Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

eh what, I thought the instanced areas were practically infinite?

The way their backend works make it sound like adding more houses and players with houses would dramatically increase the amount of data the servers need to validate. They are going to double the effective space for housing with this patch but they had to rework their database for it to work and are spending an entire day to make sure nothing blows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Trion please add

to the game's login screen please.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Carol Pizzamom posted:

i think the reason kimsemus attacked valor fishing boats is because its fun. i dont think there was a conspiracy. its a game and some goons wanted to do it so they did it.

You dont get it the fishing alliance is now broken and because of it we'll never be able to fish in peace :qq:.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Please post more meltdowns from people that really wanted castles when they become available tia.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I remember way back when people were going "But Trion is dealing with the game its going to be great just look at Rift" and some knew what was up because XLgames have proven to be poo poo all the time.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eonwe posted:

can't wait to see if the goonfuckers end up in the next MMO guild or not

I'd doubt that any of them is going to show up in any position of leadership in MMOs with a big focus on PVP anymore because Werk and Reggin are usually some of the first to join in. Reggin in particular will deal with all the chinagames from now till the heatdeath of the universe.

Reminder Jack was a j4g pubbie that joined for AoW. The game whose guild was originally lead by Reggin and Werk. How quick does one allegiance turns when money fish is involved.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh baby its FFXIV 1.0 all over again.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Equate posted:

The great thing is the experience in the this game, but it crashes fast, it was very apparent in the alpha that this had 0 end game to keep people hooked.

A few were saying it in alpha, but others justified the lack of presence a few weeks into that by saying that they were just holding out to not get burned out for the launch.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Extra posted:

Clearly you have not played any game by Cryptic.

DnD had like a day were minimal duping happened that after a small rollback had no real effect on the community. (in fact most people benefited from it cause they sent out caturday bags for everyone) It also had people exploiting player made missions to level quickly. I dont know if anything happened after that but it was surprisingly solid of a launch and post release outside of the dearth of content.

Nothing in this magnitude. Specially on a game like archage that is so reliant on player economy.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Can we have a fishergoon C/D this please?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Black Desert is going to released much earlier in the states than expected so instead of being 2015 alpha/beta 2016 release they are going to actually ship it 2015. So maybe mid year you'll see the alpha/beta.

That game looks about a hundred times better than Archage and it looks like the team behind it is more competent than XL Games plus its being published by the original korean publishers so its going to be much more solid experience than Archage. Also you cannot be cat people. Eager to see the fishing/cart/pedophile meltdowns that it will bring to these forums.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eonwe posted:

Feedz told me its even less sandboxy than Archeage, soooo

The only thing goons care about in terms of sandbox is whether:
1)They can fish
2)They can have a garden
3)They can run carts
4)Has some horrible form of milquetoast pvp

Boom there it is, meets all the criteria.

e-Oh wait I remember, there are actual consequences for PVPing in BD because people can drop loot or have it degrade upon death. So that will probably scare a lot of goons away.

Arcade posted:

The combat just looks really bad.

I'll play it.
Well if you prefer click based MMOs then archage will probably be more fun for you, if you want to play something closer to teras combat then BD would be better.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Haha unless Trion doesn't implement the new patches this game is going full P2W if it wasnt already. Underwear with stats on it, guaranteed trees, crystals.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Reminder all the korean patches so far have introduced more p2w stuff to the cash shops and barely anything else. This game has been dead in the waters since before launch.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sunk cost

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

dolphingate

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Then why is there a thread for this game

Honestly you could close this thread and no one would care, just like the wildstar one.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wait wait wait, players lose items upon the merger? How does that loving work? Is it because its tied to housing or something?

This is hilarious anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

What happened to this thread to sort of become a gaping wound on the forums code?

• Locked thread