Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

My coops keep breaking and getting sick, I'm done grooming young animals and going back to trees, too much effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Axel Serenity posted:

No gs member has ever said this

I am a bad gs member :smith:. I just want to farm ville and PvP.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Beach Party posted:

At max level whats a normal amount of different buttons your going to be pushing while doing a decent dps rotation? All the pictures ive seen have seemingly 30+ skills on the skillbars and after playing games with minimized action bars im kind of a fan of it (the limited action bars that is).

Depends, as a primeval I've got 3 buffs and 7-8 abilities I use but with cool downs its not that bad. A lot of those skills are situational like a stun block or a melee combo

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Eonwe posted:

this seems pretty reasonable, Kimsemus is a pretty cool guy and I know he does whats best for the guild and is a good upstanding MMO HMO citizen

same with stormagle

I've already had multiple offers to be reinvited, but I think I'm going to play solo for a while. :)

Wait why did you get kicked? I missed this drama

E: kewpuh is a good mod, I was wrong when I called him bad on the off site when the drama first started. You guys should listen to him

apseudonym fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 28, 2014

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Axel Serenity posted:

The issue is that small minority also has a decent amount of control in terms of invites, bans, guild resources, planning, etc. It's definitely not all leaders (I know you've been fighting the good fight for awhile, Kimsemus), but the group that does stick up for SCT is unfortunately ruining it for the 99% of goons that understand what's going on and no one has the power to tell them otherwise.

In other, game-related news, I finally put a small plot down on Dewstone and oh lordy the money is gonna be rolling in. I did four runs during yesterday's Sand/Hellswamp/Halc peace just because staging packs there cuts a good 8 minutes or so off my old run route. Still figuring out a way to utilize this space for gilda runs somehow, but it's infinitely better than my old Lilyut plot was.

Anyone worried about land should definitely consider searching for small plots. 16x16s and Thatched are all taken, but 8x8s can usually be found in prime locations if you look around, and they can be incredibly useful. I don't even use my farms to grow trade pack materials and they're still worth it just to have space to grow items that sell or otherwise stage packs I crafted off the AH. It might be a slower profit than growing your own materials, but you can still afford a month playtime easy with just a couple small farms and using it to its potential.

That's a good staging spot, I should look for one as well.

I've been doing a lot of cheese packs because I hate running carts from TC but it does take up a lot of space.

Kimsemus posted:

I was logged in today.

The problem as I see it, pre Auroria, is since I've already made my money and built up my land holdings, there isn't much to do. Piracy is entertaining but for many goons who still need gold, time=money, and fishing is just a better way to do it, and I've really no interest in any more fishing myself.

I'm still very much involved with what is going on, but for many players, this is a CD period until Auroria drops.

PVP. Goons are woefully unready for land PVP and no amount of money will fix that.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Deki posted:

When we say goons are generally undergeared, do we mean they have green/blue GHA and hasla, or worse than that?

Because I only have Green/blue GHA (5 loving wasted armor scrolls on chest), and perform acceptably in pvp when not facing down people who RMT'd or had their guilds funnel gold straight to them.

If goons in general don't even have that, well you're going to need some insane luck in Auroria.

I have 3 heroic and the rest blue GHA and I have no trouble killing people in PVP. Some goons just got butt hurt about getting wrecked by over geared people and now refuse to PVP until they have top gear(they'll quit out of boredom before they get it).

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

Goons are too busy calling each other pedophiles and getting mad about fish to sit and concentrate on something like the kraken.

Goons bailing on those Kraken ops when we did was the smartest thing we could have done. Wicked wanted us to poopsock and camp the kraken for days on end and gently caress that poo poo, I play this game for fun and that's not fun.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

One of SCT's ilk was re-invited to the guild, made GM and I was promptly kicked.

No good deed goes unpunished.This was probably a combination of people just talking to him and him getting revenge for my hard stance against anyone associating with BFM. He didn't bother to contact me or hear my side of course. Didn't respond to my tells either, so final vengeance is theirs I guess.

With that though, many of the remaining PVPers are discussing leaving, joining pirate faction, or forming our own guild/joining another guild. Stay tuned to this thread.

