Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

StalkofWheat posted:

It's totally gonna be Roger.

Roger will also be the couple that Stan sees die in a car accident. It's Roger all the way down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Does anyone know the name of the Chinese song that played over the credits?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

masteraero posted:

I know this is a week late, but thankfully this time I had the foresight to bring up Shazam on the Adult Swim repeat to tag the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiUL_vWs5IE

Thanks! Great song.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's amazing how they turned a naturally funny guy like Craig Ferguson into the worst character on the worst episode, but yup.

Oh my god that was Craig Ferguson as that boil? What a waste of a talented voice actor.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

About time.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Party Plane Jones posted:

The synopsis is that the episode was poo poo.

Seriously, one of the weakest episodes so far.

I disagree. I actually liked this one.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ShadowCatboy posted:

Steve & Co shouldn't have gotten sick like that. Once the temperature exceeds 120* F bacterial growth stops. That's one of the running principles of sous vide: low and slow. I've cooked chicken, beef, and pork at 145*F for three days and they all came out delicious.

They cooked it for twelve days, and they're teenagers who are using a slow cooker for the first time without any instructions or supervision. I think it's pretty safe to assume they might do something wrong like set the temperature too low which would let the meat go bad. No idea how maggots got in there though.

Anyway, this was a great episode.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Was the guy who loved gossip and got killed in the snake room voiced by Tom Kenny?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Greg is a goddamn monster and I definitely want to survive the apocalypse with him. He can kill all the wild dogs and murder hobos. "Ow you big black bitch"

Losing his legs just pissed him off! that's all it did! Just pissed him off!!

This was a great season finale, I love it when American Dad does weird non-canon episodes like this or Blood Crieth Onto Heaven.

Also: Sydney Hoffman! He lives again! Very briefly!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

bull3964 posted:

It's not.

We got episodes scheduled through the end of May at this point. We're just a little over halfway through the season.

Oh, well it was a great episode then! One so good I'm kind of surprised they didn't use it as a season finale.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

victorious posted:

For me it was "Reaganomics Lamborghini", was that one even real?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPJhhM4Mzf4

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Neeksy posted:

This episode was goddamn fantastic. Snot's horrible futures just kept topping each other.

I thought nothing was going to top inexplicably half turtle Snot.

And then he somehow went full turtle.

This episode was amazing

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tenzarin posted:

Do the old Olympics really become a desolate wasteland?

Yeah, that part was spot on.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

HorseRenoir posted:

Was this supposed to be Steven Universe?

I thought the same thing. Pretty sure the outfit is a direct reference, one of the animators is probably a Steven Universe fan who snuck it in for shits and giggles.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FlamingLiberal posted:

"Pfft, I'm not going to be friends with a half turtle, there's plenty of full turtles out there!"

And then, when Snot did go full turtle, Steve wanted to bang him.

Apparently he wants to be more than just friends with full turtles.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

Another seriously fantastic episode. I liked that he programmed the robots in his persona factory to feel pain.

Why!? Why was I programmed to feel pain!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ-ggzfdsMs

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I liked this episode, surprised to see so many people didn't enjoy it. But then I might just have a soft spot for any episode where Francine and Roger hang out and do weird poo poo together.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

"Oh no. No, no, no. No, no. No. He is, he is dead. He is not okay. He will never be okay, because he is - say it with me - dead. You didn't say it with me."

what episode is this from?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

sbaldrick posted:

I love the idea of a company just going "crazy people happen, it's cheaper to deal with them this way"

Honestly it was a pretty good plan, and the activities they had set up for them looked really fun.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

You Are A Elf posted:

American Dad's always had some great art shifts when the time or reason calls for it. Dungeons and Wagons had a pretty cool one for the b-plot with Steve and Jeff and MMORPGs way back in the early seasons.

