Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Linkle's cool but where's linebeck, and byrne, and veran, and onox, and vaati, and ralph, and maple, and rosa, and groose, and jolene, and alphonso on a train, and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

mabels big day posted:

the only one on this list i dont know off the top of my head is jolene, and I completely agree.

e: looked it up, wow that's pretty obscure. but good.

I will happily accept a darkskinned spear wielding lady either named jolene or nabooru

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If nabooru or onox ever get in I hope they will get an iron knuckle costume

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfSeYwSNNtM

I like how the king just keeps laughing in that vid

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Where majora's wrath

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I need that majora's wrath dual whip action going on koei-tecmo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope toon link has a few different weapon sets. Skull hammer would be cool.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The T posted:

A train.

I would love that, too, but I will settle for alphonso riding around on a train

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm surprised Malon isn't playable

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Takoluka posted:

That would require the devs to have played a 2D Zelda game after 1.

e: am I thinking of Marin?

Yeah, you're thinking of marin. Malon is the horse rancher lady that is pretty much always there at every ranch in the series alongside Talon & Ingo

e: apparently Talon & Malon are based on Tarin and Marin tho so

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ralph should have the animal flute

Maple should have her vacuum cleaner

I want onox, veran, byrne, and vaati tho definitely. Needs more villain representation.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So is hyrule legends straight up a sequel and it'll get its own sets of dlc, or is it more of a special edition release that has some unique content but otherwise isn't going to get any extra dlc characters and stuff?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

jivjov posted:

It's sorta a cross between an enhanced port and a sequel. There's been some gameplay modifications (like controlling multiple heroes in one map) and it comes with all the DLC content from the Wii U version, in addition to adding more new characters (that can be redeemed back on the Wii U version).

There's been no word on DLC for Legends, but I doubt there will be any, since we knew about the season pass for the original very early on.

Is there any word on a proper sequel then, a Hyrule Warriors 2? Did the original sell well? I'd love to see a sequel with more characters since it feels like they got a lot of basic ones out of the way in the base game and dlc but didn't get to pick out too many side characters.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hopefully the codes work that way and aren't something tied to whatever NNID you're on when you play the game, cause I doubt I'd get the 3ds game cause it doesn't look that good but being able to trade or something for a wii u key sounds fine by me

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don't think anything else works like that. Pretty sure the Japanese version got codes that can be redeemed by any Japanese Wii U.

Oh cool! Yay!

Hopefully I'll be able to find someone willing to trade a code then so I can play as the boat :D

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Man, there's a lot more to this adventure mode map than I initially thought.

What are some recommended methods for getting materials for upgrades? I feel like there are quite a few areas in the adventure map that my characters are way too squishy and weak to deal with at the moment. I've heard about the infinite rupee glitch, dunno if that still works or not but I imagine it'll come in useful too assuming it hasn't been patched out.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Unrelated, if they made a hyrule warriors 2, what new characters (or old characters with new weapon movesets) would you want them to include in the game?

1. Linebeck

Dude's a coward but Linebeck owns and I'd love to be able to play as him

2. Onox

Pretty much an iron knuckle but with more weapons and the ability to turn into a dragon. The axe/ball&chain combo is neat and the games need more villains imo.

3. Veran

Pretty much an evil version of Agitha but with more emphasis on transforming instead of just summoning, I guess, but I think she'd be fun to play as

4. Vaati

5. Maple

I just want to play as a witch riding around on a vacuum cleaner while crashing into people :shrug:

6. Byrne

Cool train gauntlet thing, I dig his claw hand and his design in general and it'd be fun to rocket punch people with it.

7. Toon Link with the spirit train

Hey, you can play as a great fairy, you can play as Link on Epona, and you can play as the King of Red Lions. Why not let Link have a train moveset

8. Groose

C'mon

9. Nabooru

Game needs more Gerudos

10. Majora's Wrath

Basically I want them to delve into the portable games more

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bloodly posted:

Majora as a character is intriguing, but I imagine it'd be a Giant Boss first. Then again, given Ganon Mode...

I just wanna run around as buff muscular mask thing whipping people with fleshwhips

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sahasrahla, as represented by a big golem made of sahasrahla blocks, but the golem is wearing pegasus boots

Alternate costume is the chris houlihan block

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm still surprised that the deku spear moveset belongs to lana. The whole thing seems like it'd be a fit for Saria if anybody

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

Just replace Lana wholesale with Saria. Nothing of value would be lost. :colbert:

The summon gate looks pretty neat. I haven't unlocked it yet tho.