What PVPers? You're not one of them.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Goon Squad should just be renamed to :regd08:

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

some dude name Comrade. was loving screaming into his mic like a tiny child having a temper tantrum

shameful

Why didn't you record it for my new :regd08: OP

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Widestancer posted:

Once the dust settles I will manage the OP faithfully as I have. You have my word on this as a fellow gamer :911:

:911::respek::911:

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

GreatestNerdEver posted:

it is rather telling that the only people left in goon squad are a) pedo apologists or friends thereof, b) people that shouted STOP ASKING QUESTIONS SWEEP IT UNDER THE RUG and c) people who literally don't type or do anything

I'm still in goon squad :smith:

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

GreatestNerdEver posted:

so my point stands?

Your words hurt me.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Hello I am the official Goon Squad Sustainable Fishing Diplomat.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

FYI all goons that wish for amnesty are welcome with GOONFLEET (Unless you're an unrepentant heretic). Even if you were being a bad because you were blinded by greed or fish hate, we rule by the most just laws -- the laws of the kangaroo court.

Hello, as the official Goon Squad Fishing Diplomat here is the rules I have come up with along with my fellow Fishing Diplomats:
1. Don't fish
2. Don't allow pubbies to destroy the environment
3. Remember that fish are at least 18k, so they're all legal.

tia.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Uh oh, Valor is mad at me, and I'm going to be in trouble? :ohdear:

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Bait and Swatch posted:

*Kismensus and a few other goons are in the ring, finishing a speech to the crowd about the benefits of turning in your homework on time, not smoking and eating healthy*

*Flash of Light*

J.R.: It's Tatersyum! Tatersyum is headed to the ring!

Jerry "The King" Lawler: Kismensus and the other Goons don't see him!

*Tatersyum attacks Kismensus with a chair*

J.R.: HE ALMOST TOOK HIS HEAD OFF!!!

*Tatersyum begins fighting with the other Goons in the ring*
Jerry "The King" Lawler: IT'S SCT, DOUBLESTEP AND BFM, THEY ARE COMING OUT OF THE CROWD.
*Tatersyum, SCT, Doublestep and BFM beat down the other Goons in the ring*

*Crowd begins to boo, SCT grabs the microphone*
SCT: DID YOU THINK THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN?! WE HAVE RETURNED TO SAVE YOU ALL!
BFM and Doublestep (In unison): Did you think we wouldn't be back! Auroria is next week!

*Crowd begins to chant "Feels, Feels, Feels"

J.R.: The crowd wants the Imp Zone!
Jerry "The King" Lawler: Not the Imp Zone! Oh, this will end badly!

*Tatersyum grabs the microphone from SCT*
Tatersyum: I am... THE PUPPET MASTER!!!
*Tatersyum, SCT, Doublestep and BFM leave the ring*

J.R.: This is madness! Where are the police, where are the paramedics?
Jerry "The King" Lawler: The police? There are no police, we aren't even in America!

J.R.: But October was over, it was supposed to be quiet!
Jerry "The King" Lawler: We were only 1 day away, oh this is bad.

*Kismensus and a few other goons begin to rise off the mat and walk out of the ring*
Jerry "The King" Lawler: They are getting up!

J.R.: They are out for blood! There will be hell to pay in November! Hell to pay!

:911:

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

I dont want to interrupt another meltdown but can someone tell me how many courage tokens I'll need for the new tiers of hasla bow?

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Morglon posted:

According to the guide tier 2 is 200 tokens.

Is t3 in as well?

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

I laughed too hard at this.

Morglon posted:

No tier 3 is 300

I mean, is t3 coming in this patch?

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Oh hey 75 posts in the Archeage thread this must be interesting :shepicide:.

Holy poo poo fishing spergs please :frogout:, this has been going on too long you should feel bad.

wtfmoses posted:

That forum existed for a week. Was filled with absolute crazy serious posts from crazy people and I deleted it the other day during the great neutrality revolution. I can dump the contents if you desire.

Do it, I want to read posts that make me feel better about myself and my posting.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

It's ongoing. DBRB taunted last night in IRC that he would "take care of it" regarding getting me banned from Goonrathi, the Star Citizen goon community am a part of.

They told Goonrathi leadership I goonfucked, despite the fact that I'm still in Goon Squad, still in leadership, on good terms with the rest of the current leadership, and obviously many goons are still happy to join me for content. I simply told them thus far to look at this thread, look at the vocal minority against goons still in the actual goon guild, and read how absurd their drama really is. We'll see if I get unbanned or not.

The other charge brought against me was me screen capping that officer thread regarding fishing, when it was done precisely to avoid something like this -- to expose the rampant, one sided corruption among fishing leadership trying to hold the guild hostage and show that I really was defending the good of the guild behind closed doors.

