Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

effectual posted:

What should I do at level 20 if I have 20g?

Seems like I can't do anything fun til 50, except quest, which is fine, but not tremendously fast to level.

Unfortunately questing is one of the fastest ways to level and you even make some gold doing it. Make sure you Overachieve on every quest you can, you can get to level 50 while still doing the mid-late 30s quests.

The very fastest way to level costs money. Wait until you have max labor, pop a vocation tonic, buy some moonlight archeum dust, a bunch of wedges, evenstones, and iron, cloth or leather. Craft a bunch of iron, leather or cloth sleeves. Break them down to the the archaeum back. Craft them again. Repeat until you run out of labor or lose your mind. It works, but then you'll be a penniless level 50 wearing level 20 gear, so it's not perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

Don't vendor anything except the gear your character started in.

Actually, the civilian gear you start with is tradable, and for some reason civilian clothing sells for tens of silver on the AH. :iiam:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Morglon posted:

There's a huge difference between "people list it for that much" and "it actually moves".

People have it listed for over a gold. Search "civilian" on the AH. I do a gilda run every few days, and have personally sold civilian pieces for over 30 silver each. I assume it's probably poorly programed bots. :shrug:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

30.5 Days posted:

Haha stop killing the pubbies I love! what the gently caress is this

The lovely threads sort of hampered recruiting any more goons. We're slowly bleeding out members. We were down to just 999 last night. :ohdear: As an EVE goon I'm not comfortable unless I'm constantly surrounded by several thousand of my closest friends, so clearly we need to make friends with all the pubbies, right?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Roflan posted:

This game has PVE content? What is the content of this game, anyway? As an outsider whose only exposure is this thread and the character creator, I got the impression that game was about making as much money as possible. But never heard what you do with the money.

PVE? PVP? Pretty princess? What? All I've seen is that you use the money to kill people and take their money. And you're a sucker if you do that, since the best way to make money is to hack and cheat. And if I wanted to do that, I'd do it in real life. At least EVE has the stupid political crap.

Why do you people play this game? I think you're all crazy.

Well, if you could find any available land you could build a house and decorate that house and pretend you are playing The Sims.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

This makes no drat sense.

What? Why? I don't even . . .

:psyduck:

:what: Three gold. Someone paid 3 gold for the worst lute in the game, that absolutely everyone gets for free.

I just made 9 gold selling newbie gear. Who are these people?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

hyung posted:

Just got into this game. Seems to me like healer classes are pretty worthless and that I should just roll an archer like everyone else?

Healers are critical in certain situations. Healers are hard to level up, and basically useless in solo PVE. Healers are bad at healing unless they have a healing weapon, and if they have a healing weapon the suck at everything except healing. It is more of a nuisance than being archer #346.

So you want to be a healer:

1. Pick a DPS class as your first tree: archery, sorcery, or battlerage.

2. Pick a support class that works well with your DPS class as your second tree. Defence, witchcraft, auramancy, etc, whatever floats your boat.

3. Pick Vitalism as your third class. Vitalism is the most important class for healers. Most Vitalism skills require a healing club to not suck, so you won't actually be putting many points into at all for now. (You can reroll skills at will for a small fee.)

4. Now you can level up easily overachieving dumb quests. When you reach 50, you will have level 50 vitalism, so all you need to be a decent healer is a healing club. So you can switch between healer and DPS whenever you want.

5. Level up other classes you like. If you want to be a Cleric or a Templar or whatever, level those up. You are already a decent healer, but some skills are better healer support than other. If you still have Quest lines to finish, which you should, you can keep just your 1 DPS skill to mow down mobs, and level up your other two healer support skills.

That shouldn't be too painful, and you'll be able to switch between precious healer and DPS at will.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Widestancer posted:

Updated the OP to reflect recent changes in Goonsquad.

I had my doubts but you are doing a great job, Op.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tried an archer alt just to see what that was like. Lilyut armor set includes a leather miniskirt with fishnet stockings. Really? Really?

That outfit was going so well too. :( No 6 inch heel hooker boots. Good solid coverage on the upper armor pieces. Then bam leather miniskirt out of nowhere.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Third World Reggin posted:

Castle update: The guy with all the materials left the guild. Apparently this was because he did not get to become guild leader.

