Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Stephen did Aisha Tyler's podcast

It's pretty interesting, and I'd certainly urge people to listen to the final segment at least. A little sad that they didn't talk wine, considering Aisha's plugging her own upcoming booze production project in the intro, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'd have guessed the proposed Supergirl show at CBS (they part-own the CW, so they could still crossover), but I feel like they'd have said so if it was. The Wonder Woman show the CW was developing a couple of years back, maybe?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Isn't the other show Hourman?

The Hourman pitch sounded like it was explicitly avoiding the more comic-book superhero elements, which hasn't been Kreisberg, Guggenheim and Berlanti's MO. Hell, remember that Kreisberg had a run writing the real-deal Green Arrow comic BEFORE the show was even really pitched. (And is co-writing it currently)

dreffen posted:

Brandon Routh Returns?

Also I haven't seen that Superman in a while but I imagine it probably did not hold up.

The movie? No. Routh is actually really good in it, though. The problem is it's trying to have it's cake and eat it, by being a more modern story tacked on to a bunch of very VERY Silver Age elements. Lex Luthor as a self describing 'criminal mastermind' obsessed with pulling cons and real estate scams via ridiculous plotting, in the same movie where he stabs Superman with a Kryptonite shiv? Superman as a deadbeat dad stalking Lois with superpowers, while giving gee-whiz advice to plane passengers? I'm not sure the more modern meldrama stuff would've worked even without the goofy parts, but at least the tone would've been consistent.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He played it to the hilt, no doubt, I just wish we'd gotten evil tech magnate Lex, with Spacey basically doing his Frank Underwood-style performance. Hell, Underwood basically IS a supervillain.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Speak for yourself, Dana Delany is still smokin' hot. :colbert:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

aBagorn posted:

Barr-icity :colbert:

I don't care that they are on different shows and would burn out having to film that many crossover appearances :v:

That's a pretty high Felocity pairing!

Eh? Eh?

I'll show myself out.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

eriktown posted:

I bet this means that we're going to see a lot of Sarah in the flashback scenes.

She'll probably show up from time to time, but Ollie thought she died on the island until she showed up in the city last season, remember? So she'll need to show up in other flashbacks (Amell has said that they're branching out and some episodes will have flashbacks follow the other characters, like Felicity)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

Wait a sec...

Didn't Sara give her jacket to Laurel five months ago? She went out and bought a new, identical one?

You've never bought the same kind of shirt more than once? And do you know how hard it is to find a murderin' jacket that you can also wear on a night at the club?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

eNeMeE posted:

Sara was a person who killed other people for money and was almost certainly in the city to kill someone (for money). If, after her completely innocent sister had left the area, someone had shown up and put several arrows in her followed by "You have failed this city" that would have been about what was supposed to happen to someone who kills people for money in Starling City.

Speaking of...

HE SAID IT!!! :neckbeard:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To be fair, it's not like Thea can't fake some picture to send him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Daric posted:

Amell gets more chest shots than everyone else in the show combined

Duh, it's in the thread title.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It is.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Drifter posted:

Helena's italian, and you know how they love their food.

Poison canoli bolts for her crossbow.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DivisionPost posted:

As an Italian, the food puns in this thread broke my heart.

I thought that was the fetuccine Alfredo?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Klungar posted:

It was supposed to be super low budget: that wasn't the actual police, it was just Ollie's handler pretending to be the police.

I think the issue is more that they couldn't pay a couple of dudes to also dress up as cops? Because shouldn't Tommy get taken to a station or something for a statement at least?

And that final "John... I don't wanna die down here..." :(

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, neat little bit of cross-media synchronicity: The current story in the regular (ie: not TV tie-in) Green Arrow comic has Dig and Ollie having to track down Mia Dearden, the comics' version of Thea.

I mean, it's not shocking, considering it's being written by one of the showrunners, but still.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
But bows > boomerangs?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Nah, I bet Laurel's gonna hit the gym and take up boxing as an outlet for her anger and frustration, and vehemently deny to her dad and Team Arrow that she's beating up purse snatchers in a bolero jacket and home-made domino mask.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He's already cameoed, it's not a spoiler. :colbert:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

The thing is everyone wants him back, as long as Jaime keeps the scarab.

