Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009
"Also it may be a bit easier to explain my background with audio. I am a musician. I play the drums. I also sell high end audio and home theater. I am used to the best."
I have to say I admire imp zone's ability to keep its eye on the prize in this thread and the previous ones. You guys don't skip a beat, Great job.

To clarify a few things, the majority of people left not because of fishing but because most people who cared about the guild were not getting anywhere because of various setbacks that effectively neutered their ability to get anything done. Examples BFM and the surrounding drama, SCT leaving, Dodgy being gone for several weeks( hope things are going better for you man), Kimsemus directly defying other officers wishes, etc. We had made considerable progress in spite of dodgy being gone in getting the guild prepared for auroria. That is why you saw so much energy being pumped into fishing. The reality is that it was means to an end. People were trying to get money so that they could get gear and in turn so that they could do what we, the officers, had asked of them. This of course was that they be prepared for Auroria.
Kimsemus was told by multiple officers not to pirate in the areas where goon fishers were known to be unless explicitly requested by them. This was supposed to last until Auroria. What he did instead was directly the opposite and when called out, again multiple officers, he proceeded to goon gently caress like none other. A metaphorical game of "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you, im not touching you!". Taters, getting control of the guild had nothing to do with the splintering and in fact is what quite a blessing. He realized that Kimsemus was destructive to the guild which was why he was immediately kicked( also due to the fact that he is a complete tool). For a split second we had real goon unity and we absolutely stomped Freedich and anyone who opposed us. We pushed 2 or 3 merchant ships full of packs in a matter of minutes. It was incredible and I was really hopeful that we might be able to get it back on track. Once that concluded we were essentially back to the way things were and everyone proceeded to make mountains out of nothing. The result of all of this bullshit was that those of us who really wanted to see the guild progress became so burnt out that we just didn't give a gently caress anymore. I really wish all of you could have seen and heard the amount of positive discourse we had two weeks ago about the future of the guild in mumble and officers chat on the offsite. Things were really looking up until this whole fishing drama poo poo happened.

That is why you saw a mass exodus of the real movers and shakers of the guild to wicked or other guilds. The irony of it all is that the same people who complained about the guild not doing anything were the ones being vocally disruptive. In the end, we all lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009
"Also it may be a bit easier to explain my background with audio. I am a musician. I play the drums. I also sell high end audio and home theater. I am used to the best."

Third World Reggin posted:

why did you do that

Because I was bored waiting for my flight.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

GreatestNerdEver posted:

fyi we were sitting in mumble laughing (with taters) as he kicked kimsemus and gave jerkjerk leader so good luck with your GOON UNITY

fishers being whiny babies caused all this nonsense, it has zero to do with kimsemus

Haha ok.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Morglon posted:

Let me tell you how much the fishing spergs are not at fault, not spergs and in fact really awesome by typing all these words. Also I am super not mad and it is in fact Kimsemus who is so buttmad and jealous of our success and furthermore

That's a good summary. Thanks man.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

GreatestNerdEver posted:

Go ahead and ask taters, or anyone in the CTS mumble that night. Contrary to popular fisherman belief, there is not some giant conspiracy spun from a web of lies.

You are right I am agreeing with you.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Aleth posted:

Pretty sure he means the 'leadership' in general, not Dodgy who is understandably not around right now.

Not too mention that literally every commander, morbid, adhinko, Kimsemus, stormgale, etc. went away or dormant at the same time and the officers were like what the gently caress do we do now. Don't get me wrong I am actually happy that all this happened because I like many others was not enjoying the game anymore. Leading goons is awful and unrewarding. Now I can go back to just being a decent healer and filling bars. I just wanted to set the records straight for the goons that are reading this thread and not hell bent on trolling the poo poo out of it.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Morglon posted:

I don't want to say I told you so but that's exactly what happens when you make Riyott an officer.

Riyott was staff (not an officer, could not kick or demote) and had very little power. He was a bit over zealous at times but he meant well. Post more about things you don't know about.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Morglon posted:

I am sorry I forgot that this is something awful and internet super serious forum where everybody is serious all the time and nobody ever makes jokes or uses irony because we're all super serious.

