Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Cat Face Joe posted:

non cj computer job havers represent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Tin Gang posted:

computer science is just a primitive degenerate form of electrical engineering

The Oath recited by an inductee of The Pledge of the Computer Professional is:

I am a Computing Professional.

My work as a Computing Professional affects people's lives, both now and into the future.

As a result, I bear moral and ethical responsibilities to society.

As a Computing Professional, I pledge to practice my profession with the highest level of integrity and competence.

I shall always use my skills for the public good.

I shall be honest about my limitations, continuously seeking to improve my skills through life-long learning.

I shall engage only in honorable and upstanding endeavors.

By my actions, I pledge to honor my chosen profession.

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

non cj non computer job havers represent

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

My work as a Computing Professional affects people's lives, both now and into the future.

As a result, I bear moral and ethical responsibilities to society.

As a Computing Professional, I pledge to practice my profession with the highest level of integrity and competence.

I shall always use my skills for the public good.

I shall be honest about my limitations, continuously seeking to improve my skills through life-long learning.

I shall engage only in honorable and upstanding endeavors.

By my actions, I pledge to honor my chosen profession.

or something

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I feel that the term CJ is disrespectful to real janitors, who provide a valuable service and don't wear anime t-shirts

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

i'm employed and feel a vague sense of dread at all times

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

As a result, I bear moral and ethical responsibilities to society. An Industrial Society. With a Future.

ShaggarTed was right.

Goddamnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i'm the world peace advocate who beat his pregnant wife and abandoned his family

• Locked thread