Yes, because bringing back the safe nostalgia version of a character has always led to DC keeping the non-white/non-dude version around as the primary one?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
So hype to see Oliver turn the tables on Merlyn and catch HIS arrow for a change.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think it's unlikely because getting her back to the place where she's willing to even kill Malcolm seems to be a turning point in the next episode, going by the preview. Unless there's a poo poo-ton of Thea flashback in the episode.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sulphuric Sundae posted:

Sin's actress got another gig, right? I like her on the show, but props if she got something more steady.

She's in the Scream TV version that MTV's doing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Fightin' crime in stilettos.

If you can think of a more practical form of footwear for the job, I'd like to hear it!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OK, thread over. This is the right answer.

(Also, just in case it wasn't clear, I was kidding about the stillettos.)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Since when was this ever a reason to keep an actor in a TV series? They could have written him out at the end of the second season under the pretense of "dude bailed to Bludhaven, oh well."

And say 'oh, btw dont take another job in case we need u l8r d00d, thx'? If you fire a guy, he's gonna get another part, and if you decide you have an idea for him later, whoops, he's on the new Glee or whatever.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"I wasn't an idiot like Ollie, Mr Blow-my-trust-fund-on-hookers-and-blow. Plus the dollar's strong in Corto." Boom, problem solved unless Felicity googles the address or whatever. :v:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Marvel's actually run by an evil idiot too it there some smart guys who are able to convince him to do things occasionally,

Yeah, Marvel's current CEO is basically a (really lame) supervillain.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Screw you, I wanna see Jason Momoa bench a whale.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I was expecting him to be in his Arsenal suit, so it was doubly surprising.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Or hell, watch Beauty & The Beast if you want to see an actual terrible actress that somehow still gets work on the CW.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Drifter posted:

I had such a huge crush on Kristin Kreuk. She actually never got better at acting.

(my biggest smallville crush was Allison Mack, the girl who played Chloe :heysexy:)

See, Kreuk is beautiful, but she is a charisma vacuum, to the point that I don't think she's capable of 'sexy'. Which makes all these attempts at making her a star-crossed forbidden lover ring utterly false.

And her lack of acting talent means she fails at anything else she's given in scripts.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I love goons. A character makes a decision that's clearly meant to be dumb, and all that gets said on is "That's dumb writing!". As a few folks stated, Laurel didn't want to arrest the guy, she wanted to make him PAY. She didn't get to vent that anger on Komodo, so she's sublimating it (much like Sara did) into payback on men that hurt women. I doubt she would even have called the cops if she had beaten him up.

Whereas Ollie would've shot him with a bola arrow, punched him in the dick and then called Lance on the Arrowphone. Which I just realised is a smartphone equivalent of the red phone in Batman '66.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Drifter posted:

An ODS doesn't get the previous CEO's office situation.

I assumed she has the applied sciences job that Lucius has in the Batman franchise. AKA VP in charge of impractical but cool superhero gadgets.

And did anyone else howl with laughter at Wildcat offering Laurel her choice of... were those boxing robes or karate gis?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
:aaa: He really WAS Wildcat. Like for real-reals, not just a boxing name.

Also, I love that a casting concern for this show must be "How does s/he look wearing a quiver?"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
One thing this episode gives to the overall series is the idea of a super-hacker using an impractical, SFX laden avatar if they need to make a public statement. I could see them use that as a stepping stone to Felicity creating her own version.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

hangedman1984 posted:

Name one major unrelated character besides Felicity he hasn't, and Felicity was close

Waller. China White. Nyssa.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bad Moon posted:

Waller yet to be disproven

"I told you you would do EVERYthing I require of you, Mr Queen." :pervert:

Also, Laurel's mom, Harbinger, Felicity's mom if she counts. Did he even sleep with that cop the Huntress shot? It's actually a fairly short list of confirmed notches on his bedpost.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kilson posted:

So excited for Ashur! I don't know much about this Captain Boomerang character, and I don't care!

All the weird poo poo most characters on this show do with bows? He does with boomerangs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, that's Dig's lady's codename in ARGUS. (And the superhero name of the character she's super-loosely based on from the comics. She once fought a dude powered by cocaine! :flashfact:)

• Locked thread