Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

hcreight posted:

It's supposed to be canon to the show but I'm sure they ignore stuff from it at their discretion. For example in one of the comics between S1 and S2 Oliver says that he transferred a million bucks each into Felicity and Diggles' bank accounts before he took off for the island and yet in one of the S3 premiere previews Felicity is working at a Radioshack lookalike.

They blew it all on nightly runs to Big Belly Burgers. That poo poo gets expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
No one remembers Sin? Clearly she's the killer - classic jealous rage; Sara never came around anymore.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

DFu4ever posted:

Honestly, I'm so tired of this term. It's watered down to the point of uselessness. Every time a female character dies in a show with a male main character, they've now been fridged. Why doesn't this apply to male characters that die solely to motivate or move the main male character's story forward?

Some characters exist to die. That term is overused and misused way too much, and it honestly should be unisex.

"Fridged" and "problematic" are both worthless terms and I can't believe they're in the Arrow thread. We haven't seen literally any of the fallout over Sara's death - maybe wait and see what she died for before determining it was purely "sexist character motivation?" Introducing a villain by taking out one of the strongest characters on the show is pretty intense. Sara stood toe to toe with everyone we've seen thus far; this wasn't some helpless-love-interest death.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
There's no way Arsenal's really the killer... that had to have been a Mirakuru-side-effect-nightmare. He keeps saying he's having trouble sleeping; he's probably suffering from night terrors.

That has to be it. :mad:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Boogaleeboo posted:

We've met a few people that are roughly on Ollie's level as far as fighting goes, even with a bow, and like half were trained by the league and all of them are massively inferior to Ra's in a fight. Dude is going to have to do a lot more than get emotional and double down on violence to beat Ra's, his best effort didn't even make Ra's try.

Outside of Batman Begins, how often does Ra's really "lose?" Bats seems to usually just get away or foil a plot, not take down the demon's head himself.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

bobkatt013 posted:

Does this mean we get this in live action

Is that the Red Lantern cat? Diggle's nemesis confirmed?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Timett posted:

I found this on the Reddit but it's probably the coolest thing you'll see all day. Real life Arrow poo poo.

Lars Andersen: a new level of archery: http://youtu.be/BEG-ly9tQGk

This guy got torn apart in a blog post: http://geekdad.com/2015/01/danish-archer/

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

SavTargaryen posted:

Huh. Weeks? So he was actually down a while.

Pre-Christmas, right? And now it's February? Show's in mostly-sorta-real-time.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
The flashback parts of this episode sucked out loud. Ollie's hiding just around the corner at pivotal moments for all of the main cast? And they just so happen to think out loud so he can hear it? It's not even useful reveals: Felicity's was just ridiculously unnecessary. "I pulled my hood down." "That would never disguise you, even if you smeared grease paint on your face" would've been funny if the episode wasn't so self referential already.

I wish Digger could've at least had a line - guess he and Slade have not gotten to know each other after all.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

TyrantWD posted:

It felt like the Arrow team let the Gotham writers take charge of this episode.

That's the perfect way to describe it. Every other line came with an elbow-nudge "Eh? Eh?!" to the audience. Yuck.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Do you know which episode that was? Because I've never watched Young Justice, but I'll watch the poo poo out of a Ted Kord episode.

The entire second season.

Blue/Black/Green Beetles are all key players in the season's overarching plot.

edit: Oh, an episode with Kord. :saddowns: There were no episodes with Kord speaking. He's in a flashback, and seen in a photograph, that's it.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
They're internally calling the next villain "Damian Dark" and thus the internet has decided Ollie will be fighting a tween next season. Also someone's dying. My money's on Black Driver. :(

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/04/damian-wayne-rumored-for-arrow-villain/

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

BrianWilly posted:

According to the TVline source, it's probably this guy.

All those resources and connections and he's just shot to death by a caveman? Sweet.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

just wait until the sons of anarchy guy replaces Amell in the Green Arrow movie... :argh:

Oh my god, that is exactly who they would cast, isn't it? :(

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

kingcom posted:

So whats up with that firestorm, atom, dead canary thing anyway. Is it still pure rumour or is there something more to it?

It's real, we just don't know what it is. Mini-series in an alternate universe/timeline? Spinoff with standalone episodes centered on various side characters?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Green Arrow (among others) is getting a costume redesign in the comics soon... but Green Lantern's looking more like TV Arrow than anything.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Aphrodite posted:

They probably should have found another guest for this episode. A Suicide Squad with only 2 villain members is weird.

I expected Digger to join up the next time they put the squad together. Wonder if that actor's not really gonna be returning? :(

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

boom boom boom posted:

no dig no sale

:dance:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Scyantific posted:

:tviv::flashfap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFk7uixvN9s

Looks like Roy isn't gonna make it though :( no more unnecessary parkour :smith:

Just because he has to fight some dudes in prison? I think Roy will be fine.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
So now we know why Ollie's in the League outfit in the on-set photos, right? The cops have the Arrow outfit, and the Arrow is "officially" dead with Roy's ruse. Rebranding to Green Arrow for next season a-go?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Valeyard posted:

I thought it was her for sure but I think it's Laurel

If that's Laurel she's wearing Sara's costume...

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Considering Ollie has to accept the offer to even get Thea in a pit in order to "survive," and using a pit hardly sounds like surviving the stabbin', I'd think not.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The spinoff has a new cast member

No idea who's supposed to be though.

Static-Cyborg, a horrible TV-only mashup?

This show sounds nuts. I can't wait.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Bo was already a TV super hero, though...

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Supergirl got picked up for a full season.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm46-envrHo

Man, I really wish this was in the Flash/Arrow/Legends universe. :( Looks fun!

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

MacheteZombie posted:

Unless it's been ruled out recently, it could be.

I'd say its doubtful since it'd have to be cross network, but one of the producers mentioned in an interview back in November that there could be a crossover.

Edit: CW is a sister station of CBS in a joint venture with Time Warner, so maybe it will happen?

I really doubt it. They'd play that up if it were at all planned right now, considering the clout of Arrow/Flash right now. With Supes himself I don't see them merging universes - he's too big a deal to have never been mentioned on Arrow/Flash.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Rocksicles posted:

Colton Hayes is gone from the show.... wtf. He better be in the other show.

He's not.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
With the Arrow costume in evidence lockers and the League costume having been in use for a few episodes now, I thought sure we'd see a costume change/upgrade for next season. Looks like he's back in the old getup for the Legends team pep talk, though.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Has there ever been an arc of any sort where Batman gets tired of dealing with Joker so he just tells Waller to send ARGUS after him all the time, and in doing so Joker stops acting out because he only ever does stuff to get arrested by Batman and that doesn't happen anymore?

It's even easier than that. When Batman retires the Joker does too; he just sorta shuts down.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Arrow filming was pushed back because of TMNT2, I believe. Flash likely already started and thus had some assets for the promo reel. Flash also has more special effects and likely needs a longer time between filming and airing.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

bango skank posted:

Has Amell made an appearance on WWE yet?

Yup.

I only know this because of Amell's facebookin'. I haven't watched wrestling since I was in the single digits.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Colton Haynes thought he could make it in movies. But his first movie was San Andreas, so... unless he's too prideful, or left on bad terms, we might see him right back on Arrow.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Gaz-L posted:

His costume's still on the show, though.

Thea has a new one this season.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Robbie Amell got on X-Files... is he no longer The Bad Amell?!

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Think Ollie is actually getting a Merc SLS? :aaa:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
New trailer posted on Amell's facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I don't think anyone is suggesting he be Mr. Terrific, considering that's Mr. Terrific running around with Felicity in the trailer.

• Locked thread