Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Starting at climax 3 might have been a mistake, I am getting my butt kicked :( I thought it was like in B1, very easy - easy - normal, but climax 3 seems a lot closer to B1's hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Evil Eagle posted:

Noatun is beautiful and I've spent like 15 minutes exploring the area around the reflecting pool.

It is but to be honest it looks a little bit too much like Vigrid from the first game.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
The fight with the flying manta ray death demon thing, holy poo poo :stare:

Yeah even though I liked boss fights in 1, 2 really does them better.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Truly, it would not be Bayonetta without a Space Harrier level, huh? :v:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Finished, the story didn't make much sense to me but it took me a while to at least partially understand the story of the first game so :v:

Overall it's been exactly the sequel I wanted and expected and got the Wii U for. Bayonetta fighting alongside her daddy was awesome !

Negatives: Jeanne was not seen for almost the entire game and doesn't do much, a shame. I expected to spend the rest of the game fighting alongside her after I saved her but nope :(. Also some of the boss fights when floating in the air seemed a little bit too wonky and difficult but that might just be me. Oh and very few uses of the awesome Moon River remix :(

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Broseph Brostar posted:

What are the must have techniques in this one? The thing about some moves replacing other moves has got me spooked and I'm too poor to experiment.

The only one that's a must have is Bat Within. Crow Within and Tetsuzanko are next. Rest is mostly for more stylish combos.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I'm pretty sure I could dodge as little Cereza. Which chapter was it again?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Chapter 10. If you push dodge Cereza falls over and sits there for a minute.

Yeah she stumbles forward which is more than enough to escape. You don't even need to use it, just run away from the demon.

Broseph Brostar posted:

Bat Within is the first thing I bought, but I don't know what it does extra since it doesn't grant more witch time like it did in 1. Does it just make the dodge window a bit longer?

Bat within makes the dodge window a bit more lenient, it negates damage and grants you witch time if you dodge in the exact frame you get hit.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Are 99% of the people in tag climax lobby afk? So far I have only been able to get into a game once in tries beyond count. Most hang on waiting for response, a few got declined.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Vegastar posted:

Every time a new enemy cutscene starts now, I just mash r2 to dodge. I assume they're always gonna be right in my face now after grace and glory.

And you are correct. :v:

Finally got a game of climax going, was using Love is Blue, the other guy had dual chainsaws, I had to ressurect him twice in one verse and yet he still won?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Anyone found a good halo farm spot yet? Chapter 14 with gaze of despair gives 300k or so but it's neither short nor that easy. Seems the witch time duration with gaze equipped is halved, too.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Evil Eagle posted:

It's not even remotely the focus of the game but I did enjoy how the story wrapped around to the first game's.

Beef Waifu, want to Tag Climax?

The story makes even less sense than in 1 and that's saying something. Still, play 1 first if only to become familiar with the characters.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
A neat thing I just discovered: the costume that changes Bayonetta to her appearance from the first game comes also with the Shuraba, the Scarborough Fair and their respective movesets.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
You can't win in tag using Love is Blue / Scarborough Fair right? :( Unless the partner is real bad.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

No, you really don't have to use it at all, although I did notice that the game will refuse to initially start if the tablet's dead. Just plug it in for literally 5 seconds to get to the main menu then let it die again.

I noticed this too and it's pretty poo poo tbh because I don't use the tablet at all, it's been lying in my drawer for months now with empty batteries obviously. Any chance they might patch this? Probably not huh.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I don't like how you only get a tiny fraction of usual witch time duration against enraged enemies :(

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Tsurupettan posted:

my friend and i bought the art book for bayo 1 back in sept and the entry for the design of luka basically reads 'this is my fetish and i want bayonetta to step on me because she's a strong woman.'

There is no such thing in there, at least don't make poo poo up please.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
That was actually the very first thing that struck me: Loki has no glasses ! :(

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Pomp posted:

Yeah, the gamepad's not only not as bad as you'd think it would be, it's actually a good, comfortable controller. I think the bumper buttons are a little awkward, but that's about it.

It's too big, too heavy and the batteries are dead after 2 hours.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

notZaar posted:

Are fire and ice good against angels/demons respectively? I'm not sure if any elemental weakness comes into play.

As far as I know, no.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Darth TNT posted:

What's the visual confirmation? I never noticed it.

A spray of bullets going off in all directions.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
It's probably too early to ask but what do you guys think about the odds of seeing part III? Obviously pretty much all of the stuff that was left out of B1 was used in B2 so they would have to come up with a lot of new material, and Nintendo would most likely still have to finance it.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Wildtortilla posted:

Thanks! Is there a way to set lock on to toggle? I'd rather not have to hold R while fighting enemies.

I don't think you need to use lock on at all. The pros may disagree but the autotargetting in this game is great and sufficient.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Most likely some DLC.

Which is still awesome.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Electromax posted:

Maybe they're patching in support for a Bayo amiibo.

A Bayonetta amiibo would instantly redeem this Daisy-hating company in my eyes !

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Bat within is essential, it adds one frame to the default dodge window (which is 5 frames).

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

alcharagia posted:

Gracious and Glorious are given a completely fanfare-less introduction in Chapter 10. Other than not getting Witch Time off their attacks, I still have no idea what the difference is.

I believe (could be wrong here) they also have the animation speed of Hard even in Normal difficulty.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

notZaar posted:

Madam Butterfly never fully appears in Bayo but you can see her concept art in the gallery and her silhouette is Bayos shadow.

And every Wicked Weave attack is, in fact, her arms and legs as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I switch between Love is Blue and Scarborough Fair. Yes, seriously. Other weapons may be more effective but the guns have style.

• Locked thread