Look at that back pedaling.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Morglon posted:

Okay apparently you don't know the guy or read the off site at all because that joke has been going for at least a year or two.

Lol.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

there is aagoons and then some private aagoons officer area

normal people never got to see anything in the officer area and apparently that information didn't easily get out, to include any good or optimistic things

I find this hilarious considering Tdad, myself and nagamitsu as well as a few others were pretty much blasting it in gchat and irc and the offsite. I think there were even a few posts on here. We stated that we had multiple officer meetings on planning and implementation. The large pack moving that we did with preph for getting charcoal to gear up goons was a direct result of this. gently caress I even put it in all caps in gchat multiple times. We had qlso mentioned that turtledad was going to be the next glead. I guess it's easy to throw those sanctimonious blinders on.

Edit: once again we have an example of people spouting nonsense when they have no idea what they are talking about.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

Certainly didn't stop you guys from taking all this with you when you left, you know, for the good of the guild. :smugdog:

Ahahahahahahahah. Says the commander who went away for over a week only to come back because we called you out on it. That is rich. YOU are one of the leaders they are talking about lol.

Also the original plan was to have another meeting on Friday the 31st to see where we were and to see if dodgy had passed lead yet. Everything hinged on us getting guild lead back because we couldn't do much as far restructuring and reorganizing without it. The next course of action was to either reform or continue if we got glead from dodgy. Shortly after the officers meeting we were going to have a state of the goonion. Obviously that didn't happen because the guild imploded Thursday night. This is why a bunch of us were so upset with Kimsemus and his goonfucking because he made zero attempt to help with any of this or even ask about it in the first place. He simply was not around and didn't make it to either of the oficer meetings nor did he listen to what we asked. The fishing thing was just a big gently caress you to the rest of the officers.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

i am tim! posted:

Here's what I'm taking away from this as somebody who never played this game and has no ties to anything going on other than the amusing poo poo-show that is this thread: You are equating

A: Jacking a bunch of materials you were holding for your organization, that your organization had collected, when you decided you didn't like being in the organization anymore. (Admittedly, I wouldn't want to be in the organization anymore.)
B: A guy in a leadership position not leading people in the video game for a week.

Gotta say, that's kinda pathetic and smacks of "IT'S HIS FAULT I STOLE IT, OFFICER, HE LEFT IT THERE UNATTENDED!" Not that I don't think Kimsemus wasn't deliberately antagonizing the Fishing crew, I'm 99.99999% certain he was breaking those rules where he felt he could get away with them and then claiming he wasn't and he'd have every reason to keep lying about it here if it's true. Guy was pissed at fish, who can blame him?

Not me, because that fish pact thing sounds loving boring.

I had this same conversation in irc and But I definitely did not run off with the guild "bank" or the castle mats so I don't know where you got that idea. I was merely making posts to clarify things as there is quite a bit of misinformation going around and people making a lot of assumptions so I figuredi I would provide some insight since people in this thread seemed to be in the dark. Huge goonfucking here.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

no friend! just respect gaming and add imp zone pals on steam, thats all!

I like l4d2 can I play with you guys?

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Tanreall posted:

The only thing DBRB did was tell us that Deadtear was going to stir up BFM past to get him banned from SA and kicked from Goon Squad. If you want to thank anyone thank Deadtear.

Always blame deadtear. Always.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

its hilarious because they are pretty brave on IRC/Mumble/in-game but they rarely post here and avoid any discussion regarding what happened

Hmmm I wonder why that is....
This fishing poo poo really is getting silly. I do enjoy seeing Kimsemus get kicked out of things though so I am torn.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Axel Serenity posted:

oh no how will Kimsemus live a fulfilling life without playing EVE?! :ohdear:

Ship spinning and mining in hi-sec obviously

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

its because when the BFM drama was going on, idiots got poo poo on for saying dumb things

now when people are getting Kimsemus kicked from other guilds, they are getting poo poo on for being big dumb assholes, maybe thats why

if they didn't do dumb things the imp zone would be loving done with this thread, I hope you realize that

Come on man lets be real here. They don't post because you guys have pretty much owned this thread and will poo poo on anyone who has a different view whether they are informed or not.
I am immune to your shenanigans so I keep posting(poorly).

