Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?121324-Goon-Squad-Blocking-bridge-in-Dewstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

The funny thing is the 2 guys from TFW No GF are out there every day for 12 hours on the lilyut/dewstone bridge, way more often than GS, and it's still grrrrrr goons.

Atown
Aug 10, 2011

Keep fighting the good fight.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Truckers get a bit mad. I'm glad I've found so many alternate paths to places, though.

Anyway, saw this after laughing at the anger about us on the Dewstone Bridge...

Wowee:

some pubbie posted:

So I was banned during that ban wave when the forum were crowded with people saying they were banned for no reason. Well I was one of those people. I didn't know what I had done wrong. I contacted appeals and after a week, they responded: "Thank you for your appeal inquiry.

After reviewing pertinent logs, we have determined that the action taken against your account for use of third-party programs was correct. We will not be reversing relevant suspensions and/or notes applied to your account. "

After a few mails with them I got mad and asked them to tell me what exactly had I used that was illegal just for the sole purpose of deleting it so I could start over with a new char.
Today they send me this : " Thank you for your appeal inquiry.

After reviewing your appeal, we have overturned the ban on your account and it has been released. Please let us know if you experience issues logging into the account. "

I'm mind blown, they unban me NOW. Wasn't their decision final and irreversible, what the gently caress? After I lost all my land. Thank you Trion really but I don't really want to have anything to do with your game. I don't trust you at all anymore. Any ideas why they unbanned me?

Scapes posted:

The more appeals our Game Masters review, the more patterns of false-positive behavior are identified. As our detection methods get more precise, we're also retroactively reinstating accounts that were affected by earlier, unwarranted bans. Twice the Patron Time lost is also granted.

I'm pretty sure this came after those banned people lost their lands.

This game sure is something.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trion is actually super competent and they are just trolling by having a lovely game with lovely service

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

balistafreak posted:

Most arcane or higher armor on the AH is vastly, vastly overpriced. However, sometimes there's a rare deal. You really have to know what it takes on average to regrade a piece and make the judgment call yourself.

Thanks, that helped a lot , bought 2 arcanes for around 300 each and regraded them with the scrolls+charms. It was still cheaper than if I'd just bought one heroic.

ChromiumCrush
Sep 6, 2010
Can someone answer why there is PvP in this game? Apart from stealing trade packs, I see no benefit.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

To kill fishers.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

ChromiumCrush posted:

Can someone answer why there is PvP in this game? Apart from stealing trade packs, I see no benefit.

Without PvP this game would be incredibly boring.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

drat you, had me in a laughing fit for a couple minutes. This thread just keeps on giving. :allears:

Reggin still do the random bursting out into song moments I so enjoyed in wushu? Might actually get me to play the game except for that lockout of the West.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

ChromiumCrush posted:

PvP is its own reward.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
loving quake had no rewards for shooting people, except for it being fun. Why don't you go have some fun.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

ChromiumCrush posted:

So that people like you will complain about it on the internet.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ChromiumCrush posted:

Without PVP there would be no incentive to get the "best" PVP gear. No reason to throw thousands of gold down a hole trying to regrade your gear to slightly better gear. No reason for crafters to bother crafting weapons and armor at all, as the stuff you get from quests is plenty good enough to protect yourself from mobs. The economy would be hosed.

Of course they could retune the economy to deal with it. Millions of people play games like The Sims or Farmville where combat PVP isn't an option at all, but it would be a very different game.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

ChromiumCrush posted:

PvP is the only thing actually fun to do in this game. Everything else is or would be boring as poo poo without it.

Laserpig
Jul 13, 2013

I am not credible.

Fauxtool posted:

trion is actually super competent and they are just trolling by having a lovely game with lovely service

If that were true then I would have been able to make it to level 3 in Rift without wanting to hang myself.

Trion are one giant bag of poo poo, the only good title they are associated with is Archeage and all they do is publish it, how competent can you really be as a game developer when you didn't even develop the only good title that you are associated with?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Bots and farm carts also don't get along so well.

For some reason their script will freeze up if they get put on top of a vehicle. You can just take them anywhere or even dump them in the ocean.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 16, 2014

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I'm actually taking a break from AA now. I'll give my manor plot away probably to anyone leading Goon Squad still that wants it.

I'm playing WoW because the expansion dropped and it is good. I logged back into EVE after getting kicked from Goonwaffe by Midge and his spergs (over fishing, god drat), and I'm permanently blacklisted from goon/CFC orgs in EVE, which is kind of poo poo, since I left NCdot after mittens invited me to join goons in EVE. I'm just pirating in lowsec now though because null is terrible, and DBRB and others who got me kicked from the Star Citizen goon org (again, over fishing), was just hilarity.

But right now I'm just enjoying playing a game with no autistics screaming on forums and in IRC over broken PVE pacts like this was EVE, and PVPing till my fingers hurt in a PVP game with no repercussions.

The poo poo of this whole situation is all the goons that robbed the guild bank repeatedly, took their rage out on people in other games because they were incapable of playing a game within the context of that game, and in the end making a lot of goons that had nothing to do with it worse off for it.

