Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Hey new thread someone please link the 5 proxies on one card site. I need to get my Saito testing on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Thanks so much!

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Can you link to saito's new brews?

https://twitter.com/TomoharuSaito He posted 15 brews on the 26th.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Count Bleck posted:

Are you telling me to do it again?

Because I know several people who have opened more than three boxes of Khans.

Why not just buy a playset of fetches for the same price???

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I took down FNM with monoblack aggro. Was a lot of fun winning on turn 4. I will probably get hated out next standard FNM though. Completed my fetch land playsets as well so very successful Friday. Now I just need playlsets of the Zendrikar fetches -__-

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I Love You! posted:

Super excited about this weird 2color draft, especially after streaming the draft portion and the only comment made was "bad drafting man..." and then the guy left.

Do you do a ub build? Cause the store owner just beat our faces in with it tonight. It was so annoying with the discard effects he ran.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Mercury Crusader posted:

Love that boardstate.

Edit: Oh it's a 'shop and I'm dumb... :negative:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

g/r monsters is the worst matchup for the sub sligh deck right?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Harness by Force seems like great sideboard tech here.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Entropic posted:

Boss Sligh now 1-1 in the finals.

Someone explain the etymology of "boss sligh" to me.

Sligh comes from Paul Sligh. Boss has to come from the Boss Ross nickname.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Fingers McLongDong posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who just put 4 cruises in his modern r/w burn deck yesterday. It's really good. I think I mentioned the other day that I played against a junk deck online that had islands in it just for cruises and it seemed to work. Card might be kinda dumb.

I am really disappointed with how little modern coverage there has been lately. With it being more accessible than legacy you'd think it would get pushed more by cfb and scg.

Do you mind posting your list? I'm building affinity but need poo poo in the mean time.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Mardu midrange is the most fun I've had playing magic.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Ramos posted:

New card.

Jazal Goldmane

2WW

Legendary Creature - Cat Warrior

First Strike

3WW:Attacking creatures you control get +X/+X until end of the turn where X is equal to the number of attacking creatures.

4/4

The dude that Nicole killed that made Ajani angry.

Is this just a dude in the new commander decks or is he the commander of one of the new decks?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

odiv posted:

Or when you put them in your Legacy deck they go to the command zone when they die.

This is almost guaranteed to happen isn't it?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

So I'm going to GP NJ just to play sealed. Will there be enough time to get a game in between the event starts if I want to do all 3? Or should I play out one miss 2 and drop based on w/l to join up for sealed 3?

I'm not sure how tight the timeline but 20 dollar sealed is too good to pass up. Might just sign up for the second one and just play that if the pool is insane. I'm thinking too much someone help.

Also any of you dudes going that don't want the mat let's work out a deal.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I'm bringing like 4 spare decks come borrow one and play in the main event.

Dude I'll take you up on that. if I scrub out I should still have time to at least sealed once right? Also what decks are you bringing? So I can at least try to figure out how to pilot one.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Ciprian Maricon I would like to thank your for the Legacy Deck offer but I did not realize it was Saturday so I will have to decline. You're awesome for even offering, LGS is having 2 year anniversary and I need to go support that, also I will be dead from sealed.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

So what happened to Death and Taxes? I was thinking of building it and it seems like it got poo poo on all over the GP.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Bonus posted:

Which guys do you cards like? Do you have any decks?

I played mono-black aggro to the point where everyone hated it out then I showed up with mardu walkers and gleefully dropped elspeth on fools.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Wasn't someone asking last week if DnT was dead? They were genuinely curious and new to the format, I hope they are encouraged to build the deck like they had considered because its obviously still real good.

Yeah it was me. I'm going to start pick up pieces after Christmas. Hopefully I'll be done by the next Legacy GP in Jersey.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

So what's looking like the best clan for pre-release.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Brutal Hordecheif is a guaranteed blowout if it lives to the next turn.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Went abzan today and my box didn't have a seeded pack.

My Mardu box was missing 2 fate boosters. Get your poo poo together Wizards.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

My LGS is small and we just got our first 32 player event today mostly due to pack per win payout. The pre-releases before that were more top heavy pay outs. Also yay we can host pre-ptqs!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Are the fetch lands supposed to be in Fate at all?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Is there any reason Lili shot up to 75? So glad I bought back in at 45.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

hahaha Martin Muller is hilarious.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Seth Manfield lmao.

Edit: Lee Shi Tian :thurman:

KidDynamite fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 7, 2015

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Dang Lee Shi Tian :(

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Oh that Blood Moon was dirty.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Jesus Twin just destroyed amulet post board.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Zoness posted:

the trick is to kill them before they hit 4 mana

do you run thoughtseize main in affinity? I just built it but can't decide what to run main.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Zoness posted:

Thoughtcast imo, thoughtseize is better against combo/powerful hate but thoughtcast is going to be necessary if you expect to run against junk a lot.

Makes sense. Store is just starting to run Modern in March so I'm not sure what the meta will be. I only know 2 other decks: Ad Nauseam and BW Tokens. I think there will be mill as well but who the gently caress is worried about that.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Mercury Crusader posted:

Was there ever a lore reason given as to why there is/are demons in the Mardu ranks? I don't recall them ever mentioning that at all.

Semi-related note, I fit Butcher of the Horde back into a new version of my Mardu Warriors deck and it turns out that having 28 creatures makes speeding out Butcher easy as hell so hooray for that.

Can you post that list? I really don't know what to run on game day yet and I've been running Mardu Walkers.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I made top 4 to split with Red Devotion. 3-1 in the early rounds. Deck is really fun has a lot of interaction.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Decks that don't play blue in legacy are just dead to a bunch of the unfair decks in the format on T1 or T2...

D&T dies to blue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I wonder if all the color cards are going to be associated with only their walker. Seems like an interesting design direction to take.

• Locked thread