Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Broshevik posted:

Hello I am a normal person who would like to play this role playing game without having sex with children, I would like to know if that's possible.

Yes. Join Goon Squad and play with all the other goons that have nothing to do with this ridiculous poo poo and just want to enjoy the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Didn't someone in one of the previous thread write a big post about diving and the titles that came with it? If anyone has a link to that I'd appreciate it since info related to this stuff is pretty hard to find.

Nerevar Indoril posted:

Just started playing a few days ago on Aranzeb, what guild do I apply to? I skimmed the last thread enough to know about the drama, so is Goon Squad still who I should apply to?

Goon Squad is the largest and most active guild on Aranzeb. Most of the idiots have been weeded out so its fine now. The officers are willing to stamp out anyone that acts like a moron now.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It was pretty silly all things considered, given that 3 guilds got into a huge sea battle over a grand total of zero packs. Hell I think the only ship casualty was Unji's clipper.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
From what I understand, Customer Support is basically the entire pirate faction now. They all banded together under one guild to accomplish stuff more effectively since there are barely any of them. So if you go pirate on Aranzeb your options are join Customer Support or get hosed. No idea how they feel towards people that just want the titles, or how difficult it would even be to get the the titles without joining them.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 29, 2014

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Fishing goons legitimately do not understand why they need to be ready for PvP when fishing in the middle of a PvP area. Its hilarious.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hey guys, nobody is saying you aren't allowed to fish. You just need to be ready to defend yourselves now rather than just dieing at the first sign of resistance.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Blockades are art.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Eonwe posted:

Maybe if, despite the fact that Taters & SCT are really good buds, Taters had kicked Kimsemus and told him specifically why we wouldn't be having this conversation. But at it stands, he won't even respond about it.

Yeah I'd like to here an actual reason for Kim being kicked other than a petty grudge because he didn't break any rules. Personally I find it really weird that Taters rejoins, everyone praises him in guild chat while he says nothing, then he quietly kicks Kimsemus and won't answer anyone asking why he did it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I honestly don't even know what is going on at this point. I'd like to think its not further drama over the BFM poo poo since I was hoping that had finally been sorted out but I'm not familiar with Taters role in that. If it isn't though, then people are getting seriously hostile over loving fish. Goon Squad gets billed as a chill group that isn't super spergy then people go on and have violently heated arguments over the most petty stuff. Either way this is some of the dumbest crap I've seen in awhile.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

What games have you ever played where this is true

I actually haven't played with any goons in an MMO before. I just remember when I read the OP it sounded like a fun game where goons had a strong presence but also dicked around with fun shenanigans and piracy. And sometimes that is true, but the rest of the time its the most idiotic drama I've ever seen.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I asked Tatters to explain himself in guild chat rather than quietly ignoring all this and he responds by kicking me and several others from the guild.

Great job destroying your own guild goons. This game could of been fun :thumbsup:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'd like to know why asking for an explanation for some JUST being kicked qualifies as "bringing up past drama". One hour is the loving past now?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If you want an invite to GOONFLEET message Vekraken ingame and I'll get you in. I'll be sticking here unless the main guild somehow cleans up its act, which sure as hell isn't happening with Tater running around.

Eonwe posted:

The hilarious thing is that by Taters kicking Kimsemus, presumably over the fishing pact that he didn't violate, he now has a guild name with Goon in it and he can attack fishers without a pact period. Way to ruin your own pact you dipshits.

Yeah really if you thought Kimsemus was "goonfucking" before you're in for a rude awakening because now he can sink whoever he wants whenever he wants. And it doesn't matter how few of us there are because goon fishers literally never loving defend themselves.

