Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Slightly Toasted posted:

Aw did Tania Raymonde not get cast?

I'm equally as bummed about this as I am pumped about Alexander Siddig though although I'm not sure that that evens out

I think Keisha Castle-Hughes is the one she lost out to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I think it's possible that Euron might absorb some of Victarion's role in the plot and get introduced at the start of Season 6. But I think Aegon's chopped.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

webmeister posted:

If season 5 does end with Dany flying off and finishing her ADWD plot, I wouldn't be surprised if the Ironborn fleet just appears from nowhere outside Meereen when she returns early in season 6. My guess is that plot-wise, the main reason Victarion arrives in Meereen is to provide ships to get Dany back to Westeros, and if that's actually the case then we don't need two season's worth of politics and exposition to get there. It'll really only take 1-2 scenes of "this is who we are (Theon's uncles), this is where we're going (Meereen) and why (to kidnap/marry the dragon queen and steal her dragons)" to fully establish them.

If they do this, I do think it'll more likely be Euron, and Victarion will be cut. Then they'll just need to explain that he's exiled and he reaves over here in Essos. Then he can steal one or two of the dragons (if that's what happens) and then go kill Balon.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If they don't introduce Wyman this season, then I'm sure he's cut. I'm sure they're gonna get to the gathering at Winterfell (wedding or no) this season and I don't think he'd be introduced after that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think they just wanted Bran to tell a creepy story to set the mood of the scene, and they thought rat king was the creepiest.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I still don't get why Balon isn't dead yet, especially since they made a whole scene of 3 dickleeches.

They probably don't want to kill him until they're ready to introduce his alleged killer. (Unless he's cut)

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I thought I read that it's just Hodor that has the year off. So if so, he (and presumably Meera) will be off in another part of the cave during Bran's scenes.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

webmeister posted:

Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but Tyrion & Jaime didn't part on particularly good terms in show did they?

They parted with a big loving hug.

Show-Tyrion loves Show-Jaime, that's just how it's gonna be. But nevertheless, his circumstances are still gonna take him towards Dany.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 20, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I was almost 100% sure that Tyrion and Dany were gonna be interacting in the pit while Drogon was having his fun, but I wasn't expecting this Tyrion on the the dais stuff. I'm curious.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't think Tyrion's ever going to be with Yezzan. I think Daario is going to buy Tyrion out of curiosity, Tyrion will explain who he really is, then Daario will introduce him to Dany.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 21, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Pedro De Heredia posted:

I would be surprised if Daenerys both meets Tyrion this season AND flies away in a dragon.

But they're obviously filming Daznak now. They're doing this part, but not its climax? That seems very unlikely to me.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Still think Grey Worm's getting Harpy'd. Doesn't sound like there's any sightings of him during the Daznak filming.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

webmeister posted:

Interesting news about the Greyjoys - given that their main purpose seems to be conveniently providing a massive fleet for Dany to invade Westeros with, I wonder how that gap will be filled?
They pretty much already filled that. Daario mentioned the Second Sons capturing a fleet when they were war councilling after taking Meereen.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I really don't think Victarion has a chance of happening. Maybe Euron next season somehow, maybe.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Odoyle posted:

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2014/10/2/acting-aboard-an-armada

So maybe we are getting Tyrion's boat ride down the river after all.

I think I read on Watchers that the river boat part is being turned into a Tyrion/Jorah scene, so if this has reinvigorated your hope about seeing Aegon and Connington, you might want to kill that hope.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

two major characters

In the show: one minor named character and a character whose existence almost no one remembers.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

That's not the bloke playing Areo Hotah.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Though thus far, I don't think we've heard of Trystane's actor filming any scenes with the Meereen cast. Personally, I think don't think anyone is going to replace Quentyn and they'll bang out another way to release the dragons.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Oh course its fake, as if Dany's gonna go to Westeros next book.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Yestermoment posted:

It could still be an unhappy ending if and when she gets there! She crashes her dragon into the wall, killing Jon and Stannis, leaving Moonboy as the one true king.

Maester 1: "So who's next in line now?"
Maester 2: "Probably Moon Boy for all I know!"
*Moon Boy's crowned*

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Still upset there weren't any spiders in that shot of the Land of Always Winter in Season 4.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It's fake, if he deleted a tweet, the count would go down. And I'm sure Watchers On The Wall would know about the filming and have a post about it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Jaime would have no problem with ancestors coming on to him.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Bear and the Maiden Fair? BEAR AND THE MAIDEN FAIR??

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I doubt that they're condensing all of Book 6 into Season 5, I don't think we've heard of a scene being filmed that wasn't somewhat recognizable as being based on Feast or Dance (except a little Mercy-based stuff).

Lycus fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 26, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I'm thinking they'll have Craster's wives be at Hardhome.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Frostwerks posted:

Is this book GoT, cuz I don't remember this from the show?

It's the impending battle in the Winterfell storyline in the books.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

This three eyed raven ad promotion is pretty terrible. Just work on the trailer, HBO.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Mortabis posted:

I half expected the skeletons to be adds in a boss fight with a white walker.

I was 90% sure there was going to be White Walker there overseeing everything, and Meera was going to shoot him with one of those obsidian arrows. I figured that that was the reason why they emphasized Sam giving her the arrowheads.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

DeepQantas posted:

Hold on... Won't Jon Show just tell Stannis to go find Bran if he needs a Lord of Winterfell?

They might just not do the Lord of Winterfell offer in the show.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that sending Rickon to Last Hearth was their quick and easy way of cutting that plot. Assuming that Wyman is cut, Davos is probably just gonna hang around Stannis all season.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

We all know very well that the central mystery is: will Book 7 be published?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

There's also the story of GRRM telling Alfie Allen who Jon's real parents were in return for meeting his sister or something, and he said "it involves a bit of a Luke Skywalker situation". (Ned is Obi-Wan in that analogy, I guess?)

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

lifts cats over head posted:

HBO is running promos previewing next year's program line up and it includes some very brief clips of next season.

Around the 1:38 mark.
http://youtu.be/EeoTrEKBC_k

I can see someone watching that and being 100% sure that Tyrion is going to the Wall.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Dec 22, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Well, except for the part of having no actual control over the dragons.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The toys are spoiling the show that's the spoiling the books!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

You'd think that there never being one speck of news about Victarion or Euron being cast would be more than enough to give that up.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think there's a slim possibility they might find a way to introduce Euron in season 6, but there's absolutely no way you're ever gonna see Victarion in the show. Give that up.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 1, 2015

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't think anyone sending stuff to Watchers on the Wall ever spotted her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

meristem posted:

I'm very, very fine with that.

This looks like it'll be a fine season. I'm still laughing at people who said AFFC&ADWD would take two full seasons (meaning 5 and 6, not 5 and that bit in season 4).

Oh man, thinking back to the people who were like "this show will have ten to twelve seasons, they can't do it in less than that!"

• Locked thread