Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm early 12th c., my first successful Restore the Roman Empire game in CK2. when are the turks supposed to show up? they should've arrived some time in the 10th or 11th, but nothing happened. The Abbasids are still really strong and currently whooping it up in north-central India, does that stop the turkish migrations somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You don;t get to be proud of restoring Rome if you start the game when they're a big blob. Fail.

i'm savescumming too deal w/ it. trash gaming

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Did the seljuk event trigger?

no, and I've seen the event before. could it still trigger later on? a bunch of compound migrations to round out the mongol era would be cool

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
there better be some way to form the roman empire

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
a yorkshire terrier hacking up the bile of germany's final province and Hungary's western rump onto the flowing blue carpet of Scandinavia

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
The western expansion to the After the End mod is real fun + looks real pretty with the Horse Lords update. I played a few generations as the kingdom of Baja in the celestial empire of California and it's been a blast defending Californiadom against the inroads of the savage Consumerist holy warriors who overran Socal and Deseret.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are there other apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic CK2 or EU4 mods? I've seen screenshots of a zombie mod for Victoria 2, but nothing comparable for the Paradox games I actually play.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
what are gustavus adolphus's stats in EUIV?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
naturally

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
sounds like a good game for murdering lovely priests and samurai with musket-wielding dirt farmer conscripts, is this so?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

KoldPT posted:

Spent all day trying to get a Ceylon game off the ground and failing... gently caress this game i'm going to go play baby games like dota instead

what year did you start? I had a pretty easy time of making Greater Sri Lanka a reality, though that was a few expansions ago.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
then destroy them

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Merchant prince of Miami is a cool way to be

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
that's a good fuckin idea that will have to wait until i get bored with the new version of Elder Kings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

MindSet posted:

is elder kings fun

i like it a lot. the magic system is cool, and not nearly as overpowered as previous versions. the mechanics for different races (elves live for centuries unless killed by violence or disease but both parents lose fertility with each kid, for instance) add a lot of new twists to dynastic politics. i've been playing an argonian dynasty that recently rose from count level to duke level, and transformed my primitive lizard tribe into a merchant republic. plus the Akhenaten Flu has just thrown most of the major powers surrounding Black Marsh into chaos while leaving us Argonians alone. good time to be lizard people