Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Scapegoat posted:

I'm going to be very interested when they do arrow vs flash. Flash should mop the floor with him so hopefully the levelling out makes sense.

There's a scene in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure where Jotaro is fighting a guy who can speed up and slow down time, and he figures out that the guy, from his own perspective, is moving at ten kilometers an hour, but from the perspective of Jotaro and his friends, he's moving at three hundred kilometers an hour. One of Jotaro's companions says "That's as fast as a bullet train!" and Jotaro says "Perfect. You can see a bullet train coming."

I'm hoping for basically that line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Arrow won't kill Malcolm because he's becoming a real superhero and superheros don't kill people.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

BrianWilly posted:

By the by, the extended preview for the next episode lends a great deal of credence to Brother Eye/OMAC virus speculation. :catstare:

Guess that explains why the tracking arrow was a ~nanotechnology~ tracking arrow. Gotta establish nanotech is also something Felicity can do.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Calling it now, in a flashback to goth college Felicity, Felicity's mom will say that she "looks like death"

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Yeah, arrows can't get all the way through eyeballs.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Phenotype posted:

I don't know if they'll ever get to the "inevitable" Justice League, because how can you really do JLA-style threats with A: a TV budget and B: no Batman or Superman. (And realistically, no Green Lantern, either, because that poo poo's expensive.)

Easily. There are plenty of problems the regular Justice League can't handle.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

STAC Goat posted:

So it will happen gradually. Fast for the real world but still plausible for the comic book show we're watching and based on the standards that have already been set for Ollie, Roy, and Thea. I mean, Ollie became a bad rear end in a year or so on the island and Merlyn became a League of Assasin super bad rear end in two years. Laurel can become a bad rear end in training in six compacted months.

There's a pretty big difference between spending your nights taking boxing lessons/getting into streetfights and literally fighting for your life while people try to kill you.

Roy's a little different because he grew up on the streets, man. So there was already a base of "streetsmarts" knew how to take and throw a punch, etc. He learned focus and patience from Oliver more than anything.

Thea's deal seems way more about how it changed her as a person, not that she's now ready to start fighting super soldiers by herself.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I watched some comic-con panel where Barrowman said that he had his own head-canon about Merlyn having Tommy when he was a teenager and that forcing him to step up and be an adult, so when he saw Tommy acting so immature into his twenties he was just constantly disappointed by him.

in the same thing Barrowman said that he Donnel knew each other before the show because they tried out for the same parts on Broadway a lot.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Drifter posted:

it's a ninja 8, though. That's like 19 to normal people.

Damian Queen

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They replaced the Atom and no one cared, then put him back and no one cared.

OMAC owned but people didn't remember him, they brought him back and no one cared.

Combining the Atom and OMAC into DC's Iron Man is hardly a terrible idea. If it works yay, if it doesn't work they can forget about it and no one will care.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Aphrodite posted:

Becomes the sweaty, back room lust baby Captain Planet never told Colossus about?

That's Captain Atom, you ignorant monster.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
There was that shot of him seeing all those OMAC drone plans, maybe the suit will be able to co-ordinate drones and satellites and stuff, and someone can say very meaningfully, "the suit is the nucleus of the whole system"

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

muscles like this? posted:

In the comic books Oliver's son is half Asian.

in the comics they decide what race Oliver's son is by having the colorist roll dice before each issue.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Lord Bude posted:

You forgot 'Roy grunts and makes a face like he's really constipated and desperately trying to squeeze out a poo poo'

Colton Haynes has said that he basically doesn't do anything more strenuous than walk across a room. In the action sequences he's his stunt double's face double. I guess he wants to do his hardest for those bits.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They didn't bring Roy because people wanted to see The Arrow fight The Flash. Getting a third person involved would've just complicated things.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Phylodox posted:

If Arrow poaches actors from Spartacus and The Flash poaches actors from Prison Break then where would The League of Shadows poach its actors from?