I'm half tempted to try cruising around solo and seeing if I can catch anyone.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
New guild leader actually taking a stance and telling people they're being loving idiots. Maybe there is hope for Goon Squad afterall.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

balistafreak posted:

Later, I was taking our raid gliding into the ocean only to spot a clipper randomly in the middle of the ocean. Realizing we'd never have another chance like this, we spiraled down and took 95% fall damage drops right on top of their clipper. Fortunately for us, our targets were a pair of confused mid-30s who stared at us confounded while our fallstun timed out, then died in three hits each By the way, they had packs. We turned them in for gilda at Cinderstone to deny them anything.

poo poo like this is what makes me want to keep playing this game. It was a ton of fun even if we accomplished very little due to both bad luck and our own incompetence. Then when we get back to port the first thing I hear is more people in guild chat whining over loving fishing. Then I realize all our resources have been stolen and a bunch of our big ships are gone as well.

A bunch of these people were crying about us goonfucking by pirating greens, then they go and take everything the guild gave them and gently caress off to join Wicked or something. The amount of hypocrisy is ludicrous.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its really sad because all fishing goons had to do was man up and stop letting themselves get rolled. During the prime of fishing in this guild, we had a ridiculous number of goons out in the ocean. That many people could EASILY defend themselves from a pirate raid unless it was truly massive. Fishing goons just needed to grow a spine. Stop fishing with their off spec. Be ready to fight and react to pirates. Instead they would just sit there and get picked off one by one because they can't handle PvP at all.

Like, the difference between pirating green fishers and red fishers is jarring. When we went after red fishers today, they didn't panic and die instantly. We missed several marks because they responded intelligently. They didn't sit in the water waiting to die like greens would. If our guild had learned how to fish like they do, we would of been fine. Instead tons of people went berserk over their easy money train requiring a little more effort now.

I guess the few goon fishers we do have left genuinely are pretty hosed since we no longer have the numbers to fish effectively, but that's not my fault. Blame all the kind goons that decided to bail on the guild and take all their supplies with them. I really wouldn't be surprised if we don't have a single fishing boat now.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SumYungGui posted:

You know none of this has anything to do with why they left, right?

The drama that started all this was Kimsemus leading a raid that conflicted with the interests of fishing goons so I have no idea what the gently caress you think caused this.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm not an mmo goon so I know nothing about Werkwerk but so far he hasn't destroyed the guild. The entire reason I came back after being kicked was because he said in mumble that his new guild policy was basically "don't be a loving retard and stop taking this game so seriously". That sounded good to me, so I figured maybe the guild had hope. Regardless, everyone taking their fancy stuff and leaving us in the dust has done way more to set the guild back than anything Werkwerk could do at this point short of disbanding it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

JackDRipper posted:

The fact is I would gladly give the bank to any goon that has suffered for the last month and wanted to step up and take charge.

Alright give it to Balista then. Or any other active goon that has nothing to do with this leadership fuckery and just wants the guild to succeed.

Also maybe if you don't want your friend to get kicked you should tell him to stop being racist.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
At this point Forest Crow is just gonna steamroll anyone that gets a castle at the first opportunity. Amusingly, if goons did get a castle we would of lost it right away since FC was dead set on blowing it up. Now we won't get one so instead Wicked is going to lose their castle instead. People call FC spergs but they actually get poo poo done and I'm sure they don't have ridiculous guild destroying arguments over MAH FISHING!!! :byodood:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
West is more populated than east, so they are restricting character creation in an attempt to make more people get involved in the east. I think its a pretty lovely thing to do right before Auroria though and I doubt it will affect much in the long run.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its not like Goon Squad has any reason not to gently caress with Wicked. What do we need allies for when all we can do is mess around? Maybe we wouldn't kill fishing goons if they hadn't acted like children and stolen guild supplies when they left.

VVV Those goons abandoned the guild and stole supplies from it after whining endlessly, and you expect pirates to not murder them? :confused:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 2, 2014

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
"I don't like Valor but how dare you guys murder them for profit in this pvp game! :qq:"

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Khako posted:

What profit, they had no fish when we attacked. I didn't care about it that much, but that you ignored that goons were there and made up a story to defend the fact that you were goonfucking. I don't even fish, nor care to play it. The general attitude you guys decided to put on drove me away.

