Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Levarris posted:

Open Alpha Testing from 2/27/16 at 00:00hrs to 2/29/16 at 00:00hrs Eastern Standard Time.

http://www.darklightswg.com/forum/index.php?/topic/260-open-alpha-phase-one/

Will need plenty of genuine feedback from my fellow goons to help make this a "mostly" non-lovely product.

Of course, you come out release weekend of Fuller House.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi

jabro posted:

Of course, you come out release weekend of Fuller House.

Damnit. Uncle Jesse would understand!

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Levarris posted:

Open Alpha Testing from 2/27/16 at 00:00hrs to 2/29/16 at 00:00hrs Eastern Standard Time.

Will need plenty of genuine feedback from my fellow goons to help make this a "mostly" non-lovely product.

How about closed testing, still next week?

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Alexander DeLarge posted:

How about closed testing, still next week?

Closed testing is a myth to anyone not a Goon. However for those who paid $10 to be part of a forum, closed testing next weekend.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
This looks like fun and I'll have to check it out. Hopefully it'll be more fun than what Bloodfin is now.

Rearden
Nov 28, 2012

Losers
Average
Losers
This sounds like fun. Hopefully you still need locked containers to grind slicing, cornering the locked container market on Basilisk was hilarious.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Levarris posted:

:siren: Sound the horn, lets play this old rear end game once more
My gf is moving in with me that weekend. Ill show her what to expect going on, with a 12 hours non stop swgathon

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
re: ~2.19 of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NJggEPUqFc

Is that the city invasion system that SWG added kind of later in the game? If so, those were a blast.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

2DCAT posted:

re: ~2.19 of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NJggEPUqFc

Is that the city invasion system that SWG added kind of later in the game? If so, those were a blast.

No, just a factional area set up that they were recording at.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi
I'll probably hang out in CTS Mumble the whole weekend in question to field any questions and get direct input from all of you.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Levarris posted:

No, just a factional area set up that they were recording at.

:negative: That's sad, but I'll still play. .... if only to bring back the Society of the Historical Institute for Terrestrial Sharnaff rights.

2DCAT fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 4, 2016

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

2DCAT posted:

:negative: That's sad, but I'll still play. .... if only to bring back the Society of the Historical Institute for Terrestrial Sharnaff rights.

I was thinking of a bounty hunting guild called ISLAM. EbonyBBW would approve.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
DoubleOh Seven, reporting for duty

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Sharnaffs are not ours to eat, wear, experiment, on or use for entertainment.

- the Society of Historical Institutes for the Treatment of Sharnaffs

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
I haven't played SWG since my dad returned it cuz we figured out it was a monthly sub two hours into install (after i finished the trial), so I'm down to join in on the testing.

What do i need to prepare

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Kontradaz posted:

I haven't played SWG since my dad returned it cuz we figured out it was a monthly sub two hours into install (after i finished the trial), so I'm down to join in on the testing.

Get your daddy to reinstall SWG.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

I will stand with you in order to prevent this atrocity from continuing.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
I should totally be up for testing both weekends if all goes according to plan!

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Kontradaz posted:

lol
being your first MMO, I'd imagine it's all you'd play so he probably would have saved money by letting you play it, my parents saved tons by letting me play UO/EQ/SWG

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Levarris posted:

Sounds interesting. I think I'll pop in for that.

bogey.flail
Mar 29, 2001
Looking forward to testing this out!

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
Where's my goom testing.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Kontradaz posted:

Where's my goom testing.

Sounds like it is next weekend. Not this.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Erev posted:

Sounds like it is next weekend. Not this.

^ What he said. Also be sure you register on our forum http://www.darklightswg.com/forum and send me a PM with a note mentioning your name on the SA Forums so I know to let you in.

Levarris fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Feb 7, 2016

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Sent you a PM on the forums Levarris.

I did have a question as an old Droid Engineer - did you make any changes so that droids are affected by material quality more than the minuscule amount they were back in the day?

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Erev posted:

Sent you a PM on the forums Levarris.

I did have a question as an old Droid Engineer - did you make any changes so that droids are affected by material quality more than the minuscule amount they were back in the day?

No, but I could.

iamthehans
May 1, 2012

Ahdinko posted:

:siren: Sound the horn, lets play this old rear end game once more
My gf is moving in with me that weekend. Ill show her what to expect going on, with a 12 hours non stop swgathon

you will be guild leader and like it

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Levarris posted:

No, but I could.