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

why? is it because youre just as petty and childish as the rest of the fishing goons?

All goons are petty and childish. What are you saying?

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

It is pretty easily actually.

Kimsemus tried for a solution when werkwerk and I showed up.
The fishers did not and kept repeating the history of fishing even when asked not to.
Kimsemus left the guild voluntarily to prevent issues.
The fishers not satisfied, after a few days also left.

One side acted much more reasonable when sat down and asked to find a solution.

The other side is a collection of the following
"No one will ever respect you because you are level 1"
"You guys are just imp zone trolls"
"You haven't suffered enough to lead the guild"
"You haven't helped out enough in this game, screw other games with goons"
I will get you banned from any goon group I can
We worked so hard and all of our plans were thrown away. No we would not like to work together from now on.
We want the old fishing rules back. So they are still in effect? *continues to complain for 30 minutes*
"You kicked my family member, I'm outie. I took the guild bank with me"
"I didn't want to be guild leader except the officers having decided that I will be guild leader, let me leave with all the castle materials"
"You didn't respond to me fast enough. I don't care if people were constantly messaging you about fishing and you were busy."
"Kimsemus is the real goon fucker here, not all these guys who actively hosed the guild and refused to work together"

For the most part, the people who had issues, and therefor created drama, left when they didn't get their way even when things they asked for were agreed upon. When asked to work towards the future, they left. The pvp group said the future sounded cool and hip.

That's som pretty fantastic revisionist posting there. Might as well write up some slash fanfic about Ballista and Kimsemus while you are at it. That'd be more believable.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Nah I think that's pretty accurate and all of you are ridiculously petty. You guys are so delusional its impossible to argue with your though.

I don't know who you are or what you think I've done but you seem to have a negative opinion about everything I say. What's wrong buddy? Did I do something to upset you? I am willing to make amends.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Way back when on warhammer online, since so many people wanted to be officer, I offered it to anyone who wrote self inserted slash fan fic.

We then had a goon in GBS read them out loud.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3247314&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post370373924

Didn't dbrb do some readings on a couple of ops in eve?

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

I really only tried to work with the leadership from the moment true leadership emerged. What existed before jerkjerk/Reggin wasn't guild leadership, it was a bunch of lobbyist PVE officers that happily sacrificed half the guild and the content they wanted to line their pockets with worthless internet currency.

Fishing goons have basically gotten me kicked from any ancillary community I've been a part of in SA. Star Citizen, TMC, EVE goons, etc.

People like Midge, or Malakesh, or whoever can sit there and go smugsmugsmug, look at us, we really showed him.

Except, I don't loving care. I fought the good fight. The way I see it, you guys cashed me out of Star Citizen while the going was good, and I don't even play EVE anymore. So uh, good job. If I ever do play EVE again (doubtful), I'll just rejoin NCdot, because unlike midge and others, 98% of people on the internet are not petty autists who get so loving raged about a video game they go and try to trash my rep in other games. Because it's nothing personal -- it's just business.

Ever since you, Midge, and the other fishing goons left, it's been like a dream in Goonswarm. No drama, no hate, just fun.

I'm hated by some EVE goons because I hate pedophiles and took a stand against them. I wear that like a badge of honor. I'm hated by some random nobody MMO goons because I'm a big internet meanie that tries to PVP in a PVP-centric game. Good. I don't do it for you -- I do it for the other 95% of goons that have fun and enjoy content. Maybe you'll learn not to follow EVE-director tough guy idiots like Gicir and learn to run diplomacy in games at above an elementary level.

You haven't done anything at all to hurt me, you've only liberated me further to do what I do best -- PVP in PVP games. You now, stupidly, have no leverage over me, just like you lost all your leverage to fish in peace when you idiots left for Wicked.

It could have been something as simple as my not logging in for almost 2 months really, but I'm curious.