Guild bank update: A lot of goons don't know this, but we apparently had a guild bank. That has also left the guild.

Those materials are now in the hand of wicked.

Chaos Reigns.

Noooo, my 500 stone bricks. :qq:

If the guild bank is gone that means we definitely won't be trying to get a castle, right?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Today I learned you can put a bed in your private workbench. :unsmith: So fellow homeless goons, if you have an 8X8 you can build a Private Sawmill/loom/etc, and then put your bed, chest, and other small decorative items on display. Just don't build the private smelter, the smelter itself is huge and takes up most of the space.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Internet Kraken posted:

Its not like Goon Squad has any reason not to gently caress with Wicked. What do we need allies for when all we can do is mess around?

Yeah, if we are spazzing out too hard to try for a castle, we don't really need any allies. The Freedick FC deal helps out average goons who want to do a trade run. I'm not sure what an alliance with Wicked would do for us at this point.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Plus you are totally going to put a hole in your barrel. What good is that?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

JackDRipper posted:

At this point I had not posted about the plans for Tuesday because frankly I was running it like an EVE OP and not tipping my hand on what the plan was till the last minute.

I think a big difference is that after so many years most EVE goons are willing to trust that the leadership has a plan and has things under control.

The BFM drama bomb and aftershocks eroded the sense that the AAgoon leaders know what they are doing and have a plan. The constant trolling and meltdowns ITT for a few weeks there obviously didn't help. So there is a sense that nobody knows what is going on, or half the time even knows who is supposed to be in charge of things.

Maybe not getting a castle will give us time to gel and do stuff without constantly splintering. Or maybe a shiny new game will come along.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Taran posted:

In Alpha, there were portals from Marianople (and I assume City of Towers?) to Calmlands in Auroria, but those only worked 1/4 of the time (6AM to Noon in-game time). Not sure if they'll bring those back, or force us all to have an exciting boat ride north!

There is a world gate in seachild that claims to go to Auroria, but when I tried it it just dumped me at a nearby Nui shrine because that little blue guy is a liar. Maybe those will actually go where they say?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

30.5 Days posted:

Considering that I collected more than 15 stone packs worth of materials and have yet to receive them back from the individuals who took off, what the gently caress does that have to do with this situation?

Sup stone bro? I donated 500 stone bricks too, split between SCT and Kiiz, I think? That isn't a huge gold value of course, but as a landless newbie mining was my main source of income, so it was a pretty big deal to me at the time and seemed like a "fair" amount to donate to the cause. Having that brushed aside as nothing because some other guys may have donated more (and then stolen it) is kind of a slap in the face. Rude.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

FebrezeNinja posted:

If you load quickly you actually do get to the Auroria center island, it just immediately boots you back because it's off-limits.

That is amazing, heh. Why not just hide the world gates until Auroria is released?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

GreatestNerdEver posted:

followed by people agreeing

balista is a cool guy, sure, but come on

It will be fine. If he leaves we'll just all follow him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8-6o_ultLg

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

GreatestNerdEver posted:

I play for hours each day, and I don't care who he is, funneling resources to any one person is stupid as gently caress as has been proven only like 10 times previously

Good thing we have no resources to funnel then, isn't it?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

bathroomrage posted:

Lots of people don't seem to realize that the reason goons are 'so much better' than pubbies in most of these games is that goons usually communicate and work together to a certain extent.

Plus the useful spergs who dissect the game until they understand it better than the developers, then explain it to the rest of us. We seem to be a bit short on those guys this time 'round.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CompeAnansi posted:

The main issue with our taking a castle from someone else is we have a dearth of mages in the guild. We need to have at least 50 people with maxed out Sorcery/Occultism + heroic cloth/plate in order to have a shot at winning sieges. AoE CC & Damage wins sieges. We can get there eventually, but for now I don't think we should even worry about trying to do sieges and just roam around having our fun by annoying pubbies.

We may have a lack of mages, but once people get to 50 it isn't really that difficult to skill up other trees or even go archemaster just with crafting or whatever. We have at least 6 weeks before we can even attempt a seige, which is more than enough time for everyone currently active to get whatever skills they want.