I'm not even sure what raid you're talking about at this point. The raid that started all this poo poo made plenty of money off fish while also causing collateral damage to other guilds that were supposed to be working against. You say Kimsemus is the one goonfucking but Kimsemus didn't steal guild supplies, run off to another guild, and then tell goons to go gently caress themselves when they asked to get them back. As if being mad at one person is an excuse to screw over your entire guild.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Khako posted:

Continue the lies, that raid got hosed as you guys despawned the cutter and got wrecked by Valor when equal numbers show up.

Legitimately don't know what raid you're talking about. If you're talking about some raid from last night, you do realize that raid happened after all the fishing goons had ran out of the guild and stolen supplies? As in, they had already hosed us over in a pretty clear way? And you expect us to be buddies with them?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Khako posted:

This happened on Thursday, the day this all started. The very raid that Kim couldn't follow what every officer told him to do, which was not cause poo poo until Auroria.

Alright, you're officially delusional then. That raid made at least two fish turn ins before it came to end and got plenty of cash. The thing that ended it wasn't Valor, but a boat full of Customer Support pirates showing up while we were distracted and ambushing us. You can keep saying Kimsemus is the one lying over and over, but that won't make it true.

BTW I think the guild falling apart had less to do with Kimsemus and more to do with Tatters randomly getting control, appointing another random guy as leader, and then a bunch of people storming off when Werkwerk told them to stop being babies.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Khako posted:

The amount of lies that your group spreads is hilarious. Why do you feel the need to lie about what happened in a loving video game. If you guys were like, Valor are fuckheads, we killed their boat because VALOR #1 or some poo poo then cool. Crafting some story to defend yourselves then having tunnel-vision with it is just hilarious. This is such a trainwreck. I was in the raid when Kimsemsus finally logged in to do something, we got zero fish that raid. Deutsche, you're still going with this lie lmao. I'm sure you guys got fish in the days after but that raid got nothing other than starting all of this.

I was in that raid and have a marlin trophy from that day as proof. We raided plenty of ships and got tons of fish. This is on top of having a lot of fun, which is supposed to be the reason you play a game in the first place.

You can whine all you want about how Kimsemus is lying but you're not convincing anyone but yourself.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Third World Reggin posted:

I asked what the officer plans were before werkwerk got in charge and I got told about them and how it was pretty sad since there was so much optimism in the posts. Things were going to be good and be better.

Then I found many goons who never knew about them since they were only made in a private forum and never really shared openly with the members.

I played this game basically every day for the last few weeks and had no idea what our Auroria plan was supposed to be, or even who the officers were. They sure as hell weren't organizing stuff ingame much. It was usually Balista leading all the raids in the week prior to the fishing drama.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can describe exactly what I like about this; the dungeons and open sea pvp.

Dungeons were pretty fun in this game, at least before you'd run then 50 times for gear. Pretty nice design variety between all the enemies and bosses. The fact that there's literally no penalty to dieing other than some wasted time turns dungeon crawling into a much more casual and enjoyable experience. So yeah, I had fun with the dungeons even though the rest of the PvE is super boring. Open sea PvP is pretty unique to this game and tons of fun. I actually think the pvp in this game is pretty garbage since it has so much cc in huge amounts, but being a pirate is so much god drat fun I was willing to overlook all that. I can't think of another MMO game that has good ship combat. Any game where you can airdrop from the sky onto a boat to murder its drivers and then steal their gear has something going for it.

The problem is there is a ton of bullshit you have to put up with to stay gear relevant. I was able to tolerate that because the guild was pretty cool before the drama bomb. Now that everyone is sick of the game's bullshit and other goons as well, I just can't bring myself to play anymore. Maybe if Goon Squad somehow gets back to its former status I'll come back but nobody is in a position to bring that change anytime soon.

