (Not that it wasn't obvious enough already since we're barely halfway through the season, but still.)

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

So Korra's overcome her physical hindrance, now she just has to heal mentally. I'm glad they didn't make that poison removal a complete 100% recovery for Korra.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

dj_clawson posted:

I love how "Equality" is a dirty word in the Avatar universe.

The problem is all the people who claim to want 'equality' in the world of Korra so far have just been shown to be using that as an excuse to gain power. Kuvira doesn't really care about spreading the wealth of Zaofu, she's just using that to justify her conquest. It sounds much better than "Oh well you're the last city I need and I want to finish my neat Earth Empire map..."

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Bryan K. posted Ikki and Meelo's self-portraits on his tumblr. He made them with the show's prop designer Jojo Aguilar.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Why was the episode taken down off Nick's site?

It's back up now, just FYI! It's a good episode.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

There is almost 0% chance Steve Blum wasn't asked to guest star as Not Spike Spiegel.

Then why the hell did he not voice Jet in ATLA?

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

I completely agree with some of the complaints directed towards Korra. One of the best things about the original Avatar series is how Aang never lost or retreated from a fight! He never had any of that pesky 'conflict' get in his way.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

I cracked up at them pasting Bolin's face over Spirit-Kaiju Korra.

But yeah, clip shows suck. :smith:

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

I feel like this clip show would have been a lot better if they animated over the archived audio of old episodes with the chibi animation. At least there would be a reason to watch it, but as it stands now it's pretty much the only 100% completely useless filler episode in all of Avatar.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Even if they did avoid doing a clipshow and sacrifice the wellbeing of their hardworking staff, you probably would have hated whatever episode they would have put out in its place because Korra didn't just go into the Avatar state and kill everyone or something.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

I honestly just want Korra and Asami to get together because they're more appealing to me as characters together than most of the main cast.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Motherfucker posted:

im loving

gay

This is really loving good for a fan animation.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Miss Nomer posted:

Really? He went from loving with Korra to helping her when he found out the truth about Kuvira. He even further aided Korra by praising her strength and telling her that her power was limitless.

It's important to remember that Zaheer and the Red Lotus's original plans, had they successfully captured Korra as a child, was to train her in their beliefs and help them in their own cause. I don't think Zaheer ever really hated or despised Korra, but rather was just disappointed that this powerful person was not on the same side he was.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

I was sure I saw Bryan or Mike confirm that the series finale would be titled "Avatar Korra". But I guess that was just fan speculation. Not that it really matters anyway.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Looks like Lin and Kuvira both utilized the Edward Elric arm-blade technique in this episode.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

So who is Su's dad then?

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Hopefully the revelation that Kuvira would, without warning, kill her own fiance just to control a city will convince Bataar Jr that she needs to be stopped.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Korra is killed by Kuvira but is revived after a kiss from Asami.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Finale was super good and entertaining.

Also, The Legend of Korra PC game is on sale on Steam for :10bux:.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

I'm really glad this thread is ending, honestly.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Just realized Korra dated her entire Team Avatar. drat, girl.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Covok posted:

I never watched that one because it didn't look that good. It just seemed juvenile. I suppose you disagree?

It's immensely juvenile and full of real raunchy humor but I love it for the amazing English dub and the absolutely ridiculous and hilarious animation.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

I just wanna say before this thread is mercifully closed that I enjoy The Legend of Korra and Avatar The Last Airbender! They're both cool action cartoons that any fans of action animation should check out! Don't let these terrible threads dissuade you if you haven't seen either show yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Good riddance to thread, solemn goodbyes to Korra and Avatar world.

• Locked thread