Gear could be more of a problem. All the archers likely have leather, and leather is the least-good armor for mages. Still, with a bunch of 50s it shouldn't be hard to get at least GHA gear and Hasla weapons for every class you care to take.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Isn't the game supposed to be back now? Where is koreagame?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Server up.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If you are one of the people getting kicked between server selection and character selection, Trion knows about the problem and blames hackshield. They don't have a fix. http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?109837-Force-Disconnection-Following-Update-to-Build-4.14

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Axel Serenity posted:

This whole thing is even funnier when you consider that a few people are probably NOT getting kicked and are therefore reaping land harvests as we speak since there are no housing limits.

Yeah, no offence to Minti or the guys who have enough land to plant 108 cedars at a time, but escalating taxes obviously aren't enough to keep people from being greedy land hogs. As it is there is no reason not to drop a cottage where ever you see space, and decide later if you want to use it or just sell it off.

In good areas even 8x8s can have a few people camping them when they are demolished. One guy grabbed one near my 2 8x8s and immediately sent me a mail offering to sell it to me for 100 gold. LOL.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oil! posted:

I wonder where everyone is? There are usually 50+ vases down this close to quest reset.

Judging by the servers being listed as "up" most people are locked out, but on the bright side at least the people who can get in don't have to deal with a queue.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rivarz posted:

Anyone think it will be possible to still find a 16x16 and 24x24 by that time, or does this pretty much screw us out of land again?

When the first castle went up all the land was gone within 5 minutes. It is possible that all the lucky people used all their scrolls on land in the first couple castle regions, possibly leaving a bit of land in the very worst parts of the last region . . . but I wouldn't count on it. Especially since it looks like very many people weren't able to get online at all, so there will be a huge rush for any remnants when Trion fixes their poo poo.

I was really hoping to get a house and farm close together somewhere. Anywhere. :(

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Axel Serenity posted:

Reports are saying land is being bought instantly, on multiple plots at once, due to hackers. Like, not even a second. Instantly.

Some dude screenshotted someone selling 10 Large Farms in Auroria on the main forums.

Seriously, anyone expecting to actually drop land should just let go of that dream and accept that you will have to buy a plot with gold to access a feature you paid real money to have.

How do you even get 10 large farms when the plans can't be traded? Did he have 10 accounts logged in at once or something?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Why is THIS the MMO I decide to come to after years of not touching them.

Evidence that the gods love you, and don't want you wasting your life on MMOs.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mimetic posted:

The logic of having a F2P game where one of the biggest perks for subscribing is land ownership, but making land intentionally scarce seems weird to me. Do the Korean/Russian games have the same payment structure?

I heard the Russian servers have a hard restriction of 3 properties (per character? per account?) so hoarding isn't a huge problem. Trion knew about this, but decided the escalating taxes would probably be a good enough disincentive. :ccp:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Guuse posted:

-- After a long period of advertising a November 4th release date for Auroria to give people the chance to arrange time off work if they so chose, switching the Euro release to 9:00 AM GMT on November 5th and not telling anyone until yesterday. I guess they ended up changing it to the less lovely time of 5 pm GMT, but still. :trion:

And now I can't play my euro alt until then, because my copy of the game is not compatible with the euro servers. Oh well, hopefully Trion will fix the problem before they launch, so you guys won't have the hilarious misery the NA launch has had.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DirtyFalcon posted:

Nice to see the circle jerk is still going on.:reddit:

I thought you guys were having fun? We've been having fun.

I never so much as said a mean thing about fishers. Please give back my 500 stone bricks, TIA.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Eonwe posted:

can't wait to see if the goonfuckers end up in the next MMO guild or not

Tricky since we have factions of goons each stridently accusing eachother of being the real goonfuckers. I suggest that no one who played AA be allowed in any goon guild ever again.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Shortest Path posted:

Wow. That's even worse and somehow more depressing than what I thought happened.

The "FC hosed them and ended up with two castles" thing came from a friend who has a friend in Sugoi, though, so I'm not surprised it's kind of entirely wrong.

Definitely glad I wasn't there for any of that, though. Now I probably don't even want to start playing again.

There was some atrocious bitter drama for a few days, but everything seems good now. We're splintered all to hell and will never be a Political Force in this game (at least not in the near future) but that means we don't have to gently caress around with diplomacy at all. I think we still have the freedich deal with FC for running tradepacks, but that seems to be about it.

If you are in a guild with "goon" in the name, then you are KOS at all fishing holes, so goons that love to fish have all left. No more fishing drama. Not having a goon castle means we don't need a guild bank or to channel anything to anyone, so no more drama about guild finances.

We don't have huge numbers, but even with the splintering Goon Squad still has 75 people logged in right this minute. There are things going on. Some people are pirating. Some people are doing thing in Auroria. Some people are griping about Hasla. Some people are off doing their own thing. No stress anymore, just do what you want, whatever is fun for you.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DirtyFalcon posted:

Iceland is actually a pretty neat place. Some of the clearest water in the world.

I found some of your stone bricks ^^

Please send me the stone bricks. I need them for a thing.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Widestancer posted:

I wonder what they think of Black Baby Goku and I if they hate Kimsemus like that.

Probably blame Kewpa for that getting out of hand, really. Goons gonna troll.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tairon posted:

What I don't get is - let's say Kimsemus is responsible for everything people say he is. Hell, lets imagine he is currently out there beating fishermen to death with a rotting marlin husk while cackling maniacally and yelling about fishing pacts and loving goons. Why the hell would you go out of your way and contact people in entirely separate game communities to get him banned from games he may or may not be playing anymore? It's not even petty at this point, that seems like a whole load of effort for a chance it may be annoying. Jesus gently caress goons, come on. Play video games, have fun.

That is the implicit threat in all goon guilds though. You have a collection of people who enjoy griefing and generally ruining fun for other people, you encourage these antics, and then you give them the keys to ruining goon fun. The only tool The Brotherhood of the Tenbux has to discourage them from ruining goon fun is that if they do they won't be able to play with goons anymore.

Obviously it's not that great of a tool since you can literally get kicked for being a creepy pedo and then get into other goon guilds a few years later. Or on the other side a sperg can accuse you of being a goonfucker and get you kicked from other games on their word alone. It is what it is. :shrug:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Axel Serenity posted:

It's almost like Eve-style diplomacy was unsustainable in a game about piracy! Better take the high road here and steal guild supplies while getting people kicked in completely separate games because my libertarian fish utopia was never going to work long run. Actually having competition and working for fish was just too drat hard.

It totally could have worked. It just didn't work with only a couple months to pull things together, and a never-ending drama train.

As neither a fisher nor a pirate, the problem seems to have been communication. There was a public rule "don't gently caress with fishers who are fishing with/near goons" and a ~secret~ rule "don't gently caress with fishers at all until after Auroria launches". Kis was absent from the leadership meetings that discussed the secret rule, so he broke it and while doing it ignored anyone who told him he was breaking the rules, because he only knew about the public rule. I feel bad for the fishers that goon fishing was ruined, but it doesn't rise to level of "goonfucking" to me.

Keeping the real rule secret because OPSEC was a mistake. Yes, some goons would have bitched about a fishing pact that gave pubbie fishers a free pass on the high seas, but the goon pirates would probably have grumbled and still grudgingly restricted themselves to pirating reds for a couple weeks.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ragnoxiii posted:

Don't feel bad about the fishers, they left for greener pastures and are having plenty of fun. Now Goons can feel free to pirate fishers and fishers can feel free to to kill them without a pesky thing like a common guild tag getting in the way. Having to wear the same tag was the biggest problem fishers had with the pirates.

Honestly despite my lack of success at joining fishing raids, I was on fishers side. Goon guilds are about goons having fun. These two kinds of goon fun directly conflict with each other. Either goons stop fishing completely or pirates severely reduce their choice of targets, it seemed like pirates taking one for the team would be the more fair solution.

Then the fishers left and stole my 500 stone bricks. :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Stealing stuff pubbies donated is meh, but stealing stuff actual goons donated for a specific purpose really is goonfucking.

• Locked thread