Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I will make the offsite for normal people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Fauxtool posted:

What is the state of non GS guilds on azanreb?

I cant be in GS because I keep getting banned on AAgoons despite not having played the game since the last time I was unbanned.

My Auroria thunderstruck tree venture was a success. The small seed money of 250g let me harvest 4 trees, 3 for myself, 1 to the donor.

Its sounds stupid and nigh unprovable, but could there be a cap on thunderstrucks per day? The rate was much better than when the massive illegal farms were in full swing.

Now that im flush with gold again, i think i want to play this terrible and fun game again

some of us still play on east

the rest play lightly and also play other bad games

bad games are fun when you play with friends

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

ragnoxiii posted:

The pirate guild is not a West guild, they are Pirate faction which is red to everyone. And I don't think the leader is a goon, so really it's a pubbie guild.

lol if you think that matters

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Are eve players forgetting that they are the worst things again?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hello thread full of normal people

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

something something rat race inflation economy

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

30.5 Days posted:

It's really dumb that you've got something that is intended to be a high-risk/high-reward activity and people are furious when someone injects the risk back into it. Yes, it turns out that the most lucrative activity in the game that also puts you into a position to be easily murdered might require a little bit of thought to not get all your poo poo stolen.

That was the entire story of wushu. A pvp game where you had to check a box that says you are ok with pvp every time you log in.

There were poo poo fits everywhere even from goons. I'm glade archeage is the same that goons still throw poo poo fits.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

No one felt like contesting it for several days and some people had been up for days.

Instead of doing something dumb like that they talked it out.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

He came back and joined grithoks fancy lads and we twirled around.

The kraken is a dumb experience if you go to kill it for loot. It is an ok experience if you go there to gently caress over people.

Sitting there waiting to gently caress over something or get your chance at it is just not fun and dumb as all hell. Anyone who suggests doing this at the kraken has poo brains.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Deki posted:

Haha gently caress, 6 hours? On Ollo after one or two wipes attempts are usually called off. I couldn't even imagine 6 hours of that.

imagine it for 3 days where people were up all night

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I'll lead the guild since you guys on west are having so many issues.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Eonwe posted:

As vice guild leader I pledge to purge everyone but Grithok and I. Thanks in advance for all your support in my brief time out of the guild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKpByV5764

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

My body is ready and I was betrayed.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Simon Numbers posted:

You realize that SCT and Dodgy remained friendly right? And nothing actually changes, you morons are just trying to start the drama chain again for some reason.

Probably because you've reached peak fireman position and people are calling you out on your poo poo.

Simon Numbers posted:

And nothing actually changes,

Simon Numbers posted:

you morons are just trying to start the drama chain again for some reason.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am not guild leader yet. This is horse poo poo.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Eve taints you to like jabber and have bad opinions.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

tatersyum posted:

So Dodgy gave me his account and I made myself guild lead and then kicked Kimsemus. Why? Because of the ensuing drama. There was no conspiracy or anything I swear! It was an opportunity that I couldn't pass up and it was all worth it.

I am happy to see that the people in power do not want policies to retain members.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Flavahbeast posted:

have you ever tried leading goons? I wouldnt want to retain them either tbh

Sadly I have done this too many times. I even tried to sell a guild once full of them and no one wanted it. There are goons still mad at me to this day for spamming world chat in warhammer online trying to sell the guild.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

As the guild leader of Goon Squad West Aranjabanji, I can not join your new guild. I must support the people that need me.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Sizup posted:

The guild could withstand a pedophile coverup, but the sanctity of the fishing is where the line had to be drawn.

it is called catch and release

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So it begins.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

FYI all goons that wish for amnesty are welcome with GOONFLEET (Unless you're an unrepentant heretic). Even if you were being a bad because you were blinded by greed or fish hate, we rule by the most just laws -- the laws of the kangaroo court.

hey, hey, hey you

click that

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Drinkfist posted:

I would just like to say that I sacraficed my dream of being kicked and banned from every mmo goon guild in order to be kicked from ForestCrow by one of the finest shitsperglords I have ever had the privelage to witness.

I would like to ask the goon community if I can add Archeage goons to my long list of goon mmo guilds I have been kicked and banned from without actually being in it. I did get banned on sight from the IRC so that has to count for something.

With that being said I shall be returning to my throne on the Shadow Council.

I got you unbanned from irc and you never got into goon squad. The only goon guild you were a part of you left on your own. You still could have werkwerk ban you though.

Do not give up your dreams sempai.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

wtfmoses posted:

Hey ya'll its ya boy wtfmoses. I "run" the offsite which is to say I host it and admin it and make sure everyone has a super great environment in which to sperg. I banned some people at the request of people who I thought were in charge and had legitimate reason to ask for bans. I banned picklefish and some other person named Syndiaan and then other officers were like NO DONT so now nobody is banned and everyone can post because wheeeee.

Anyways I have no vested interest in any of these things so don't blame me for anything other than for thinking fauxtool is a weird anime guy.