True Blood

Drifter posted:

Not really. There's literally no reason besides his retardedness that Ollie couldn't be dating Felicity right now. She's in just as much danger right now working with him than were she to be bangin' him.

It was good advice to Barry.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Hollismason posted:

It was incredibly lovely advice, that's the whole problem that Arrow has is he's all " My crusade" and all that bullshit about being a lone wolf who doesn't need anybody etc.. etc..

It's just gotten tiring at this point. Something needs to change drastically for the show not to be just depressing Oliver every week. Green Arrow is not Batman.

It's terrible advice for Oliver, but whatever the reason, getting Barry to stop creeping on Iris would be good for him

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bad Moon posted:

Wait if Lyla "sanitized" the Suicide Squad does that mean Bronze Tiger and Deadshot and them all are dead?

It seems like the exact membership of Task Force X is decided on a mission by mission basis

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bruceski posted:

In the dead of night Slade breaks into Star labs, sneaks past a sleeping Wells and ties the shoelaces of Barry's suit together.

That reminds me of something that's been bugging me. Where do these people sleep? Do they have cots at Star Labs like Oliver in the Arrow Cave?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Azhais posted:

Yeah, I assume that they, like Felicity, have an apartment that is rarely mentioned except when its a useful place for a kidnapping to occur

Barry: Where’s Cisco?

Wells: Oh, who knows. I don’t even know where he lives.

Joe: He doesn’t live at Star Labs?

Caitlin: I’ve always pictured him in a lighthouse…

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

TheChad posted:

In Assault on Arkham Waller was more stacked than fat. :D

She looked scary.

They call her "the wall" right? so it makes sense that she'd be square.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

TheChad posted:

I really loved how she walked right into the room full of super powered killers and dominated the room with her presence. The current Amanda Waller can't do that at all in the arrow so I really hope whoever they get for the big screen can project that kind of power.

All the other actors talk about how they have to spend a lot of time at the gym for the show, they need to get the chick who plays Waller to spend the same amount of time at IHOP.

Scyantific posted:

Extended trailer for the midseason finale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TeSI9Sof3Y

People are already doing the Batman Begins comparisons too.

The first time Oliver meets Ras is a duel to the death. This show is fun.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

zoux posted:

Someone else is coming back.
http://imgur.com/a/isgTC#btt54sE

Yes, those boots own, Laurel wins back a ton of points for owning a pair of cool boots instead of nothing but heels like all the other women in this sho-

oh, never mind.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 5, 2014

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Deadpool posted:

Yeah, I'm sure the prosecutor is going to show up in court in furry boots and not heels.

I'm just saying, I don't think Felicity has ever worn flats, and she just worked in I.T.

Caitlin always wears heels to her job(? does Wells still pay her?) watching Barry play Jenga really fast

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Of course the DJ is working for the League of Assassins, if he isn't then the scenes he was in are the most aggressively pointless scenes in the history of television.

As to whether or not they would include the Lazarus pit in Arrow, he's teamed up with the Flash. In this relatively grounded show, there was a guy who could run at the speed of sound. They can't unring that bell, and it would be stupid to try. The Lazarus pit is totally a possibility.

Ras killing Oliver, Oliver coming back and having to step up his game to a whole new level would be perfect. Afterwards he can take on the metahumans that are gonna crop up, but it happened on the Arrow's (the tv show's) terms, and isn't just a reaction to the existence of The Flash (the tv show)

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Habibi posted:

Boxing glove boomerang.

e: and let's not forget the short-lived boomerang arrow experiment.

Short-lived? Boomerang Arrow is a winner.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Maybe it was just a place holder effect that got shown by accident.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

OptimusWang posted:

:wtc: How long can you be dead and a Lazarus pit still do its thing?

It's not like they had a webcam on the grave, he could've gotten her right after they buried her.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

e X posted:

Can't use those either.

