Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man I can't beat the Adventure Map where you have to play as Fi and fight the Imprison and his two kids. One hit from his stomp knocks 1/4 of your HP out, and Fi barely does decent damage to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow gently caress Manhandla in the Adventure Mode map where they keep spawning while trying to get 700 kills. Dunno if it because of Lana and Impa empowering the enemies, but one shot from their laserbeam knocked Zelda from full health to near death.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I hope the TP DLC character is the cool skeleton guy, well that's my post.

I wouldn't mind Skeleton Link as well. But odds are likely someone random like one of the resistance group members or humaonid Midna.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

THE loving MOON posted:

Ah, so that's how they get you. You get Cia and Pals for free, but you want their third tier weapons? You gotta get on that Master Quest swag, son.

I'm not complaining though, that's an assload of content in the first pack alone. I wasn't expecting the new Legend stages either, I only knew about the Adventure map. I just wish that the new adventure map wasn't still using the same TLZ1 plan. Not a big deal, just a little disappointing.

Gonna go ahead and take the plunge on the pass I think, poo poo is looking good.

Yeah that the only complaint I have is the fact it a reused Zelda 1 map..but it probably the Quest II variant hopefully. Also I just noticed in those videos above that I never knew there was a weak point down move.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There was also that Nobunaga's Ambitions/Pokemon game for the DS.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Wild Knight posted:

After playing this game, I really want Nintendo to trust Omega Force with one more of their franchises.

I've joked about it before but holy poo poo, Fire Emblem Warriors would make so much sense.

They should really stick with the formula and if you in story mode kill a general, they are dead for the rest of the story, the same applies for any minor general with you.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cake Attack posted:

To get a reward in adventure mode do you need to play with the right character? Like if the A rank reward is a heart container for Impa do I need to play as Impa?

Yeah. I got A Rank on a level with a heart container for Ruto as Impa and didn't get the heart afterwards.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Regy Rusty posted:

"Goron Captain defeated Impa"

:stare:

I saw in my game today Hyrule Captain killed Wizzaro. I didn't even know he was even in the battle!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What's a good move to use for Midna on the Devastating Attack levels. Arrow usually works good, but the Twilight Realm level with her only for some reason is giving me trouble. Mostly because I will get near the end and then get hit by one random mook and lost all but one heart, which at that point I just game over since avoiding that hit would get me a A rank on that stage.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mayheim posted:

I have wasted one of my ladders and I'm afraid I will never get to see another one. :rip:

I saw people mention this when looking up how to cross the river to get Agiatha. Just refight a tile near where the ladder to get the game to respawn it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If they add in the Wario family of characters, then they might have a decent library of heroes.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Donkey Kong
Wario
Waluligi
Daisy
Mona
Ashley
8-Bit
Yoshi
...and more.

While along with Bowser can use the other final bosses or the Koopalings as other enemies.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Inverness posted:

Thank you so much. :allears:

You don't need a ladder to get Agitha. Just go around from the north and use the water bomb.

I already grabbed her, but for the longest time the game wouldn't let me play the map where there was a single tile of water separating them. Not until I beat Cia in Legend mode that it let me play the map.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Since the DLC been out in Japan for a day, has it been shown what the other costumes you can get in the new adventure map are? Also wonder if the new map falls into the Quest 2 secrets.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dunno how I survived one of the Geurdo Temple maps where I was taking over targets and didn't notice a shield moblin stunk into my main base and bought it all the way to a silver of health. I just kept spamming Impa's ultra meter attack (the naginata version) for almost four minutes straight while clearing out all the respawning bokoblins until they finally stopped spawning and was able to go back to clear the rest of the map with no problem.

Unrelated, but where is a good place to get weapon drops. I trying to get a better default weapon for Agatha before I try her A Rank second weapon map..as her default weapon is too weak.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Regy Rusty posted:

"All Attacks are Devastating" levels are just the best. Absolutely effortless to A-rank with any character, and incredibly quick if you need to get an item. If you need a basic item like a candle just find one of those maps because it's way less tedious than having to replay something longer just so you can access stuff on another square.

Yeah those levels are fun, even through for some reason I was having some issues with one where you used Midna and had to fight a bunch of soldiers. But yeah the "kill X enemies" ones are generally annoying if the miniboss the level spawns is Gohma. The others are pretty slow, but Gohma is always right on your rear end.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Nothing annoys me more then doing a "kill X number of enemies in 10 minutes" and only being 40 short at the last ten seconds. I probably should ignore the unique captains, but them powering up the enemies makes the mini-bosses roaming around hit hard.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I know it was posted before in the thread, but what the best way to A Rank the tiles that lead to Link's Fairy Bottle and Lana's Summoning Gate? The Zelda only map with the two armies wouldn't been so bad if Volga didn't take off half your health in one hit. And the other one sucks since the monsters take forever to kill...with the one time I was almost done was a failure because I ran out of time due to Imprison having too many invincible frames.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man, I barely got the A Rank on the "defeat three giant monsters in ten minutes" map next to the Summoning Gate with Sheik. Thought I wouldn't get it after Imprisoned and the Dragon managed to team up immediately after Gohma died, which I had to juggle them both. Only had 9 seconds left at the end, but I did hit the A rank so I was happy.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I like Master Quest so far, but man it's annoying having to go in a certain direction because half the tiles I opened are blocked by a invisible enemies condition, which sucks since the nearest harp is over in east woods area.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of future Adventure Maps, I hope they use different locations. I don't mind Master Quest being Zelda 1 still, since it seems to be covering the second quest map, but it would suck all the maps are just the Zelda 1 overworld constantly.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Psyker posted:

Beat Zelda's r2 baton mission pretty easily...

by plugging in a second controller, leaving Zelda in the keep, and mowing through everything with my level 99 Link.

