Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

Urgh, it's pretty annoying for me - I don't mind about the patch so much, but the moment my shoddy government let Paradox release CK3 here, work picks up. I've been working all day until around midnight a lot, the last few weeks. I think I've played like, 3-4hrs of CK3. :( How is it, you guys? It looked good from my limited experience with a week or so ago, but obviously I haven't even scratched the surface.

It's quite fun. I haven't played since the first 2weeks, but I put 40 hours in until the bugs and balance issues made it impossible for me to play anymore. I wanna enjoy it without thinking about how much I want things patched so if you can get past all that you will have a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Time to reinstall.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Women dont pass down inherited claims anymore which absolutely sucks if you like to press those claims to expand (ie what CK2 was all about). I dont know how any of the devs/testers could have missed that, but I guess this game is just wacky sister-loving genius breeding sim now *sighs loudly and waits for the next patch*

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

gently caress the Wiz, gently caress Johan, and gently caress you Groogy.

This.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/ck3-dev-diary-48-the-team.1456752/

New dev diary, finally! This jokerfied me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

this doesnt look like a mapgame at all

This. Mods?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pmfao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I hate how paradox barely tests anything before releasing it now. Never buy any of their crap new anymore.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

Wow, what a trainwreck! This is both hilarious and kinda depressing - I hope Paradox (eventually) get their act together, again.
I kinda doubt it at this point, though. I think the days of 'The Old Gods'-tier DLC are long since over :(

The Norse flavour pack for ck3 that came out is actually decent but it launched with a bug where Viking raiders of any leader who was a vassal couldn’t be attacked making the game literally unplayable anywhere near raiding cultures. If anyone at paradox played the game for five minutes I have no idea how they missed it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Can’t wait for Wiz the Massive Fuckwit to take a big poo poo on another beloved franchise.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

please don't post about good games, or actual videogames for that matter, in the broken microsoft excel spreadsheet with a confusing ui megathread

Get out of here you son of a bitch.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

sort of feel like we don't need the sticky anymore. someone posted a map games thread so it doesn't seem to work anyway, lol.

They guy who goldmined the Turdiak thread prematurely should stop 'feeling' things about the forums. Farking noob. I'm not mad.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I wanna play eu 4 again but haven’t launched it in 5 years. Still own almost all the dlc though...like a boss.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear posted:

Has anyone played EU4 since Leviathan?

I haven’t played since res publica tbh. I heard art of war was good but I just kind of lost the itch to play because the expansions and patches were crap until then. Still own most of the dlc though. Just in case.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The crappy broken patches turned me off ck3 too. I understand that some bugs just are hard to find but that first flavour pack had a bug that made most raiding armies non hostile in a dlc about raiding. Like they didn’t even play one game in the office.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’ve been playing insane amounts of ck3 again. I basically stopped because Northern Lords was so goddamn buggy on release (can’t attack raiders who are vassals rofl)

I think the best thing about the huge delay between dlc releases has been that the game is actually patched and stable for longer. I already have the ex pass so I’ll get royal court on release but after that I’m gonna wait every time.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

It was the best game in the world after art of War and then they ruined it

This.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I hate to be That Guy, but the Paradox DLC model blows chunks. It is literally impossible to play a dLC on release without there being some huge, often game breaking bug that fucks with your poo poo waaay too much. There is maybe a short window 2 months after a dLC where you can play it relatively bug free before a new DLC comes out and fucks the rear end of the game all over again. even if you remember that the broken DLC that came out a few months ago might be patched, you can never ever get on the hype train with your map gamining bros ever again.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hey, you're finally awake.

That fall looked really bad. Tired of playtesting Paradox's poo poo? $30 expansions that suck rear end? Let's go post in the stickied Map Gaming Thread. There was a new EUIV dev diary and Ragg sniped the page with a Mind if I Roll Weed video.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

At least all the dlc only costs 5 bucks now instead of 3000 dollars.

Royal court was 30 dollars if you didn’t have the special edition. Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fungah! posted:

a mirror?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BBJoey posted:

Le epic glitterhoof

This, but unironically, and said out loud at my computer.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I know right 4X crap in the map game thread. Absolutely hosed up poo poo.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

lol. this. he's doing several hosed up things:

1. playing a game not a broken version of excel with a bad ui.
2. the game he's playing can be had for like 5 dollars instead of paying an initial 60 dollars for the paradox branded version of excel plus an additional 40 dollar tax to johann per month for dlc.
3. not redpilling himself into becoming a serbian nationalist by playing byantium spreadsheet starts

I would wager he never even jokerfied himself by saying "the Wiz is an N Word!" for several years whilst unemployed.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Average Bear posted:

Until map gaming is restored to it's former glory, Civ 4 posts should be allowed. However, Civ 5 and 6 will be met with lethal force.

I don’t really care if people post about civ, but I still miss the days when 1000 35 year old epic fat map gamer purists would tear a dumbass noob to pieces for trying to talk about civ itt.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mycophobia posted:

it has a map in it. it's a map game

Yeah not getting into this with a guy who has a zillion negative post count. Get real.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/crusaderkings/status/1559163886691131392?s=21&t=myqKTx7trsgCY_oKhZjP1g

Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

I'm going to spend 400 dollars vicky3, never launch it and complain loudly about how much it sucks.

Welcome.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Yup. All of it. I would recommend purchasing about $2000 - $3000 worth of DLC. It's all worth it.

This, but my face is exactly like the bearded aryan wojack.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

How’s Vicky 3? Really don’t wanna get another paradox game on release but I’m loving diseased.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

They destroyed map gaming several years ago when I got a job and couldn’t spend literally thousands of hours playing each title, I’m afraid.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That east vs west game they were planning like 10 years ago had me hoipe.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Spending entire days in my underwear without showering, playing ck2 and eu4 for 12 hours daily, unemployed, missing thesis deadlines, contributing to LPs, the only thing keeping my severely bloodshot eyes open is East vs West, the official Paradox Cold War simulator. Martin Anword hadn’t gotten his filthy fuckwit fingers all over anything yet. That was the happiest I’d ever been.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I stopped playing eu4 right before estates were introduced and I still have 600 hours in it. Crazy how much I played that game in only like a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

John Charity Spring posted:

they're okay as a mechanic they just don't add much of value and they're yet another thing to keep track of. a lot of the DLC adds mechanics like that and it all piles up and becomes boring to deal with

Nail on the head.