Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I thought I hated this show but everyone on SA was talking how great it was. Turns out it's amazing and I love it and I've rewatched it like four times? I was especially tickled by Roger's performance as Velma Kelly two episodes ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
It has amazing rewatch value, that or I've lost the ability to properly encode new memories. Both ways is fine, imo. I'm just going to list parts I really liked.

-Roger needing skin-to-skin contact with Baby Jeff only to reject him after he won't latch.
-"Your breasts are filled with spiders..." "Good, that's the way I like 'em!"
-Roger creating a huge Rube Goldberg device that's initiated by Francine grabbing a tissue from the box because Roger knew she'd laugh to the point of crying if he ingested helium and spoke in a little girl's voice. "When I was a little girl, Grover Cleveland was president!" *Francine bursts into laughter*
-Francine
-Evil Barry trying to replicate the voice of his medicated self. "The Bellboy..."
-Dungeons and Wagons' animation style shift is amazing and so incredibly spot on.
-Stan and Roger being lifted from their comatose state via Crazy Town's "Butterfly" and the ensuing visuals.
-Oretron Trail
-Jeff
-horse eyes. "Wiiiiild women do...." ... "And they don't regret it"
-Stan being ill from eating a starfish he found on the beach.
-The anorexia episode is good.
-Snot
-Roger owns a pedal harp.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Steve's song from the episode where he describes his day at school through singing is stuck in my head. My internal dialogue is following the rhythm occasionally, it's weird. I wish I could talk-sing everything.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Yes, that's the one, it's weird, it's been in and out of my head since the start of June. Then again, I've been rewatching the show constantly. The plot structures honestly remind me of old Simpsons.

Scott Grimes does not look like a guy who could sing like that, lol.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 2, 2019

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Angry Stan is the hottest Stan so far.

Lmao that this show is great even at season 16.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The ending was :discourse:

Absolutely. It's nice when Jeff and Stan get along!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Every character is ostensibly bisexual on this show and it's great.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I really wish I was called Uncle Devildong.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

The only dip this show has ever experienced imo, was when Reginald was a recurring character.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Nichael posted:

There was a string of episodes after the TBS move, around when Mike Barker left, that weren't up to the show's usual quality. But that was a really brief dip, and the show completely recovered.

So right after that really short season? I don't think I've noticed.

Also I was sort of watching the show backwards by starting with the latest season instead of the first ones.

Brawnfire posted:

So many good songs this season

The chicken soup song

The Friendaversary song.

All the stoner Oompa-loompa songs.

Wild Women do... And they don't regret it! (I have no idea why the horse pupils are so funny)

The Scott's mom mom sauce jingle.

And much, much more!

What a Stan what a Stan what a Stan what a mighty good Stan

All That Ham

Roger's Siamese Cat Song (the original disney one is so racist holy poo poo lol)

The songs on this show are great. I appreciated Steve's extremely low-key parody of Rockin' Robin. Shame Francine doesn't have that great of a singing voice but I like her backup vocals during the hot tub song.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 8, 2019

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Brawnfire posted:

The pirate cat hot air balloon gets me every time.

And that other pirate hot air balloon guy from this season. Something about hot air balloon pirates just makes me laugh.

The best part is when he falls to his death into a women's prison and a lady just looks out the window and says "A MAN!" and then that's it. It's the way she says it. Like "A MAyahn!"

Also the balloon pirate looks like an older fat me so of course he's great.

Sad puppy episodes don't bother me much. All the bird death is sadder, imo. :colbert:

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 9, 2019

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Brawnfire posted:

Like when Stan casually machetes through a toucan?

the birds who died in the birdhouse fire.
roger's ortolan
francine battering up a baby chicken and then throwing it against the wall in anger
the CIA's clone Dodo getting struck by lightning
the baby bird that was in the runaway car with [s]a puppy and a baby but who cares[/b]

but at least nothing bad happened to Stan's budgie.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Ted, you played a little ball?
Yep, little ball. Little college ball.
I'll be damned! A little ball!
Little ball. Up in San Jose State
Hm, little ball... Hey Frannie!
It was just a little ball.
You know Ted here played a little ball?
Ted played a little ball?
Little ball. Up in San Jose State.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Klaus... That was chilling. :(

Oh! Klaus singing about dressing his body and getting into a screaming match with Hayley.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 11, 2019

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I'd watch the hell out of an episode about Klaus trying various animal bodies out but ends up getting stuck in a spider plant.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I just remembered a Klaus moment.

