Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Spent the last 4 days playing Beyond Earth and I come back to a gassed thread. Awesome.

What is the exact time the servers will be up on 4/11 for Auroria? I play on Oceanic time, so I'll probably need to take a day off from work if I'm going to participate.

I've been able to make some nice bank by buying Arcane Conqueror gear off the AH, upgrading it to Illustrious for under ~50g, and then selling the result for at least 100g profit. It's slower than fishing and is vulnerable to the whimsies of the market, but it hasn't failed me yet.

It has allowed me to buy 2 pieces of Arcane Magnificent gear and 2 pieces Heroic Magnificent and I don't have to fish so I'm happy. Now all I need is to run GHA several hundred more times so I can get heroic version of the leather gear, which never seems to loving drop. Everyone on Oceanic primetime is either too lazy to run GHA, or we can't find a healer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Arcade posted:

Yeah but it's not something you can do constantly. There's just not that much arcane conquerors gear on the AH, and when there is it's not always a good deal.

I agree it's definitely risky, and I've only been able to make a good profit due to luck and people being stupid on the AH. I've crafted 10 pieces of Illustrious gear - 4 desert, 2 lightning, 2 squall and 2 typhoon.

Morglon posted:

That is if you believe the 100g profit margin, I've had trouble selling heroic desert 44 plate and am thus having trouble with the quoted number.

Edit: add to that that if you end up with lake or sunset nobody will buy it. There are maybe two or three people in the entire game who play classes that use int plate.

I only sell leather, and the market for that is definitely bigger, what with all the primevals and darkrunners around.

Also, some of the world bosses require healers wearing plate (at least the Grimghast one does), so there might be a small market for Int plate. But all in all, Lake/Sunset plate is probably not gonna net you a lot of money.

For me, the biggest benefit is being able to make money more or less passively. I can put something up on the AH for 24 hours and then go off and do arenas or GHA, and don't have to spend time watching a donkey or a fishing rod. If it sells then I get to upgrade a piece of gear, if it doesn't I relist it and carry on with my random murder of mans.

Zakmonster fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Oct 29, 2014

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Morglon posted:

Well fair enough but for both plate and cloth there are combinations so simply don't want. Since they moved healing to Spirit anything with int is one of them. Won't do poo poo for you except it's cheap and gives you a little extra mana but there are only like two or three viable combinations that use int plate like the Skull Knight and barely anybody plays those. Honestly I'd still play a Templar if the items had the stats for it but besides random drops spirit plate just isn't a thing.

2 out of 4 Illustrious Plate types are pretty crap, I grant you that.

But the 4 Illustrious Cloth types all look decent. Each has a combination of Stam/Int/Spirit which I can see every cloth wearer wanting to have to some degree. I mean, its not like there's a Desert cloth set.

Man, just by looking at the possible combinations of stats on crafted plate gear, Plate wearers get shafted something fierce. Is there supposed to be some sort of Plate-wearing caster class in the game I don't know about? Or is it a result of the +healing stat nerf/fix that happened?

Fauxtool posted:

what is this bullshit? Having a light argument by calmly presenting facts and opinions?
This is not the thread I love :reddit:

I'm sorry. Maybe you should come back next week, when someone else decides to melt down.

Zakmonster fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Oct 29, 2014

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Speaking of castle mats, wasn't a majority of the stone we had mined and donated by that GSA pubbie who managed to get into Goon Squad? He's still in the guild, so I think you should give him back all his stone.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Malakesh posted:

I find this hilarious considering Tdad, myself and nagamitsu as well as a few others were pretty much blasting it in gchat and irc and the offsite. I think there were even a few posts on here. We stated that we had multiple officer meetings on planning and implementation. The large pack moving that we did with preph for getting charcoal to gear up goons was a direct result of this. gently caress I even put it in all caps in gchat multiple times. We had qlso mentioned that turtledad was going to be the next glead. I guess it's easy to throw those sanctimonious blinders on.

Edit: once again we have an example of people spouting nonsense when they have no idea what they are talking about.

To be fair, I play on a vastly different timezone than you (and the rest of the Goons you mentioned) do. So much so that I've never seen you online, except on the weekends, maybe.

So if you were doing all of this stuff, I never saw it, and I'm guessing there's a bunch of other people who didn't see it either.

No castle? No big deal. I would probably not have been involved in the initial castle rush, so I wasn't very invested in it and having a castle isn't even going to affect my gameplay very much.

From my perspective, all I see are a bunch of white people getting angry over a video game.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Nien posted:

Game is no good. If the explanations about how you get a castle and having 50k mining guys do poo poo while the pvp juggernauts defend them and you can't literally do any thing against the guy in higher tier gear have not convinced you. Then i guarantee the fact that higher tier gear requires something well beyond the parameters of sanity will. Well then.

D3 is pretty good now.

I was playing D3 before this game launched. Fun yeah, but it still suffers from some glaring scaling and balance issues.

RNG is much more forgiving in D3, though, so that's a thing.

EDIT: Any MMO I pick up from now on, I have to play on a PvP server, though. Ganking is too much fun, I don't know how I survived being a PvE carebear all this time.

Zakmonster fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Nov 3, 2014

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Normalization of gliders sounds like a really dumb idea. Not sure what the reasoning behind them is, but with the difficulty of getting some of the gliders, they should honestly have some kind of advantage over the 4g ones everyone else has.

Same applies to all the crafted costumes that lost their stats, but still have the same requirements to create.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
I decided to sleep instead of logging on this morning because land rushing Auroria isn't as cool as watching Tom Cruise do it in Far and Away.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Been at work the entire day, reading this trainwreck of an event and enjoying every moment of pubbies (and Valor) getting salty over all the things.

Grats to all the goons who managed to nab land/castles.

Their QA for the fix started 10 minutes ago or something, according to the official forums. If that 6-hour deadline is to be believed, it means I'll be able to log on around 1130pm local time.

Thanks a lot Trion, I guess I'll play Warframe tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Ghetto Prince posted:

Thanks, that helped a lot , bought 2 arcanes for around 300 each and regraded them with the scrolls+charms. It was still cheaper than if I'd just bought one heroic.

I've been buying cheap pieces of Magnificent leather (under 400g) and then relisting them for at least 100g profit. Best to buy on weekends and sell on weekdays.

• Locked thread