Not a fan of her magic book moveset tho, dunno what it is but it just doesn't gel with me

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Every time I play darunia I just mash his strong attack button over and over and over, am I doing it right

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
drat, dlc exclusive to legends? :( gently caress...

I want the cornando wind waker costume...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is hyrule legends actually any good? It's out in japan, yeah?

Is it something where you p much need the new 3ds to enjoy it or is it at least serviceable on the regular 3ds

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2J98CvVau4

Yes, you need a New 3DS for it to be servicable

Jeeeeeeeze

Im not getting a new 3ds just for hyrule warriors legends, f that poo poo, I'll just wait and hope it shows up on wii u too

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

I want skins for the HW villains of the Oracle villains and Agahnim like they are obviously supposed to be

I would rather just have the oracle villains as characters, because we need more playable villains dammit.

I will begrudgingly accept a veran skin for agitha in the mean time.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope there is an announcement soon on whether the hyrule warriors legends dlc will be exclusive to legends or available for the wii u version too

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What level should I be if I'm going for the rupee glitch? I saw a video where a person was doing it at level 129, but I'm only level 59 with lana using the summoning gate with rupees+ on it and I can still kill the gohma with one dragon ride but I've been trying for almost an hour and haven't been able to trigger the glitch. Do you need to be able to kill it faster for the glitch to work?

e: yay, I was hoping for irony to strike by letting me get the glitch finally but only after asking for advice! :v:

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 7, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh my god the great fairy weapon is amazing

e: how exactly does the NNID stuff work for this game? You just add someone, and then sometimes they'll show up in your game or something, or what? Do they need to be actively playing or can it be anybody who owns a copy of it or what?

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 7, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Always remember that you have access to the apothecary. That helped me out a bunch with that mission, and a few others too where I felt like I wasn't able to deal damage quickly enough.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When I have trouble, I'll either use the one that lets me break enemy guards easier or the one that makes it so my items are always powered up, depending on whatever character I'm stuck as. For that one, I used the guard breaker since it let me uhh break the enemies' guard more easily so I could keep on the offensive, tho if you think it'd be easier to just spam light arrows or powered up bombs then try out the item one.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Single use for the next battle you get into. If you lose that battle and retry it from the game over menu thing, the potion stays in effect. I don't know if it stays or goes away if you lose the battle and go back to the menu or if you manually go back to the menu. You can only have 1 potion active at any time tho, and that doesn't include your healing potions from the apothecary.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Doc V posted:

NoE put up an overview of the DLC content and pricing for Legends: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Hyrule-Warriors-Legends-1025970.html#Downloadable_content

-Four packs: Wind Waker Master Quest, Link's Awakening, Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks, A Link Between Worlds
-All four add new fairy costumes and an adventure map
-LA pack adds a new character and a weapon for Linkle
-PH/ST pack adds a new character and a weapon for Toon Link
-ALBW pack adds 2 new characters
-Buying the season pass also gives you a Wind Waker skin for Ganondorf

gently caress yeah!!

A shame that only 1 new character will show up for the PH/ST pack, cause that means no matter what either Byrne or Linebeck won't get in :(

I wanna believe so hard that the new weapon will be the spirit train though.

No idea what the others would add in tho, I never played Link's Awakening or ALBW.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
:shopkeeper:

It'll be hilarious if that's who gets in

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So is most of legends the exact same content-wise, just with the new gameplay changes and some variations in the map and an extra story mode?

What about multiplayer? Does it have co-op or any online stuff?

What does the fairy stuff do?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When I say content I mean the legend mode and the adventure modes in the vanilla game and vanilla game's DLC

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ok, with that I think I'm fine with skipping the 3DS release since I don't really wanna end up redoing a bunch of the content, even if the game mechanics have been changed. No co-op is a big loss for me too since while I enjoy playing it solo, I greatly enjoy playing hyrule warriors co-op. I think I'll just wait for a hyrule warriors 2 that isn't just hyrule warriors with some (admittedly cool looking) extra content and some gameplay changes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dizz posted:

My biggest whine is that there's no save transfers.

Yeah it's really cool I spent like 3-400 hours playing this game so I can do the exact same poo poo on a handheld device.

That's pretty much what kills it for me too. Tho maybe they'll release a save transfer app later on, who knows.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How does the character switching work, is it like all your characters are on the map and you swap between them so you can handle multiple fronts at once or do you just have a character come in and replace whoever you're currently playing as?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What was the lawsuit about? Something about capcom having the rights to making expansion discs or something?

• Locked thread