It would make their construction more meaningful, I think. I mean even architects have some use for quality (extractor speed for certain and, iirc, energy and maitenence costs) in their stuff but for DEs all you get is like 10 hp on a probot.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

iamthehans posted:

you will be guild leader and like it

Pretty nice of Ahdinko to lead again. I'm now super-excited that this is going to be good.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

2DCAT posted:

Pretty nice of Ahdinko to lead again. I'm now super-excited that this is going to be good.

He's the leader we deserve. Though tbh, when we release our live server. I plan to be playing the game. So I'll be happy to lead our guild myself in whatever form it takes.

(No this doesn't mean i'll be giving free stuff or any incentives that would constitute cheating. I won't even have GM rights on our live server to abuse, no one will except our GMs who will be so restricted they'll only be able to do their jobs and nothing else.)

Either way, depending on the outcome of the next few weeks i'll close this thread and open a new OP with nitty-gritty detailed information that totally describes every facet of DarklightSWG and what makes it different if from the GoonTest™ Next weekend I get enough positive feedback that would indicate we'd have a good enough presence to warrant a guild.

Levarris fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 8, 2016

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Hey Levarris!

Were you planning on making the player bounty system for all players, not just limited to Jedi? If so, were you planning on sticking to the old profession system where you had to be MBH to pull player bounties, or were you going to change it to more of a CU style system where you had to be 4xxx BH which allowed for more diverse BH builds?

EDIT: Also, another relevant question would be are you planning to stick with Master Scout being a pre-req into Novice BH?

Mux fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 8, 2016

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Levarris posted:

He's the leader we deserve. Though tbh, when we release our live server. I plan to be playing the game. So I'll be happy to lead our guild myself in whatever form it takes.

(No this doesn't mean i'll be giving free stuff or any incentives that would constitute cheating. I won't even have GM rights on our live server to abuse, no one will except our GMs who will be so restricted they'll only be able to do their jobs and nothing else.)

Either way, depending on the outcome of the next few weeks i'll close this thread and open a new OP with nitty-gritty detailed information that totally describes every facet of DarklightSWG and what makes it different if from the GoonTest™ Next weekend I get enough positive feedback that would indicate we'd have a good enough presence to warrant a guild.

I'll be playing, but I probably won't have time to test/play much next weekend. It's the main reason why I haven't registered on the other forums and PM'd ya.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Mux posted:

Hey Levarris!

Were you planning on making the player bounty system for all players, not just limited to Jedi? If so, were you planning on sticking to the old profession system where you had to be MBH to pull player bounties, or were you going to change it to more of a CU style system where you had to be 4xxx BH which allowed for more diverse BH builds?

EDIT: Also, another relevant question would be are you planning to stick with Master Scout being a pre-req into Novice BH?

Bounty Hunter is now a "Secondary Profession" which only includes the investigation line. It is something you can choose with any primary profession. So you could be for example a Jedi / BH, a Commando / BH and so on.

And, player bounties affect all players, not just glowbat enthusiasts.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Levarris posted:

Bounty Hunter is now a "Secondary Profession" which only includes the investigation line. It is something you can choose with any primary profession. So you could be for example a Jedi / BH, a Commando / BH and so on.

Now that does sound interesting.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Levarris posted:

What's the penalty for dying if you're not a glowbat enthusiast and what prevents me from suiciding to an alt and being all like "thanks for the spacebux, nerd"

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

SweetBro posted:

What's the penalty for dying if you're not a glowbat enthusiast and what prevents me from suiciding to an alt and being all like "thanks for the spacebux, nerd"

You lose XP, like a Jedi would have. Albeit a paltry amount.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Levarris posted:

I love you.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi
I changed my mind on the GoonTest™.

If you have registered and sent me a PM on our forum with your SA name for me to verify, i'll be opening it up to you tonight when I get home. Probably by 7:00pm EST.

I'll hop in CTS Mumble starting tonight when I get home so I can coordinate with any of you on testing. I'd ask at least one of you who are into crafting to liberally use the frogs, get resource deeds and craft the hell out of some pharmacist wares. It's an area I am really looking for feedback on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
Registered on the forum, same as my SA username. I wouldn't mind getting on and giving crafting a go. Going to PM you on the Darklight forum.

• Locked thread