VVV It really depends on what you're doing. Archeage is definitely a game where gear matters a ton in both PvE and PvP. There's gear in Archeage that straight up breaks the game and is only "balanced" by the fact that it is super rare. You're gonna be really displeased when you repeatedly run into the people that do have that stuff though since you can't do poo poo about it.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 3, 2014

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You absolutely CAN NOT play this game alone. The game has a lot of design elements that encourage group work heavily. Trying to play alone will leave you labor starved since you have to do all your own processing. Once you run out of labor, you can't do anything related to trade production. Being a part of a group means you can get people to help you make stuff with their labor and skills.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Third World Reggin posted:

I hope you guys are at least enjoying our attempts to let everyone know what is going on or what has gone on.

I think you and Werkwerk are doing really good as far as leadership goes. The problems with the guild right now are just one you can't really solve; a bunch of people ran off with our poo poo and goons in general seem burnt out on this game's bullshit.

Arcade posted:

Basically join Goon Squad (when you're able to roll on west) and take advantage of having people able to help you out with labor tasks, go with goons on big raids when you want, but otherwise play alone. No required attendance for anything.

This is probably your best course of action. There are still plenty of nice people in Goon Squad that are willing to help out.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This is pathetic. All the goons that abandoned the guild are trying to blame it all on Kimsemus when all Kimsemus did was a run a raid that ruffled some feathers. Compare this to leaving the guild, stealing supplies from it, and telling goons to gently caress themselves when they ask to get it back. You guys got pissed off at one person and instead of handling the situation in a reasonable way, stormed out of the guild in a huff.

But I should blame this all on Kimsemus and not the people that ran away. Ridiculous.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Oil! posted:

I am confused at why the guys that left the guild keep showing up and demonstrating why we are having much more fun with them out of the guild. It seems like the people who espoused the most bullshit about 'goonuism' turned out to be the biggest crybaby 'goonbertarians' imaginable.

This is exactly the case. The goons that left have deluded themselves into thinking they are the good guys when its pretty obvious that they are the ones that screwed over the guild the most.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So what are the guilds that actually managed to get a castle on Aranzeb?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Rather than just giving us the gold he spent it all on chum and fishing lures and told us to catch our own fish as repayment. Basically it was the most petty way he could give back the stolen supplies.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Tanreall posted:

The first 2000g and poo poo ton of brick had nothing to do with fishing so I don't get it.

The goons that left the guild desperately want to believe that they aren't the ones that hosed everything up. They've twisted reality so that they are the heroes for boldly abandoning us and liberating the guild supplies after the big bad Kimsemus made them upset. No see HE is the goonfucker, not us! :downs:

It'd be slightly less pathetic if they straight up said "yeah we stole your poo poo, deal with it".

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
We got the game this guild deserved.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Malakesh posted:

That's som pretty fantastic revisionist posting there. Might as well write up some slash fanfic about Ballista and Kimsemus while you are at it. That'd be more believable.

Nah I think that's pretty accurate and all of you are ridiculously petty. You guys are so delusional its impossible to argue with your though.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
^^^ :lol:

Malakesh posted:

I don't know who you are or what you think I've done but you seem to have a negative opinion about everything I say. What's wrong buddy? Did I do something to upset you? I am willing to make amends.

This is the first mmo I've played with goons so I didn't have any biases towards any of you before this all started. With that in mind here is what I think of you and everyone else vocal about how Kimsesus/Werkwerk/whoever ruined the guild; you are all massive hypocrites and ridiculously petty.

Good work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Malakesh posted:

I guess we can't expect that from a person who has literally done the online equivalent of throwing a temper tantrum.

This is literally you. You and everyone else that left the guild stormed out after things didn't go exactly you're way and made zero attempt to actually work with leadership to change stuff. You stole guild supplies or at least see no problem with the people that did so.

I don't think you're all pedo apologists. I think you're all just really loving dumb.

• Locked thread