Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
fire emblem awakening is really really bad

<---- me whenever I see someone say they really like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

01011001 posted:

6 has its charms and some maps i really like but its hard to argue 7 isnt a better thought out game in most respects and it compares most unfavorably if you play it directly after 7, which is when most americans play it for the obvious reason

I'm doing exactly this and so far I think 6 is better, even if hector the thousand man slayer dies like a bitch 10 minutes into the game rip in peace that shining diamond of a man

maybe it's just because there's no bullshit tutorial for the first 10 chapters but 6 feels like it doesn't gently caress around without relying on just giving everyone hilariously godlike stats. Because I can't fall back on hector/lyn to mop everyone up (because it turns out roy is kind of a pussy outside of smash bros) I feel like I need to actually tactics my way to victory way more then I did in seven.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

also having the kid you spend a bunch of missions rescuing who is really sympathetic suddenly turn into hitler and kill hector is the first time I gave a poo poo about the story in a fire emblem game

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

if they release good fire emblem games for like 5 bux or whatever they charge for gba games on the nintendo funstore then nintendo won't be able to sell as many 40 dollars + DLC copies of fire emblem awakening

do you wanna bankrupt nintendo you assholes??

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

in 7 if you don't go to a random house in a side quest you don't get canas, the only person in the whole game who can use dark magic

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

why would I use an archer and risk getting counter attacked and killed when I could just throw a loving hand axe at them and kill them

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

limited supports is cooler because you need to make tactical decisions on who you pair up with who (including "do I bring this guy who isn't as good as this other guy because he can be bros with this other unit I want to do even better?")

sure you don't get as much tasty anime dialogue but that's what replaying the game/going on the internet and reading that poo poo are for

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Handaxe, at D rank has 3 attack power, 70 hit, 25 uses and does normal damage to fliers.

The Iron Bow, at D rank has 6 power, 85 hit, 45 uses and does triple damage to fliers.

yeah but all axe units are swole and all bow units are wimps, so the damage balances out

also you can use hand axe man to fight other units besides fliers, and save the spot you would've spent on bowman for literally anyone else who is actually useful outside of countering one type of unit if you have the right spacing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

imo fire emblem awakening 2 should just be a box of various anime figures that the player can press up against eachother to make them kiss and play house

it would save the programmers at intelligent systems a lot of work and probably sell just as well

• Locked thread