:toot:

There he is! I was waiting for this post. You really are as clueless as I thought you were. Apparently I got you kicked out of goon community's now. This is funny considering I have done no such thing and I don't even have an active subscription in eve. I am just voicing my distaste for a person who clearly has a complete disregard for other people's goals or wishes. Which apparently is a big no no unless you are in imp zone. You keep fighting the "good" fight. You did what you wanted to in a leadership position and then acted non chalantly like you did nothing rather than owning up to the fact that you were being a douuche. That is why you got kicked out and that is why you are still being hosed with. It's really funny that whenever someone voices opposition towards you, you immediately take the stance of "oh they must be a pedo apologist." A rational person would have realized that they might have done something wrong at this point and own up to it. I guess we can't expect that from a person who has literally done the online equivalent of throwing a temper tantrum.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Axel Serenity posted:

Since when is slash fan fiction a mistake?

First thing we've agreed on all thread.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

*pops knuckles*

This made me lol at work. I am so behind on this thread!

Edit: Guess we'll just have to let bygoons be bygoons and sweep it all under the rug like that wonderful gif.

Malakesh fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Nov 7, 2014

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

qnqnx posted:

You and the pedos wish could do so, bitch

:eyepop:

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Widestancer posted:

So is hackshield still giving everyone grief?

I seem to still crash every once in a while from it. usually in the form of ctd.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Thunderbro posted:

malakesh you really make my day you'd fit right in at ringley barnum & bailey with your cute little clown antics :pedo:

This just seemed like a half assed excuse to use that smiley. Good job I guess.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Angela Christine posted:

Stealing stuff pubbies donated is meh, but stealing stuff actual goons donated for a specific purpose really is goonfucking.

Yea it sucks. I too donated a bunch of stone. I don't think they had a running tally of who donated what.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Axel Serenity posted:

lol at fishers who think they couldn't have continued fishing with PVP when the real issue is that it just would have taken more effort and they would make only Richie Rich-esque money instead of Scrooge McDuckian money

Your metaphors are spot on. Please post more.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Axel Serenity posted:

maybe but I didn't start playing EVE until the whole TEST war thing started so I can't really comment on how it was early on :iiam:

I know AA at least plays faster than one frame per minute when poo poo goes down so there's that

Ah that explains your ignorance. you missed the majority of the glory days, when bitter vets were actually bitter vets.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Red Dwarf best dwarf.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

All I can think of now is the cat going "drat! I look good!"

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Widestancer posted:

Whatever else may happen you have good taste in TV

Haha thanks. Red dwarf and are you being served are probably my favorite British shows of all time. Top gear and mr bean come in a close second.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Tanreall posted:

Whoa you need to watch Peep Show and then reevaluate your list.

Forgot to add flying circus for obvious reasons. Is peep show on Netflix or do I have to :filez: it?

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Blazolie posted:

in non-duping news, i heard through the grapevine that fishing goons hate girl havers. takes focus away from all the fishing, i guess??

x: all the pubbies in wicked are always talking about their girlfriends
x: and the goons that joined got so butthurt because of that
x: they tried to shoot it down and then like 5 other wicked pubbies started talking about their girlfriends
x: and then one or two of the girlfriends started talking in comms to defend themselves
x: and now goons are segregated to their own channels, but that's not even surprising

glug posted:

IDK I'm in the wicked fishing channel now and we're laughing at this.

Yea... This is pretty dumb and a really lovely troll attempt. Most of the wicked goons intermingle with the non goons quite a bit(especially wicked fishers) and I would wager that over half of us have wives, fiancées(myself included), and girlfriends based on some of the conversations we've had. They(wicked pubbies) are all pretty chill people and easy to get along with. The quote about being segregated is hilarious. Name and shame the dumb poo poo who gave you that information.

tatersyum posted:

To be fair, fishing goons were segregated to their own channel from the start since hardly anyone from Wicked fished when they joined.

Yea I think this was the case at the beginning but has changed quite a bit since then.

Malakesh fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 17, 2014

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Lol

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

man

you think a thread has given all it can give

and yet, here we are looking for drama where there is none so we have to make up poo poo.

Fixed this for you.

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

:eyepop:

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Widestancer posted:

Oh hey this poo poo again

Yep. It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it.
The gang is all back together! Now we just need an angry post from extra or one of the others.

Malakesh fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malakesh
Nov 4, 2009

Morglon posted:

Much like the gathering of wool.

Make sure you get goat wool. My spreadsheet tells me it is better.

• Locked thread