This is how the west was won

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Castle update: The guy with all the materials left the guild. Apparently this was because he did not get to become guild leader.

Guild bank update: A lot of goons don't know this, but we apparently had a guild bank. That has also left the guild.

Those materials are now in the hand of wicked.

Chaos Reigns.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The best part about this is that the group that wanted to pvp fishermen left the guild so that they could have plausible deniability. A decent solution although a poor choice in guild names.

The group that wanted to fish and follow the pact took all their stuff and some of the guilds stuff and peaced out.

One of these things is more reasonable than the other and both of the people that caused the drama are gone.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

SumYungGui posted:

You know none of this has anything to do with why they left right?

that part makes it even funnier

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Axel Serenity posted:

Why did the fishers leave, then? I've been out saving the whales with Greenpeace and apparently missed some fun poo poo.

a few reasons from what I've been told by some of them or others

werkwerk being leader
werkwerk having no right to be leader
werkwerk not responding to people fast enough
werkwerk didn't earn leadership
arrg being kicked
fishing problems
future plans being disregarded even though they probably were not or salvagable

Some may be wrong due to hear say or word of mouth and some more may be there

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

it has been 24 hours and the guild has not been disbanded under werkwerks leadership, a good track record

also lol at the like one or two people that say he or I are there as imp zone trolls to just gently caress over the guild

the guild does a good job that on their own without us

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

to be fair my family left because I got kicked for no reason

apparently it was a double combination of saying racist things and werkwerk not ever seeing this post

quote:

Welp, I was wrong too. I took him for his word when I guess I shouldn't have.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Neither werkwerk or I have asked for the guild bank. I agree you should give it to someone deserving. That person does not have to be the guild leader.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

good news

werkwerk is now level 16 and soon people will stop caring about his level

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Since jerkjerk and I are low levels the stuff doesn't even help us. We couldn't really steal any of it to do anything with it I guess. It only affects everyone else who would get a use out of it.

I guess I could RMT it for paintballs.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Angela Christine posted:

Noooo, my 500 stone bricks. :qq:

If the guild bank is gone that means we definitely won't be trying to get a castle, right?

Based on how castles and factions work, there was a good chance of getting one and a slim chance of keeping one. Even less so now with all that stuff being gone.

CASTLES
Here is a trion post about it
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/10/31/conquest-of-auroria-castles-sieges-and-more/

There were supposed to be player run factions of multiple guilds and this isn't mentioned in here. Even then here is a post about it in korea where it was a huge money sink.
http://archeagesource.com/topic/1947-player-factions-in-archeage-how-to-make/
It probably will not be as large of a money sink in the US.

Guild battles will be either 50 defenders v 70 attackers for 20 minutes then 70 vs 70 and a chance to get up to 30 mercenaries making it 100 v 100, or some mixture of this. The mercs have to be pulled in by the defenders first then the attackers can grab them, iirc.

These are guild vs guild where the 30 merc people do not need to be part of the guild. It is unknown if mercs will be a part of the US release.

That means you would need 70 goons or more that are able to compete with any other guild on the server on equal footing. As of today we don't have that, and I doubt we would have it for the first defense.

Any alliance with other guilds to keep that land still requires either personal manpower from goons or enough money to win the auctions for the siege scrolls and even with the economy families, we are kinda short on money compared to what forest crows are pulling in. So we couldn't protect our selves by winning the siege scrolls via auction.

The people who did the organization for attempting alliances with other people decided to leave so there is also that. We have already asked people to go ahead and talk to other guilds and see what can be done as to not go gently caress goons. With a few days left, I'm not expecting much.

TLDR; We could of claimed one and lost it within 3 weeks, less chance we will claim one now.

HOUSING
Trions post says new housing comes up around the castle and farther from the castles. The close stuff can be demolished by the lord, the far stuff can't. Taxes will be paid in tax certificates and then converted to gold for the lord.

If you don't have a house now expect to be in the same situation as the people with houses will go out there and claim as much as possible for their selves to use or sell like they already did. Like if you got a job and work during that time, good luck.

A lot of space does open up but I can see the economy CAPTAINS OF THE INDUSTRY still claiming most if not all of it.

I'll correct this if any of it is wrong, and going to go look up the parts I am still fuzzy on.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Oh even with the super grindy korean version of castle sieges, there is one korean guild that is so geared they go win all 3 castles on a server, transfer the entire guild to another server, capture those castles, and keeps going around to different servers to win them all.

They don't stay on a server since they know it would destroy it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

FC is actually ok with goons having a castle as long as wicked doesn't have one but that would require goons being able to defend against wicked.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

FC hates wicked more than they hate goons.

FC has feedz who is a goon, relatively high up there, and has a close line of communication with goon squad.

If it fucks wicked over, they are ok with it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

If this was like two days ago it is even better since he lost one to a teleporting bot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The goon guild bank has been decided to be transferred tomorrow in the form of fish.

I am not kidding about this.

So that is taken care of.

• Locked thread