Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Man oh man I can't wait for the brutal as gently caress (manga) shotgun extermination :black101:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I really wonder how some of the plot elements will coincide with the modern tech.
Edit: RIP tablet

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I like it when Migi says water is cold

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Migi is like a combination of meth and roids.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Well considering they've merged a bit more closely after getting stabbed, it isn't out of the line if their minds change a little as well.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
One of the main themes of the story is the concept of tabula rasa.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Migi is a bit of a dick though :downsrim:

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
They do show most of the characters in the opening

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Phobophilia posted:

So it's basically The Thing.

I still can't help but wonder if Parasytes can come up with a countermeasure. They can send command signals before they detach something, so if they command their hair to stay still before they pull it out, they might be able to get away with it.

Well plucking out someone's hair doesn't really mean much if you lose a limb in the process.

Mo_Steel posted:

They should just make people stick their head under cold water. If they stoically complain it is cold, open fire. :cthulhu:
Start a fundraiser for some rare nerve disorder.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

dogsicle posted:

toxic art supplies
Parasites are really bad at dealing with systemic injury since they're more of an amorphous blob of cells than a single individual

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Parasytes still have human bodies and can't necessarily dodge bullets.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
He's impulsively logical to the point it's scary.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

ViggyNash posted:

Looks like Shinichi is slowly losing his sanity. Though he believes in the same ideals as before, his entire personality and temperment have changed, and he's embraced that fact by acknowledging his own inhumanity. Now he's slowly digging himself deeper and deeper into a hole he can't climb out of, the the realization of that is driving his sanity farther over the edge.

I like that he seems to potentially be building up his own posse, starting with chinface and maybe the PI.

Not really. He's just tired and starting to care less about everything.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Overlord K posted:

What a crazy episode. So many things happened!! Yet the thing I'm most happy about is dad getting the hell outta dodge. It would be so depressing if Shinichi lost his dad too. :(

This anime is actually pretty happy, all things considered.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
The next episode will be great.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Now you guys understand Reiko's two transformation sequences in the opening.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Phobophilia posted:

Perhaps the cops know and they're withholding that knowledge because they think Shinichi's trustworthy?
The only parasytes people have seen are the ones with freaky heads, and since Shinichi passed the hair test, he's a grade-A 100% human in their eyes.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Gotou reminded me of a pillar man in that episode

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Oh yeah this part. It's really cool.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Captain Planet was wrong

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

There Bias Two posted:

Man that was heavy-handed. It was getting so philosophical that it was breaking characterization.

Yeah that bit where the duo were having a moral crisis over killing Gotou was a bit :psyduck:

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

AnacondaHL posted:

Sick episode. One question: how did mini-Migi/Gotou-migi generate that electricity?

Hamon

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Shinichi retires as a world-class athlete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

What happened to the Jaw guy anyway?
Jaw starts going senile in the manga.

• Locked thread