But I also have been shown that once again 98% of goons are cool as poo poo, love to PVP and play MMOs for what they are, and laugh at goons who cause such stupid drama, and it is for these goons that I enjoy helping in games, and what keeps me coming back, because it's always the same group of cool dudes, sinking fishing boats in one game or another and having a good time, and that's what makes games with goons worth playing.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I can't believe there's still a restriction on making west continent characters on Aranzeb. Anyone that's been wanting to join us in the guild still can't.

Kimsemus posted:

I'm playing WoW because the expansion dropped and it is good.

AA is turning out to be the MMO failure that finally gets me to go back to WoW for the first time since Burning Crusade was about a year old. I'm just waiting on the all clear that the servers have stabilized and I'll be buying Draenor. Saturday was the first day since launch that I didn't log in the entire day. I'm getting the "I don't give a fucks" with this game and I wish selling properties was easier because I'd just cash out now and have that gold if/when I return.

ruffz fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 16, 2014

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Oh my god, they really hosed up this time. I mean, you would think they would be able to get the coding for their own cash shop items correct, right?

Someone figured out an elementary glitch with the flashy racing kits that lets you get any item you want out of it, and as a result thunderstruck trees and other items from the box are crashing in price hard.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Mercury_Storm posted:

Oh my god, they really hosed up this time. I mean, you would think they would be able to get the coding for their own cash shop items correct, right?

Someone figured out an elementary glitch with the flashy racing kits that lets you get any item you want out of it, and as a result thunderstruck trees and other items from the box are crashing in price hard.

LOL holy gently caress, this game...

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

ruffz posted:

I can't believe there's still a restriction on making west continent characters on Aranzeb. Anyone that's been wanting to join us in the guild still can't.

AA is turning out to be the MMO failure that finally gets me to go back to WoW for the first time since Burning Crusade was about a year old. I'm just waiting on the all clear that the servers have stabilized and I'll be buying Draenor. Saturday was the first day since launch that I didn't log in the entire day. I'm getting the "I don't give a fucks" with this game and I wish selling properties was easier because I'd just cash out now and have that gold if/when I return.

If you want to play with me, add me under Steam using the same username as SA. Goes for anyone that hasn't already.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

My dumb elf guild of 10 lvl 50's with lvl 40 gear finally got ourselves on Valors KOS list.

Its mainly because we made fun of one of their officers for threatening us with br00tal PKings after we started taunting him while blocking a bridge.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

:911:

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
They didn't even have the common decency to spell <HULKAMANIA RUNNING WILD> properly.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mercury_Storm posted:

lol

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

If you want to play with me, add me under Steam using the same username as SA. Goes for anyone that hasn't already.

I'm planning on going to the Mal'Ganis Goon Squad

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's not like they've had 2 other versions of this game to test things on

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

quote:

So someone figured out that you can get whatever you want out of the new RNG box by filling up your inventory with everything but the thing you want + two extra slots. If you set it up correctly, the chest won't open unless it's giving you the thing you want. Saplings, regrade scrolls, lucky points, etc.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Aaaaaaand marketplace is down to investigate "potential exploits". :rolleyes:

I'm less surprised that this was taken down somewhat quickly after this went public, and more surprised that someone was actually working at Trion on the weekend.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 16, 2014

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

quote:

And infinite credits with the Apex =) Click on the item while it's doing the cast, spamm the portal to mirage and baam, 1250 credits and you keep the Apex.

And that exploit has been available since the game went live apparently?

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

If this isn't the most broken MMO in history, I didn't play the one that is. I've played at least 15 of them dating back to years before WoW.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Clearly you have not played any game by Cryptic.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

And infinite credits with the Apex =) Click on the item while it's doing the cast, spamm the portal to mirage and baam, 1250 credits and you keep the Apex.

lol

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Extra posted:

I haven't actually, somehow I've managed to avoid every game they've put out.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Extra posted:

DnD had like a day were minimal duping happened that after a small rollback had no real effect on the community. (in fact most people benefited from it cause they sent out caturday bags for everyone) It also had people exploiting player made missions to level quickly. I dont know if anything happened after that but it was surprisingly solid of a launch and post release outside of the dearth of content.

Nothing in this magnitude. Specially on a game like archage that is so reliant on player economy.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Games like AA with such a player focused economy are the ones where those looking to exploit/hack go into overdrive looking for ways to beat the game. Looking back to games like EVE before they closed a lot of the bugs and loopholes around the economy there was stuff kinda like this happening every month, sometimes every week. Not that I am comparing this game to EVE but it seems to have a similar level of effort in the people focused on trying to exploit it.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
How much should I be trying to get for a cottage with two small farms next to it in Windscour? Trying to pay taxes on all of that plus my thatched and large farm is getting to be annoying.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I wouldn't say this is the worst gently caress up of an mmo and an economy.

NCSoft has a cash shop currency tied to multiple games and one games let you put in negative bids which would win you the auction instantly and give you the balance of the difference. This was used to gently caress with the cash shop currency making it all sorts of funny.

• Locked thread