"Did you wait three days to cash it like I asked you? Because, I have the money. I have way more money than that even!"

<cut to Klaus crying in a cupboard, eating chocolate>

"*sobbing* I don't have very much money!"

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Stan living in squalor and proudly claiming he can now eat expensive cookies whenever he wants to is me.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Most instances of Future Steve in this series has him like, really fit. Good for him!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah it was a step too far IMO. I actually like the car one though. And don't be fooled by sassassin. He hates the show and whines about it incessantly in the gbs simpsons thread

But does he like New Simpsons?

Also, I got my friend to start watching it. Both of us used to say we hated American Dad! but that tune has since changed.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

"Roger! Rogu isn't doing his jooooOOOB"

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

friend that I got into watching the show sent me a screengrab of his favorite character so far. Admiral Egg.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

What is it that poets have said about wine?
-reflux burps wine up-
What?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Brawnfire posted:

"I can imagine how jarring it is to find me around every corner of your life" cracked me up for an alarming length of time.

They got the timing of all of that perfectly too.

I swear I never laugh out loud when I'm watching something alone but I laughed like three or four times last night.

This season has been nothing but hits.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Francine and Steve get more episodes so the show should be called American The Mom or American Little Glasses Guy.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Also avoid any instances of inflation, close-ups of feet or scenes where people get ripped really fast as this may cause undue partialism in a budding child's mind. Paraphilias are a sin, it's in the bible people. *holds up DnD Monster Manual*

So um, someone ITT said tonight's episode was not airing due to Dorian but AFAIK it's still airing?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Going bananas like that seems like it would feel really good

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

limp_cheese posted:

I was watching an episode of Jeopardy and one of the clues was "This man played for the Dodgers and is believed to have invented the high-five." I had no idea Dusty Baker was a real person and is believed to actually have invented the high-five.

Does he play a beautiful gilded pedal harp??

This show surprised me with all three pedal harps shown throughout the seasons being all different models and correctly drawn. :colbert:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

No one's answering my question: Does he or did he ever play the harp? :colbert:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Rewatching Love, AD Style and wtf are those orange triangles Stan throws on the dad and his daughter after he accidentally injures/kills them while demonstrating his SUV?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Neat.

My hypothesis was completely off.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

OH. Um, yeah, so I thought they were like some sort of explosive from a movie or something.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Brawnfire posted:

Stanferatu!

I dreamt I was watching that episode last night with a bunch of friends and my brother and I kept replaying Lesbian Grandmother Stan's line during the Good Stan song.

Saaaaay, whaaaaaaat a mighty good Stan!!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Every character on this show is ostensibly bisexual and it's great

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I just realized that the recurring detective guy that's always super suspicious of everything is actually a different guy each time lmao.

I'm glad he's not actually dead, then. I like him

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was almost certain this show was written with the aid of an AI algorithm.

Transformer created this and you'd watch it you bastards posted:

On today's American Dad! Francine and Roger team up to attempt the perfect human burrito. They're asked to transport their perfect burrito across the country to a successful delivery person by a guy named Troy. But Roger manages to sabotage the shipment by taking out the gas in his Volkswagen and exposing the food as fart bait, in addition to forgetting to tuck in his children for the trip. They only narrowly escape being sent to a distant galaxy with a broken kitchen, most likely, like in Star Wars, actually farting. The episode, actually made my dad sick.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

At one point he doesn't just look upset. He looks sad.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Rabbit Ears.

Although Jeff and the Dankass Weed Factory is a close personal favorite.

Honestly last season nailed it with amazing episodes like 'Enter Stanman', 'Hamerican Dad!', 'Wild Women Do' (that goddamn list of things to keep Francine away from) and 'Eight Fires'.

You're right that 'Rabbit Ears' is a standout episode, though.

Love what they're doing with Tuttle's character.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh heck yes! This show is coming back is what the country needs right now

My exact thoughts. Happy to have this to look forward to now. :3:

Cannot wait to see what Stan, the mom, little glasses guy and the angry lady Stan argues with are up to

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Sounds like angerbeet is going bananas again.

Yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I'm proud of that episode for their correctly drawn budgies, complete with zygodactyl feet.

The one on family guy was NOT correct. >: (