Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

C'est la vie.

Kinda spoilery fanart from the Book 4 trailer:

http://i.imgur.com/LMxzLy5.jpg

I'm betting that Toph is totally dead and the camera will pan around to reveal a tomb or statue type deal where she bended earth around herself and then died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

"So, I'm not very good at writing letters. It's 2:15 in the afternoon. Weather is fair. Chance of snow showers later today. But enough joking around."

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

"Kill" is probably a word you have to literally negotiate to use on Nick. Wasn't it Breaking Bad or Mad Men that were told by AMC they could use one "gently caress" per season?

I dunno about Mad Men, but Breaking Bad definitely had that. It even extended to the written form, so they had to blur it:

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Get your poo poo together Toph, Bumi fought till he was like 120.

(I doubt this is last we've seen of her)

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Tbh I was hoping that someone would hug Toph and crack her back and then she'd go 'Huh, suddenly I wanna smash some chumps.' for some reason.

In the finale, Kuvira will blast Toph into a boulder and a conveniently placed jagged rock will crack her back for her.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

End of episode spoiler: Jesus loving christ Korrasami is canon. I'm not joking.

Literally as soon as Tenzin stepped away and Asami walked up, I loving started laughing.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Wait, why are you guys so ecstatic about it? :confused: I mean, it was really cool and progressive and all, but personally I'm mostly happy that it didn't end in a Deus Ex Machina.

I am eagerly awaiting the shitstorm to come. The fan reaction (both positive and negative) is way more exciting than the finale.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Jaramin posted:

That was a good ending and Korrasami was cool. It also really came out of nowhere, so it circumstantially appears that Bryan and Mike may have been using it as a "gently caress You" to Nick, or to get a rise out of the fandom.

I wouldn't say it came out of nowhere, but yeah I agree. I'm far too cynical to think Korrasami arose organically and I think it was a calculated move by the show creators to pander to the fandom and ensure the show ended on a high and a wave of hype. But gently caress it, if that's what it takes to get more representative characters in fiction that's fine with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Clearly it should have ended with the revelation that Korra was actually Kuvira all along, Fight Club style.

• Locked thread