Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
And they covered the Laurel problem.

quote:

“Laurel’s always been sort of a tricky character for us,” Guggenheim said. “Especially with female characters, you don’t want to define them by their love affairs.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I wanted to see the Kate Spencer Manhunter. I would be more than happy to see the Goodwin and Simonson Paul Kirk Manhunter and the Council (army of ninja clones!)show up...also the singing cowboy Vigilante is far better than the District Attorney Vigilante

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Shatner has the perfect delivery for Grodd.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

sbaldrick posted:

He is clearly Will Magnus, as he is the best fit for the show.

That would be the best thing ever. Clenched teeth, pipe, and all.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
That is either the worst or best idea ever.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Gaz-L posted:

"To eliminate evil, one must first understand it. Talia... drop the bass."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCawU6BE8P8

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

hcreight posted:

I just don't want this to become the new "Jesse didn't shoot Gale" for the next month and a half.

Ras didn't kill the dog :colbert:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I'm just hoping that leg is either Shiva's or Cheshire's.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Aphrodite posted:

The Shannara show is being produced by the Smallville creators.

No magic powers or using the words druid or elfstones till season 10

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
That's better.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
John Stewart Diggle

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

zoux posted:

I uh, er...ah.. well. gulp....

That cast really likes working together.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

hcreight posted:

...spoilertv...

How did I not know about this site?

Thank you!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
John Stewart Diggle...Driver without fear and a power ring.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I am actually enjoying Laurel's take on Canary now.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I liked Gil Kane's art of Hal Jordan (he was the Green Lantern of my youth). I can't stand Guy, and I don't know anything about Kyle. However, I would be more than happy to see John on screen.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Drug Dealer neck snap was worth the flashback.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Rocket Red? Comedy Option

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I just wanted Ra's to say "...Archer."

That's all I wanted... BARROWMAN! :argh: It has to be his fault.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Oh god the first comments are all shippers freaking out. It's so wonderful.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Xelkelvos posted:

There's not that many male scientists in the DCU that are also Superheroes. The closest I can think of off the top of my head is Will Magnus (not really a superhero) and Niles Caulder (not really all that heroic)

Edit: There are two black ones, but they probably couldn't be used without recasting.

Vic Stone, Curt Metcalf, John Henry Irons, or Michael Holt?

There's also Dan Cassidy who started out as an engineer and the latest version of Al Pratt. There really aren't a lot of good guy male engineers/scientists who would do the power armor thing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The Batman storylines are why I'm loving this show. We'll never get to see a real Batman show so I am ecstatic to get at least this. Also, Atom's strongest power is his ability to control his effective mass as well as his height. Sure he's 25mm high, but he can mass 90kg.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Habibi posted:

I like the idea that Ra's knew Oliver wasn't telling the truth, so he deliberately wounded him to test him. Because delivering two non-instantaneously-fatal sword thrusts to the torso and then knocking a half naked fool off a snow-covered mountain is a hell of a test.

And you thought the Kingsmen had a tough job interview...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

boom boom boom posted:

Arrow's Ray Palmer doesn't seem much like a scientist either, he's an engineer.

Also, goddamn now I wish they had gone with Micheal Holt instead of Ray Palmer

Dan Cassidy with the Blue Devil suit not fused to him. They already set that up with the movie posters.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The image title is 'mia.jpg' :crossarms:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I knew who Mia Dearden is. I had forgotten she used it Corto Maltese.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Thea takes Ollie's plans to start and control a gang war and attempts to use them to clear up the Glades.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Whizbang posted:

That would actually be rad as gently caress.

:ssh: It's the plot to Batman:Wargames

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

greatn posted:

Did he ever murder a single rich person?

His mom. According to Slade.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
But it's because of Ollie! :argh:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
If Dr. Fate shows up I'll be fine with that.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
This was so much better than last week's episode.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

SavTargaryen posted:

Picture spoilers: That is a League of Assassins outfit that Ollie is wearing.

f;b

Also, They're facing Reverse Flash

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Ollie needs to clown Snart

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Golden Bee posted:

What's great about this episode is how often the juxtapose Oliver not killing someone and Diggle killing dozens of people.
Also, I love the Senator's plan.
1.build the hospital in the Soviet bloc
2.get captured
3. Talk my way free
4. Ride that hostage negotiator love all the way to the White House!

It's such a comic bookish plan. How could it fail?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I like the fact that this season there are two big bads. Ra's, and Ollie's bad decisions catching up with him.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

greatn posted:

Diggle should be a Mr. Terrific, because he's Terrific. Not the same Mr. Terrific as one of the other ones, a brand new one. Get him a T mask and a leather jacket that says "Fair Play" on the back.

If he isn't John Stewart Diggle, he should be John Holt Diggle. Michael's badder rear end cousin.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
And didn't have the Bat-embargo...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

JohnSherman posted:

code:
 [spoiler]Thing from preview, interview, or set photo[/spoiler] 
poo poo ain't hard.

None, really. They're both pretty dumb and cheapen death.

Are spoiler tags needed for previews too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Phylodox posted:

Some bros are just not bros, bro.

Some bros need to read Matt Fraction's Hawkeye, bro.

I loving hate that series.

• Locked thread