Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Chocolatebuddha posted:

Another thread gassed? I just can't keep up. Did the goon squad implode?

Easily got another week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

sword_man.gif posted:

which is still the majority of the guild considering your poll for new guild leader was won by "reinstate sct"

Yes looking at the names on that list totally made me believe that poll was legit.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Bait and Swatch posted:

At 360 labor, it translates out to roughly 28g per 100 labor if 100g profit is assumed, which is really, really high given the potential consistency and the definite safety. Unless you are netting 30k fish regularly, never getting hit by pirates and have a fishing ship, it's tough to beat that ratio. Given the investment cost of a fishing ship, it becomes even more difficult.

Yeah but it's not something you can do constantly. There's just not that much arcane conquerors gear on the AH, and when there is it's not always a good deal.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Fact is, pirating isn't pirating without Kimsemus. He made that poo poo fun.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

I wouldn't have minded camping it, but we weren't the guild there to kill the Kraken, Wicked was. We were just defending them basically, and while destroying FC junks was fun, after six hours it got kind of old. If were the guild contesting the Kraken, I maybe would have cared a bit more. Unless I'm mistaken, we didn't even have an arrangement for taking turns with Wicked at the time so they probably would have wanted us to do the same thing the next time.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Eonwe posted:

Also lol at the accusations that Kimsemus is trying to stage a coup in the guild. The dude just likes PvP, stop being fucktards.

Accusations where?

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Are we still even counting on getting one? Shouldn't we just try to gently caress up other guilds chances to make sure Southern Legends gets every castle?

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

I really don't see why FC would want to ally with us, no matter how much we attack the west.

I'm also not surprised they want us to have a castle given they'd have an easy time taking it later. FC using us to prevent Wicked from getting a castle irks me in the same way as Wicked using us to fend off FC while they killed the Kraken with promises of riches. Anyhow, I now know more goons in Wicked than I do in FC (I actually don't know any in FC).

Arcade fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 1, 2014

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

I went ahead and sold my tree. I only use the cart to stage packs, since I have a merchant ship for actually turning them in. The wagon would save me a LOT of time, but I'm still limited by labor on how many actual packs I can turn in during a day, so it's just about convenience and frankly the cash from trees at this point is much more useful to me for gearing up.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

and then the problem became that a ton of goons thought we would get a castle by fishing all the time

ill let that one sink in for a bit

I keep hearing goons in mumble say that fishing isn't a good way to get gear because you'll never be able to catch up with inflation... But gear prices have been pretty steady for the last couple of weeks. If anything, prices are dropping as more people sell off illustrious/magnificent to upgrade to epherium. Fishing and trading feels like the quickest path to getting good gear at the moment. It most certainly isn't piracy, which is fun but not exactly profitable.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

In some games it doesn't matter if you have the latest gear, in others it matters a lot, where is Archage on this?

It matters a lot. Gear is very important here. Fortunately there are a lot of ways to make money, and money gets you the best gear. So you're not exactly locked into a dungeon grind unless you really want to do that.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Basically join Goon Squad (when you're able to roll on west) and take advantage of having people able to help you out with labor tasks, go with goons on big raids when you want, but otherwise play alone. No required attendance for anything.

Oh and should go without saying but if you play solo, take shadowplay. Also if you plan on playing with others.

Arcade fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 3, 2014

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Sounds good, I keep hearing people mention East and West, I take it these are servers? Why can't you roll on West now?

Same server, but at character creation you currently can't create west races due to population imbalance.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

It is fun to drive tractors into them to move them away from the dummy.

Into a portal to Hasla.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

ruffz posted:

I've seen predictions about how long it'll take for the first guild to get a castle, ranging from 90 minutes to as much as 8 hours if all anyone does is fight each other. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. If it goes much past 5pm PST I probably won't get any land up there since I have to sleep for work. My struggle :negative:

It's going to be a chaotic mass of reds and greens, with purple goons in the middle. If I don't see a goon going to jail every 5 minutes, they're doing something wrong.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

ruffz posted:

Yeah what was I thinking, goons don't organize in this game.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Bait and Swatch posted:

Can you deconstruct the fancy pack that is needed for the castle?

No idea, but I'm sure you'll be able to dance next to it.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Bait and Swatch posted:

Some guild called "No Melee" got the fourth castle. Is it worth going to Auroria right now? It took my wife and I forever to get through the DC message, and I don't want to crash out.

That's Forest Crow, and no, probably not.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Yeah, that sucks for Valor, Trion hosed em' hard on that one. Bloodline had the same issues.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

After the first two castles were down on Aranzeb, it was just a lot of waiting with people crashing, lag spikes, and killing lots of furry crows who couldn't stick with their zerg. It dragged on too long, think I used up a good 250g on buffs.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

i got land without spending a single copper on buffs so i think you did it wrong hth

I wasn't really there for the land, but it was a nice bonus. I honestly didn't expect to get any.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

balistafreak posted:

I'm still laughing at all the people who thought this was going to be some kind of actual controlled event with perimeters and patrols and poo poo who popped every consumable under the sun as soon as they jumped through the worldgate.

The first half hour was pretty much that though.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

balistafreak posted:

Maybe for the Anya mining, sure, but during the landgrabbing I was literally standing shoulder to shoulder with greens and reds alike and no one was so much as popping a PBAoE or a fear because we were all too busy furiously clicking to put down our land.

