Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

ChetReckless posted:

Check the Weather (data from forecast.io) just updated with its own widget now:

I like the data they chose to put up there but holy hell is it big.

Looks like rear end compared to weather underground's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

spunkshui posted:

I realy like the default podcast app.

It downloads new shows, deletes the ones I have listened to, indicates new shows, works with siri "play newest episode of _____".

It even lets me pick up where i left off on my desktop when I get home.

I guess it doesnt have auto volume, but desired volume is a function of how loud my environment is anyway.

Yeah, stock podcasts app does everything I could hope in regards to listening to idiots talk about things.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Did we ever really find a decent weather widget?

weather underground

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

They all play music, but what got me to embrace and stick with Spotify was the playlists, collabing, searching, following, all awesome stuff. Maybe the others let you create social playlists and cultivate a listing of routinely updated and bespoke playlists, but everyone I know is on Spotify so that helps.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Are there any "media" players that work with ios8/iphone 6 Plus yet?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

benisntfunny posted:

Maybe I'm dumb but what is "media" code for? Maybe you can use a little more vague words to describe.

I use Plex all the time. But it plays media so I'm not sure that's what you're asking.

I just meant video, sorry for the confusion.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

obi_ant posted:

I'm looking for a photo manager. The problem that I'm having is I've performed roughly 17 iPhone back-ups since I had an iPhone. I typically just drag what I have on my phone into my external HDD. The problem with doing so, is I just have 17 folders of iPhone photos and tons of duplicates. What do you guys suggest I use to re-organize my photos but at the same time, safely removing my duplicates?

iPhoto works really well.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

The Dave posted:

I can't believe facebook wasn't one of the first apps out supporting the 6/6+. I'm just assuming it will be part of their update next Tuesday.

Yeah, it's one of my last non updated apps and it looks insanely terrible. :rolleyes:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

xilni posted:

Lucky you.

Yelp, Facebook, AP News, WhatsApp, Google Drive, and countless others for me.

Big offenders are LastPass and Authy which have already been updated for iOS 8 and Touch ID but not native iPhone 6 and 6+.

Well, yeah Yelp and a few others but I should have stated out of the ones I use often.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Tsyni posted:

Is there anything cheapish that will use a heart rate monitor to analyze my sleep?

Not quite sure what your after but motionx 24 is pretty great.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Question Mark Mound posted:

I know that personally speaking, if I can get the next few hours of accurate hyperlocal weather in a widget, I'll be so happy.

That's literally the weather underground app.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

tuyop posted:

Well, maybe? I mean I'm pretty dependent on the thing for productivity, but that stuff isn't novel and it's really just a huge improvement on a bunch of paper products that have existed for decades. I know how to manage without my phone and so marginal improvements really don't mean much to me, if that makes sense.

Stuff like getting the weather a tap faster (since you swipe both to unlock and get the notification centre) seems like a really strange thing to be this interested in, since everyone here probably remembers a time when it wasn't available at all and they still managed.

I don't really care about the weather thing, joking aside, but we fixate on tiny features this way all the time and that's really interesting to me.

Enjoy your wooden bike gramps, we got poo poo to do.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Last Chance posted:

Along a similar vein, are there any good apps to view photos taken with the default Camera app?

Photos app

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

No, you can't always use Siri in the real world.

You pretty much can now actualy, Siri is really good and powerful and I need to use her more.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Camera+ code:

T9JXLNKJK6TJ

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yall people care an insane amount about how you press play to listen to Uhh Yeah Dude.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

dizzywhip posted:

I don't have recommendations for the other two, but it's worth mentioning that Panic recently released Prompt 2, which is a separate app from Prompt 1. You'll have to pay for it again, but it's pretty slick.

gently caress Panic for that poo poo. Never see another mcchicken sandwich from me.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

dizzywhip posted:

Hey man, putting out updates costs money. I think the culture of expecting to pay once for an app and receive free updates forever and ever is not so healthy for the developers. The thing that sucks is Apple's lack of support for paid updates, so you can't offer a discount to people who bought the previous version, and it has to be sold as a completely separate app.

I guess that makes sense. Still a rough time.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Hughlander posted:

Are there any maps apps that do turn by turn over BT Phone profile and not A2DP? It is annoying that Siri can pop up over the tuner but for maps I have to give up the radio or turn off Bluetooth.

The... The radio? If you aren't already listening to something on your phone in the car I don't even know what to say.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Hughlander posted:

Thanks for the input then! I'll make sure you get a participation medal for it.

My normal commute is under 3 miles. Taking a phone out of a pocket waiting for the Bluetooth to sync and starting a music app is way too much effort on the average day vs turning the key and the radio is already on.

Still want a map with a phone profile though.

There isn't one, have fun.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

~Coxy posted:

What's the trick to it? I installed it and the app has nothing in it and I don't have any Share Actions.

It stopped working for me in ios 8.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

gently caress 3rd party keyboards, bugs or not Apple's reigns supreme.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

The Google keyboard is superior to all keyboards.

e: Actually, the HTC variation of the Google keyboard is superior to all keyboards.

Havn't seen it, will test if/when it arrives.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Legs Benedict posted:

Yeah, that makes sense considering the fact that almost every single keyboard that requires "Full Access" suffers from the same bugs. But it's not Apple's API problem, it's third party developers.

:rolleyes:

It is 3rd party devs.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

NyxBiker posted:

Will they ever make Track my iPhone to track your iPhone via IMEI, man they just stole my iPhone and it was disconnected from the internet so it's gone, but would be cool in the future to get this feature in the app.

I feel like you shouldn't be able to turn the phone off without the password, when your phone is stolen it's too easy to stop the tracking just by turning it off. Is this a moronic idea?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Took 2nd to last, can/does it have iCloud sync or sharing?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

GET is sure a great upgrade over FREE, thanks Apple.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Can you add podcast files to overcast? Or just downloads?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

~Coxy posted:

You cannot. :smith:
(I'm still hunting for a good podcast player than will play files I sync. Pretty sure it doesn't exist. Maybe an Audiobook playing app?)

God drat it, this is the only feature I even want out of a podcast app and the native one handles it so amazingly badly I'm astonished whenever it actually plays.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

MrSaturn posted:

What's the use case for this? Where are your podcast files coming from? If they're not attached to a feed somewhere, isn't it technically...not a podcast?

(password nonsense aside, of course)

For me it's really just the first 200 episodes of Uhh Yeah Dude(the rest are on feed), I like to play the entirety of the episode library while I do things, to pretend I have funny cool friends.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Is Serial 52 episodes or does it end at the end of the year? I can't imagine there is much story left but she just keeps pulling our more riveting poo poo.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Overcast used to show newest episodes first in the Unplayed and All categories, now it shows oldest first. Anyway to fix this? please help!! :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

Did tapping on the Unplayed and All buttons do nothing? Both of them have an arrow for me and tapping will change the ordering.

Jfc, that's it. Thanks.