Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

Wooper posted:

Sadly, there are no such deal available over here :sweden: The 650W version is not even in stores at all.

I want to hear recommendations so I can shop around for my own deal.

I'm in the EU and using this : http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/seasonic-760-platinum-psu,3999.html

It was fairly pricey at 150 euros (we get screwed as usual), but for my purposes, well worth it.

The hybrid mode is silent. I can't hear it loaded up either; although I wouldn't hear it over the rest of the fans (they're quiet, with a controller, but I'm talking when really pushed).

That said, I don't exceed 600w at the wall yet - so that'd be why.

E: Christ it's gone up thirty euros in price for some reason. For bonus comedy, my PC to build new is now apparently 450 euros more expensive than when I bought it. Yay economics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Probably a super unpopular opinion but on the cusp of the next generation I would be far more inclined to take a punt and scoop up a 290 or 290x (going for £200 and £250 respectively) on Ebay UK. They - so far, don't kill me people who care enough about one manufacturer or another - seem to be faring better in DX12 land, so ought to have a little more in the way of staying power until things shift around and you can pick up 980TI performance for 970 prices. Well 980 prices. Or something.

E: A custom Tri-X or Windforce or something - not for the love of god a stock one.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

Nonviolent J posted:

we built this city

we built this city on sand and piss

Sand: 48 lb. Leveling Sand ($3.44 / each @ Home Depot)
Piss: Pocket Sized Bottle ($38.94 @ Drurine)
Total: $42.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-14 16:13 CET+0100

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

Whitest Russian posted:

You could always contact Microsoft and see if they'll be nice enough to allow you to switch motherboards first. They might do it if its a recent version of Windows.

This. Phone them up on their UK number and you'll get it reactivated. Have done this quite a few times.

E: Should still be 0800 0188354

Salt n Reba McEntire fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Apr 29, 2016

• Locked thread