I loved the animation shift in Dungeons and Wagons.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

drrockso20 posted:

That's been the case with pretty much all MMO episodes ever made, and most videogame episodes in general

The South Park episode of World of Warcraft is pretty spot on.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arbite posted:

Norm MacDonald's Pokemon sketch was pretty good and shockingly accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER6lPaxhWeA

"Fantasy: good, reality: bad"

Yeah, this all checks out.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Majorian posted:

Switched this latest episode off after the first five minutes. I might give it another chance later, but I hate militant atheist preachiness as much as I hate religious right preachiness, so...not really impressed.

please keep watching, it goes to some fun places. I also hate militant atheist preachiness but I promise you this episode isn't that.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Rarrgh posted:

Geez... Roger and that wolf :/

Roger isn't very good at taking care of wolves.

Remember Felicity?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

...so wait does everybody have AIDS now?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Troy Queef posted:

I too am a sucker for parodies of Trapped in the Closet.

Me too, and I honestly think this is the best "trapped in the closet" parody yet.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FireWorksWell posted:

On a related note I've just finished rewatching the series, and I'm still unsure what episode has Stan waking up and yelling "FRANCINE! SEAGULLS! This time they could drive..."

I didn't make this up, right?

Mister Kingdom posted:

That was from "Meter Made".

And then later there's a call back to this joke in "choosey wives choose smith". When Stan is stranded on a desert island he mentions that he's conquered his fear of seagulls after being forced to eat so many of them to survive.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The Nastier Nate posted:

The best American Dad song and its not even close.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbzHrhRJBHo

This is good, too bad the guy who made it shot himself...

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

twistedmentat posted:

I've got the penis of a MAN!

Victor was the breakout star of that group. A real man's man.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

TheFattestPat posted:

Aging the characters would be an interesting change of pace, but I bet the higher ups are worried it would "scare" the viewers or something.

Here's a good example of that: Klaus was originally supposed to be put into the body of a parrot at the end of Finances With Wolves not another fish. Presumably this would have been the start of Klaus having his brain transferred into lots of different animals as the series went on, but Fox said no so Klaus has stayed a goldfish forever.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

twistedmentat posted:

So all those girls Steve was good boying for died right?

Eyup, along with their boyfriends.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RugClockVexx posted:

That was a fantastic episode! "Rich and Mitch were found in a ditch, do-dah do-dah! Sorry Mrs. jankovich, your stupid sons are dead!"

Did anyone notice Reginald Koala being sold at the CIA yard sale? I thought at first it was a plush toy version of him but I think he was dead/stuffed!!

Well, Koala's only have a lifespan of 13-18 years, so, yeah he dead.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Welp, I guess Francine is dead now.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Neeksy posted:

I liked Roger's shirts from the productions of "Problem Child 2" and "Mona Lisa Smile".

He was wearing a third one when he slid in and put the box under the orangutan, I think it said "Daddy daycare" but I'm not sure.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

livingfruitvirus posted:

That character design looks very show crew member-ish.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is an in joke and that guy is a writer who either really loves or really hates Reginald.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zero One posted:

Am Dad only sometimes cares about continuity.

A give it a 50/50 shot of coming up again.

It'll only come up again if it's funny. Continuity in American Dad exists for the sole purpose of enhancing jokes. Case in point:

Francine: Stan, we had a dog already.

Stan: I don't think so.

Francine: We did! Five years ago you got Steve an old dog that peed dust, and you killed it.We also had another dog named Fussy that you didn't like or something.

Stan: Francine, those were obviously dreams. I refuse to discuss your dreams in the daytime.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

drrockso20 posted:

Just once I'd like to see an animated sitcom have absolute continuity between all episodes, cause I'm certain if it could pull it off it'd be something amazing

Have you seen the last two seasons of south park?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh hey! Continuity!

....I can't decide if that episode description sounds hilarious or horrifying...

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

smashpro1 posted:

It can be both!

And it was!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FlamingLiberal posted:

Who else was even on that bus? The neighbor's wife who kept trying to seduce Francine?

Clown with glasses :smith: