Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ruffz posted:

It could somehow become the best MMO on the market and still I doubt I'd come back because of how Trion has handled everything. Probably the worst PR I've seen in an MMO yet.

right, the game is good but trion is poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PCOS Bill posted:

I bought more credits

i slammed my dick in a door

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think thats Tera, but they are really adults in the bodies of sexy children so its cool

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My own time is worthless so when I sell stuff I view it as pure profit. AAA+ would timesink again

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PCOS Bill posted:

I wonder if people are going to get banned when there's largescale ship to ship PvP and someone can't move their boat out from the mass of boats

It's probably depends on which parties have spent the most money

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DancingShade posted:

So since blocking was the only fun thing and that's now gone because a GM got their cart blocked and became butthurt, no point ever logging back into this poo poo heap.

I wonder how long the remaining whales will stick around due to sunk cost?

until star citizen comes out. So never?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PCOS Bill posted:

I opened a second account and fed it two APEX today

lol casual

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was being facetious when I said someone that was playing the game enough to feel a need to open a 2nd "premium account" was casual.

If you feel the need to defend your decision like so it says plenty.

You are an adult and free to choose whatever hobby you want.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Galaxy Pig posted:

So, tell me about the griefing that goes on in this game. :3

months after you remove your payment info they continue to charge your card. Its excellent griefing.

Their anti-cheat put out more false-positives than actual detections. You cant talk to customer support without an active premium account so if you were caught in a banwave you needed to pay for a new account just to get help. What a bunch of griefers!

If you used the rocket boost ability on a certain common mount off a tall cliff the game would detect you were moving too fast for too long and suspend you for speedhacking or teleporting. This is in a game that encourages climbing up high and jumping off tall stuff.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Nov 28, 2015

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
finally someone listened

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Degs posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot about the rampant client-side hacking poo poo. That's also why I quit FF14 (though I hear they fixed all that).

Devs so trusting.

lol yeah that stuff cant be fixed when its the engine that allows it. All you can do get better at detecting it. The more measures you put in place the more often you will falsely flag legitimate players.

FF14 and AA are still wide open to hacking compared to a game like WoW

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SumYungGui posted:

How is gear score calculated in this game, is it in dollars or euros?

wool

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Byolante posted:

Game is dead because all security checks and calcs are client side so hacking is rampant, thats XL's fault

xl fixed a lot of the hacks, but never included the fixes into the early patches they gave trion. Thats why all the hacks and exploits that no longer worked on the korean servers worked on the trion launch. They are both terrible and at fault

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im still not banned and i hacked TONS

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eltoasto posted:

I really just log on to pay taxes at the moment.

that sounds thrilling, have you tried shooting yourself in the dick?

Im jk all video games are a monster waste of time but its your time to waste.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meskhenet posted:

my most recent speculation is that trion originally merged server based not off population but on number of whales on the server.

do you think they are trying to group them to trigger a biggest dick spend off or separate them so they can each feel like the biggest whale on their server?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bait and Swatch posted:

I can't wait for the pedos to pop back up.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bird food bathtub posted:

Is hacking still childishly easy to do and impossible to detect because every, single, last, thing, is client side or did they completely rewrite their client and server and netcode?

yes, you can still edit your hp, buffs, move speed, inventory via cheat engine. Trion is still running an old cheat protection software that was long ago cracked wide open. You just run an extra .exe with the game to turn it off. All they did was put triggers in place to detect if you were doing things you shouldnt be able to do. Resulting in more false positive than actual hacker bans. Such as delivering too many trade packs in 1 hour.

As long as you are never very good at any aspect of the game, you wont be flagged

7/8 my hacking accounts are still unbanned, I duped the item that lets you buy game time. I planted trees under the ocean floor, and I teleported around killing people from underground stealing their tradepacks with all of the accounts. The one I got banned for was from flying around unreleased zones.

I check back into the game every few months to top off my game time, but its such a hacker's paradise its not even fun

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 7, 2016

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Innerguard posted:

So for those that play archeage still, what are the housing zones like at present?

can you still put up custom art on the walls? I enjoyed no clipping into peoples pedo basements, reporting them and then checking back a week later to see they still werent banned.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you retards and the game deserve each other

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
on the other hand, it was pretty easy to cheat in ff15. I had to hold off on getting the world first for the first 5? bosses in the bahumat content because it was so easy to no clip through the floor and disable the bosses while your party could still hit him.

If anyone was in my ifrit and garuda grps I ran as "GyaruGal" hit me up, I wouldnt mind ruining a new MMO

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Facebook Aunt posted:

Credits attach to your account, not your character. So you could sell all your saleable stuff on the old server for gold, use the gold to buy to buy APEX off the auction house, convert the APEX to credits on your account, and then roll a new character with access to thousands of 'old' credits. Then use those credits to buy privileges on the new server.

This way if you want to buy privileges on the new server you'll have to spend new cash money. And probably some nonsense about fairness.

they are only doing this poo poo because the whales get pissy when the free players start to catch up. A fresh start is really the best time to spend tons of real money

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im sure its not actually new and they just failed to fix it from when it happened on the korean servers.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
remember when you could dupe by opening apex really fast and cancelling the scroll bar? What a quality game.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah but you arent spending any actual money so its basically free. You are actually coming out ahead considering how much apex you buy with in game gold.

All it costs is all your free time.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MercyfulFate posted:

I tried scouring the thread to no avail, but are there any goon groups or just some people to help a guy out/play with me? I like the game, I made it to max level on an old account that I gave away, but I gave up because ultimately it's kinda Korean complex and I couldn't get anyone to show me the ropes. I fresh started and am loving it, just putting the feelers out for buddies or a guild. My name is Shoryuken in game, feel free to hit me up.

is there only 1 fresh start server? will they just keep doing it as long as it makes money.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Play the new Conan game. It lets you pick dick size and it has ballsack physics

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the balls are much too bouncy and pendulous, they spent too much time looking at old balls IMO

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im surprised any payment processors work with them with how many chargebacks they get. You would think any payment would be auto-flagged as fraudulent by now

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well the worst part of the game was the company running it so that does sound pretty good

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im waiting for fresh start 7.0

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

Don't forget the time their 3rd party anti-cheat that didn't work BSODed certain OS versions for weeks :smuggo:

to be fair it never worked, and caused more false positives than catches.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was on azenreb and I did make a fortune. Mostly from stealing trees from other hackers

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thats the mobile game looking one right, no way. Too easy to hack, i looked into it. Not storing health and buffs client side easy, but very little in the way of anticheat preventing stuff like dupes and speedhack. Its only worth doing when its hard enough to keep out the casuals. AA you had to at least compile your own version of the anticheat and then you could do almost anything without getting flagged.

Im waiting for the Dark of Camelot reboot MMO

does anyone have any of my screenshots from AA? Im trying to convince a friend it was really that bad and he doesnt believe me

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 9, 2017

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

I'll find some, I think I have screenshots of your massive underwater forest of Aspen Trees.

thats the one im trying to find. The guy i stole logs from rolled a character on our side just to call me a thief. He was totally going to put a virus on my computer through knowing my characters name

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What did pcos bill do this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this thing where you can read all the posts but it still says I have 5 unread is extremely disconcerting. Please restart the thread, thanks

• Locked thread