Fine. Sara was a Dire Wraith

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I really liked that the weapons he chose were two short swords. Nice reminder of who first trained him

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Does that mean we're gonna see Roy get serviced?!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I think that's the most exciting possibility out there, and I loved it when Angel did that with Wolfram & Hart, although it didn't work as well when Daredevil took over The Hand in the comics.

Gather round, one and all, and see the least useful spoiler tags known to man!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Narcissus1916 posted:

One of the things I like about Arrow is its willingness to alter and screw with established character and themes if it suits them. And sure, that occasionally means that the DC Universe's best female hand-to-hand fighter is shown to have trouble taking down more than one mook at a time.

Cassandra Cain hasn't even appeared in this show :confused:

edit: or is it back to Lady Shiva in the nu52? Because she hasn't been in Arrow either.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Timett posted:

So she didn't shoot him? Pointless commercial break cliffhanger.

Off topic: can anybody tell me anything about iZombie? As a Veronica Mars fan I'm intrigued but I'm also a fan of not wasting my time and the advertisements don't make it look very good.

The comic was good, but it looks like they've changed it a lot, to the extent of removing the ghost girl and were-terrier characters, so who knows about the show.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
There was one part of the flashback that I thought worked really well; Olliver goes home and the only thing he can do to try to help his family is murder a dude, and it doesn't actually help at all. It contrasted with Olliver talking Thea into not killing Slade.

It does make me wonder how season 5 is gonna work. In the present time line, the Green Arrow will be a public, non-killing superhero, a founding member of the Justice Society, and working to stop Intergang from taking over Star City with their mysterious mind control technology they got from a weird little guy in a robe. And in the flashbacks, he'll be proving his loyalty to the Russian mob by pulling out dude's fingernails.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Codependent Poster posted:

The flashbacks should be done with. The cast is big enough you don't need them now. And did we really need a scene of Tommy asking Laurel out? It's not a big revelation, it didn't impact the present day at all, and it's something everyone knew. It was pointless.

It had a ton of impact! I was all like, "oh yeah, those two were together! Wait, were they? I don't remember that, but I guess they must've been. Wait, did Tommy originally own Verdant? Am I making that up? I don't really remember, and it doesn't matter, because now there's a guy who can run so fast he goes back in time and the Atom is going to start fighting crime tomorrow while the Green Arrow prepares for a second shirtless battle with Ras Al Ghul, so a lot of that first season stuff doesn't seem super important"

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Scyantific posted:

Amell posted to his facebook that he just got offered a job in a "super cool movie." Didn't take long for people to start speculating that said movie is a DC film.

Super cool, super cool. Super. Cool.

Stephen Amell is going to be in the Iceman movie.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
We've been over that they weren't allowed to use Ted Kord a million times, I just don't understand why they went with Ray Palmer instead. If you're completely chaging his powers to fit the backstory you already have, why not take someone who's closer to having the right powers, and change their backstory?

Like, for example, Christopher Smith. "No Felicity, you don't understand. I founded Pax Corporation to do more than just make money. I want to help this city. I want to bring peace to the streets of Starling City. I want to be.... a Peacemaker."

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Xelkelvos posted:

There's not that many male scientists in the DCU that are also Superheroes. The closest I can think of off the top of my head is Will Magnus (not really a superhero) and Niles Caulder (not really all that heroic)

Edit: There are two black ones, but they probably couldn't be used without recasting.

Arrow's Ray Palmer doesn't seem much like a scientist either, he's an engineer.

Also, goddamn now I wish they had gone with Micheal Holt instead of Ray Palmer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Aphrodite posted:

Wristband looks a bit overbuilt just for CGI.

They're also putting out a lot of light. Unless he's going all Dr. Manhattan, I don't think they'd use lights like that for CGI.

Maybe it's like, in-show computer reference points. Like, Ray's scanning Oliver's fighting style so he can, I dunno download it into the ATOM suit or something.

• Locked thread