You might say that's cheating, but they said repeatedly that the Hero's greatest strength is the power of friendship.

I tried to do this method, but Zelda kept getting hit by peons. Any place to keep her from being attack while using another character to beat it?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
We all know that Sheik is really powerful, but I didn't know her having the water shield up ignores the Redead/Gibaro stun attack! I only found out because I forgot to roll away from one and she was still moving.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Shadowlyger posted:

Nah. Fierce Deity Mask would be a better dark element weapon for him.

Wonder if if Fierce Deity is used they will give him the beam sword ability? Could always mix some elements of it with the Skyward Sword beam sword if they need additional stuff for it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can't seem to get Ganondorf's level 3 weapon. Dunno if the stage 2 weapon is too weak, but my attacks ain't doing a lot of damage against Agatha and the Moblin Generals on the map. That wouldn't be a issue except I seem to get hurt for a lot more then usual by Agatha and the Skalknights, getting the dreaded B in HP.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Regy Rusty posted:

Best advice is just not to fight Dark Agitha at all. Zant can take her - you don't even need to whittle her down. Just go spend the time you need taking care of other objectives.

As for Stalmasters, they and darknuts are the biggest joke enemies once you learn the trick of whacking them once and immediately dodging behind them. It usually causes them to instantly show their weakpoints.

Oh I didn't know Stalmasters work like Darknuts. Of course it doesn't help they rarely appear on maps so I never get to fight them enough to learn their attacks. Yeah the last time I did the map Dark Agatha got killed by a Hyrulian Captain somehow while I was trying to kill the plants. I should try to find some more weapon drops for Ganon before taking this stage on again then.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I hate traitor missions in Master Quest. I failed one at the very last second because Cia died because she can't keep her HPs up while I try to kill Sheik with Zelda. Why does Zelda get some of the most annoying Adventure Mode maps?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Since we are coming up to November, has there been word on what in the Twilight Princess pack that due out this month? I know Japan got the previous DLC a few weeks early, so I figured they would got some hints of the content at this point.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Well I know which one to get for free from buying Smash at Toy R Us. Curious if Zelda will get one next month, since she shown to getting a amiibo in December.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

mabels big day posted:

gently caress traitor missions on the master quest dlc. There's one with Zelda on the twilight field map and it's just impossible. Manhandla stalks, needing to capture every keep till you kill the leaders, and all these traitorous soldiers are marching all over your base.

Also doesn't help that Cia has low HP and dies quickly to the traditor solders.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I was surprised when I played Warrior Orochi 3 and Dynasty Warriors 8 to find out they don't have the lockon like this game. Like that feature too, as it makes it easier to find out how who to kill when the room is full of mooks.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Managed to find the Zelda amiibo today and she gave me a random tier rapier for Zelda.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Young Link will be worth if we somehow got a Wind Waker costume for him.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hylian Captain is in Trouble!

Hylian Captain is in Danger!

Hylian Captain has defeated ReDead Knight!

This was the best.

I think Hylian Captain once managed to kill Wizobe one time in my game. I still don't know how that happened either.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Maybe it's the wind fish?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdN0iZC3puk

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Another tip that is very useful. While you will start auto running after five seconds, you can immediately run if you hold down the dodge button.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man this version is so fun. The graphic hit is oddly more noticeable in the menus then anything, but man the gameplay is so drat fun I don't care. I just love the hot swapping and owl statues in maps, since between those and directing people to points making taking keeps and grabbing skullatas so much more reasonable now.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

jivjov posted:

I'm still a little bummed that the Oracle games and the Four Sword games (including Minish Cap) aren't getting the same level of fanservice as pretty much everything else...

Probably something to do with them being partly made by Capcom. While Nintendo has no issues re-releasing them, they probably have to license the characters from it if Geno is a example.

Even through it not part of the games coming up, it would be cool of Marin had a Malon costume from OoT.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ugh not all maps have owl statues. Failed Impa's map to get her other weapon while at the enemy hq at the end due to the idiots at the allied base not knowing how to fight. Since there no warp I tried to just rush the base since I near it but failed. Now I get to do it all over from start. :suicide:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Where can you get more monster horn? I barely used Skullkid and Toon Link because they haven't got almost any upgrades yet due to not having monster horn to make badges for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

This isn't true. The lock-on tutorial specifically mentioned ZL for the "new Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL."

Yeah I saw that when I started my game. Which is good that it did, because I wouldn't had known about it until I was reading it and saw that part.

• Locked thread