Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'd call Korra "competent, but clearly low budget" and leave it at that.

Which is more than I can say about season 2 :haw:

Pomp fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ethiser posted:

Got the game early from Amazon!!!! My family got in today and will be staying with me until Sunday so I can't play...

Mine hasn't even shipped :(

Pomp fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 24, 2014

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What I'm assuming is just the first fight with the masked man is better than the Jeanne fights from 1, holy poo poo.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Beef Waifu posted:

The second you unlock the chainsaws, put them on your feet. DON'T ASK JUST DO IT!

YO DO THIS

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man chapter 9 is a unfun slog isn't it.

The prophet fight sucks rear end because it's hard to tell what he's doing 90% of the time and the Golem before it has some of the worst hitboxes I've ever seen in a video game while in it's animal form.

I got a pure platinum on both on my first try. :cool:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Cool the game just introduced enemies that can kill you in one hit if you mess up the timing of a dodge even a little.

loving terrible. If you get turned into a kid just put the controller down.

Just...run away?

Pomp fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 25, 2014

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Does the Sage always show up at 3 star?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So I just beat the game. I turned on the Fox outfit without realizing what stage it was because "Oh yeah I bought that costume may as well use it once." Final boss mechanically was way, way better then Bayo 1's but... after 101 it felt surprisingly tame despite the bright blue background and laser beams and stuff. The ending blow wasn't nearly as satisfying as either game either albeit it was funny seeing the final demon (is it still Butterfly?) dropkick Asier.

Pretty solid game, something felt rather rushed with that last mission but other then that I liked it for the most part.

That final summon was the final boss+your final summon from the first game.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
She's old Bayonetta, but she gets 2 shot by like everything, and a rad robot that shoots your score through the roof.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Oct 27, 2014

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I like to mix the hammer with the whip, because slamming a dude down so I can bring down the hammer feels great.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Almost Smart posted:

A quick question about weapons: I just picked up Alarune, but the last weapon I got before that were those fire and ice gauntlets. I have pieces of like three different LPs. Have I missed something?

A lot of them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G1fTzPCWkE

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ethanol posted:

Dammn this game is actually pretty good. Like every game I have is poo poo compared to this. gently caress I'm still on bayo 1 too.

Make sure you play their other action masterpieces like literally everything they developed except for Mad World, and two Viewtiful Joe DS games.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PantsBandit posted:

Mad World was actually really cool and you're dumb and wrong if you say otherwise.

Everything about Mad World is great except for the playing it part.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Gross.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Neo Rasa posted:

Was there any reaction or care in the world at all when this same attack was seen in the first Bayonetta?

No one ever really went "so this is in the game" the first time around. I never did the Rodin fight so it's news to me.

ImpAtom posted:

MGR is amazing. Get it.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, the gamepad's not only not as bad as you'd think it would be, it's actually a good, comfortable controller. I think the bumper buttons are a little awkward, but that's about it.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
disclaimer - I'm huge person and also I exercise regularly

edit:I'm actually DIO IRL

Pomp fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Nov 2, 2014

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ometeotl posted:

This hasn't been true in any scenario since, like, the N-Gage existed.

Are you one of those people that can't figure out how to hold a dualshock?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hidden verses are cool and only worry about missing some when you're going for a perfect run you nerds.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They mentioned wanting to do a 3ds thing about Jeanne years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
play w101 too

• Locked thread