For like five minutes straight.

Ah yeah the land grabbing was when everyone got serious and said gently caress pvp lol. You could just stand there and kill people by chain casting flamebolt.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Rather than just giving us the gold he spent it all on chum and fishing lures and told us to catch our own fish as repayment. Basically it was the most petty way he could give back the stolen supplies.

Was that what happened? Pretty sure it was spent on materials for gearing up folks. The chum and lures was just the way he was going to channel money back to you guys, but the fishing hate just that real.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

To be honest, I come across PvP while fishing far more frequently than I do when I go out and blockade carts in safe zones. Progression may be lame, but honestly if I can do it while sinking cutters, I'm happy.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

robbing people who are fishing is just as effective at making money as fishing yourself and is also cheaper,

Just pointing out that this is very very wrong. Maybe if you have a lot of fishing boats, and are constantly running into fishing fleets. But when pirating, most just stick to using clippers, merchants, or cutters. You also have to hope you catch them at the right time, with a full hold. It's often a short trip back to safe waters as well. Pirating is fun, but it's far from profitable. If you do it with a small enough group, it may work out better money wise, but going out with a 20-50 people, you'd do better just going to Freedich or searching out popular trade routes at opportune times. It's also why goons are still running around in quest/gha gear without buffs and getting crushed when fighting people with fish on their backs. I can make the same kind of money as they're making by running a Solzreed pack by clipper to Dewstone, ffs.

Arcade fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Nov 6, 2014

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Arrg had the option to come back, I told him about it, he said no. This was like right after he got kicked.

I imagine he was pissed after coming into channel and asking jerkjerk repeatedly why he was kicked and was ignored (he was apparently muted).

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Eonwe posted:

and the hilarious thing is they are the goonfuckers but really 100% believe they are the good guys in this situation

With goons, there are never good guys. Goons got hosed, goons hosed back it seems.

Also, I thought this was DBRB who was going to other guilds, or something. I can't keep track.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Widestancer posted:

How are these people in goon guilds if they never even post here

No idea how they made it through the rigorous screening process.

Last time I checked, Goon Squad had given every member invite rights, at least two pubbies in the guild, and several bot names that could just be bad jokes.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Eonwe posted:

i added cheetoh dust in their beard

I hope it was ok that I took this imaginary license

Nope, you just goon hosed.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

It's back to grinding Hasla weapons. It feels like launch week all over.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Eonwe posted:

i just stand on the side that nobody should defend bobfrommarketing & kimsemus wasn't a goonfucker

so im not sure what there is to disagree with there

Kimsemus goonfucked, that's established thread canon. I was part of it, as in I was in the raid that pretty much ruined the concept of fishing with a goon tag over your name.

Hard to fault goons who invested the time and effort of getting a fishing boat being pissed over that.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

It is pretty easily actually.

Despite all of that, it doesn't change what caused the drama to begin with. Yes, Midge and DBRB are being ridiculous, and I won't even bother defending what they're doing, but progression minded goons had a legitimate beef, and while you may have been completely reasonable in trying to talk it out, many others in the guild weren't (on both sides). Also let's not lump in people leaving with the guild bank with fishers, that family left over something else entirely, as did Turtledad I think.

I have no idea what solution Kimsemus proposed, or that he had even left the guild for a while. As much as I like Kimsemus (no really), I don't really see him as making any concerted effort to appease that group. Already they're being lumped in with BFM somehow by some.

A lot of people left for a lot of different reasons, but I like to think that majority of us left because what we were looking for out of the guild wasn't being offered any more. And that actually was an issue long before you and Werkwerk took lead.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Tairon posted:

What I don't get is - let's say Kimsemus is responsible for everything people say he is. Hell, lets imagine he is currently out there beating fishermen to death with a rotting marlin husk while cackling maniacally and yelling about fishing pacts and loving goons. Why the hell would you go out of your way and contact people in entirely separate game communities to get him banned from games he may or may not be playing anymore? It's not even petty at this point, that seems like a whole load of effort for a chance it may be annoying. Jesus gently caress goons, come on. Play video games, have fun.

It's like, two guys doing that. There is no fishing goon shadow council.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

theres a new game on steam for the guys who joined wicked: http://store.steampowered.com/app/314520/

http://www.smartgameslive.com/en/games/roadblock

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Deki posted:

Piracy is so loving profitable than fishing without your own boat if you do it right, I don't even know why you'd even bother unless you really suck at pvp.

I was in a piracy group tonight that was being fed coordinates from a disgruntled member of the target guild, and we ended getting 3-4 fish each for less than 45 min of work. Way more fun too.

Actually if you really suck at PvP, attacking fishing boats is exactly what you should be doing. Kind of doubt you managed 3-4 fish each in less than 45 minutes, but it's more money than blocking carts in Ynystere, since those guys can't even put packs in your cart.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

:eyepop:

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

I didn't realize goons who fished were depriving other goons of content. gently caress, I guess it's on us then. drat, trying to get the guild geared for Auroria, such PvE pussies.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Eonwe posted:

Howd that work out

Pretty good actually, managed to get 5/7 set of mag lake to heroic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Arcade, after the kraken fight with wicked, were they still willing to help goons in auroria

My sense of time is skewed, I can't remember if that was before or after Dodgy had talked to them about helping with that, but I thought it fell apart due to the FC deal on Freedich.

• Locked thread