Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Sober posted:

Pretty sure most moms would let Manu Benett bang them, just saying

And honestly, who could blame them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

hcreight posted:

Yeah but neither is an MIT grad taking a low wage retail job unless they're really strapped for cash. I was just making the point that the tie-in comics are only canon until it's inconvenient for them to be. it

Hey its a recession man, you take a job where you can get one.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Laurel is ready.

drat grrl, you got a permit for dem guns?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Stayne Falls posted:

I think that if you're frustrated and disappointed that a character died on a TV show then the writers are doing their job well.

Not if the reason you are frustrated and disappointed is that the death was poorly written

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Stayne Falls posted:

Just because it's a shocking sucker punch death doesn't mean it was poorly written. I think the only reason y'all are saying that is because there was 0 resolution afterward. We should probably reserve judgment till the next episode at least.

My fault, never meant to imply this death was poorly written, just that there are reason to be upset at a TV death that don't mean the writers did a great job

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

As ridiculous and implausible as it is, how hysterical would it be if she was just seriously injured and the promo was a fakeout? This whole argument would have been a total waste.

The gravestone shown on the promo could have been from when she was "dead" after being lost at sea

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Maybe that's just her genes though, I don't know.

Maybe they're skinny genes.....

:downsrim:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

coyo7e posted:

Also, was "The Count" the singer from some pop band or something? He strikes me as someone who could be a singer from Vampire Weekend or similar, in full show costume.

He was Lincoln Lee from Fringe: http://fringe.wikia.com/wiki/Lincoln_Lee

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

There's no episode tonight right?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Drifter posted:

He and Slade will high five each other, give the spartan forearm handshake and then proceed to take over a country make out passionately.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Eddain posted:

Will Oliver Queen bang Cupid?

Name one major unrelated character besides Felicity he hasn't, and Felicity was close

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Gilok posted:

I was at NC Comiccon this weekend and Barrowman was there. Someone asked him how he felt about being cast as the father of someone so close to his own age, and his was response was basically "I know something you don't, keep watching."

I'm guessing he's been in a Lazarus pit more than once maybe?

Confirmed, Merlyn is actually Jack Harkness

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Daric posted:

So not only is Amell in my city for thanksgiving, he's a couple blocks from me. If only I could have run into him.

sounds like its about stalk o'clock

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Habibi posted:

You're a member of the US Army?

No, thats all he can be. He could be more, he just doesn't want to.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

This would never happen. Thea is too short to reach the pull up bar.

drat you people, now I'm picturing Thea doing the salmon ladder while Felicity looks on longingly. Its me! I'm the tumblr!!

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Does that mean we're gonna see Roy get serviced?!

By Merlyn :heysexy:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

WarLocke posted:

Seriously, though, I never read those books (I remember I brought the first one to school once and the teacher took it aay and never gave it back :argh:), are they worth reading?

Why did your teacher take away your book?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

ookiimarukochan posted:

You're going the wrong route - think bodily fluids. He could be Mayor Semen (IT'S TOTALLY A RUSSIAN NAME GUYS)

His ancestors were sailors, clearly

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

Or the sound engineers on the show just threw some random dance tracks in the show and I am thinking way too much over a dumb thing.

probably this

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Shooting a nerf bow and arrow at bullies in preschool.

"You have failed this sandbox"

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

Just shoot bad guys with a gun for fock's sake.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Oracle posted:

Except the actor has the physicality to back it up. Laurel's actress doesn't. She was swinging that staff like a baseball bat, it looked painfully stupid and awkward and unwieldy. And why would you even use a staff if you've been training in boxing? Nothing about what she did made any sense.

But then there was a lot of cringe-worthy stuff in this episode, from the blatant law-breaking by Laurel setting up the mook to be killed in prison if he didn't talk to the 'one of the aldermen has a pacemaker that has to be recharged(?!)' I mean I'm nothing like a cardiologist but seriously? Also Felicity's sudden nano-quantum-electrical microchip engineering skills. Why is she working as a personal assistant again? Maybe one of those howlers an episode I'd be able to overlook but one right after another, sheesh.

She could have been bluffing. Its not like this show has a history of being completely incompetent when it comes to understanding how the legal system works

...oh...wait

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Maybe the Mysterious Tea will end up linked to the alpha/omega stuff in the Hong Kong flash backs

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Because everything about AoS is was loving horrible.

Last couple episodes of season 1 and pretty much all of season 2 so far have actually been really really good

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

:cry: omg the feels :cry:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

WarLocke posted:

Willa Holland was chewing more scenery than Barrowman last episode. :allears:

Like father like daughter?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

I still don't actually dislike Felicity and am rooting for her to be great again.

I feel the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Whizbang posted:

It must suck being another Amell though. Imagine being at a family reunion next to Stephen and Robbie when you're Dave Amell, chubby junior accountant.

Pfft, we all know the Amells are a race of genetically modified clones kept in the basement of the CW studio. They pull out another one when the need a leading man for a new show.

• Locked thread