TL;DR fishing goons are now taking this to a whole new level, mad enough to make up lies to try and slander good, honest goons active in other orgs since they couldn't seize control in this one.

I kicked boat from the guild(after spending 5 loving minutes trying to find him in the roster, gently caress this game). That is god drat sad.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Oops...

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

I kept hearing about plans for auroria and the diplomacy efforts but I don't know really what they were.

What I've managed to piece together is that we were going to help wicked get a castle, then we would get a castle.

Besides both being able to be claimed at the same time, in order to have wicked help get goons a castle they would need to either donate materials or donate members.

In a 70 vs 70 fight, there are only two guilds involved. If you involve more from mercs, which may not be in, then the other person also involves more people. So we would still need 70 goons geared, organized, and leveled. We don't really have that. In a few weeks I doubt we would have that even without the drama. The main problem there is numbers.

If there were more plans I'd love to know what they were since I don't see how they could overcome the 70 goons part compared to what would be 70 FC or 70 wicked members.

This plan died a few weeks ago. I doubt we'll have 70 people any time soon and we should probably instead focus on taking a castle from a pubbie in true goon fashion.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

Wait wasn't the whole point of GSA that people in it DON'T get into goon squad? How did you gently caress up this very simple concept?

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The MMO HMO > Archeage - How do you gently caress up this simple concept?

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Widestancer posted:

Why are you people getting mad about pvp in a PvP game :cripes:

Between this and the Eve thread I am losing hope in humanity. Good thing Wtfmoses is here to restore it. Thanks Wtfmoses.

Once this all clears up I'll update the OP again I guess. Have any new splinters formed?

After being Eve free since quitting grad school I looked at that thread to see what you were talking about, must be some game poo poo that might be interesting.

That was a mistake :smith:

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Ugh they're adding T2 and T3 Hasla weapons.

Given that all I do is PVP and I dont have stupid amounts of money I'm losing my excitement for this. gently caress grinding another 500 tokens so I can kill more tryhards.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

ragnoxiii posted:

Serpentis weapons are also Ephirium tier and regradeable.

But I dont know what happened to all the Dungeon Friends :(

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

ragnoxiii posted:

Dungeon Friends are all together still, we just wear a different tag now.

:smith: I'm still in goons

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Digital Fingers posted:

I'm not in GS but why don't you guys just do a weekly membership tax or something? All members pay 50 gold a week or equivalent in raw materials to a slush fund and then keep the difference for themselves.

My guild funnels all their money to me and it works fine but we're only ~12 people and have know each other for a while; I don't think this stuffs viable with a large amount of people b/c this kind of stuff takes trust and if the trust isn't there poo poo falls apart fast. Expecting people to give their time and elf gold to someone they don't have a relationship with past "They also payed 10$" seems like a great way to build resentment.

idk just free styling over here.

Because that's some pubbie poo poo

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

<Midge> so Kimsemus https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Kimsemus go gently caress yourself
<Midge> victory
<balistafreak> did you
<ThirdWorldRaygun> explain to me the eve link
<balistafreak> are you serious
<Midge> got him kicked from goonwaffe
<Midge> shrekt
<Midge> i didnt really go out of my way
<Midge> im a director in gsf... it took 0 effort

sperglord actual

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Found it

this post reads like this tastes

I vomited in my mouth.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

DBRB got kicked from goon squad for creating drama. This is pretty much going to other goon communities and trying to get kimsemus kicked.

If we kicked for drama, most goons would be gone from the guild. If this was for comedy, it would of been fine and someone who kicked him would of reinvited him right away. That didn't happen.

DBRB is a lovely person for sure, and kicking him for that is about the same thing. Not quite, but close enough. DBRB acting like an idiot and sperg means he will hang him self within the goon community sooner or later and I don't want to remove his chance to do that within AA.

I will reinvite him back, and if he gets kicked, I kick kimsemus. Thems the rule.

If he keeps getting kicked, I keep removing people with kick powers.

Try not to be just as bad as DBRB.

I kicked him the first time for the CTS drama he was trying to cause with Kim's guild and the Eve nonsense, he wasn't online so I couldn't reinvite him, plus the ArcheAge guild UI is loving :effort:.

I've kind of lost my urge to play this game, between the grind turned up to 11 and the endless fishing masterstrokes and pedo defenders this game and the people just don't feel like fun right now. At least I don't play Eve anymore so I cant get gkicked by some pedo defending fish fucker, so that's nice.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

I still love you though

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

People are upset with certain goon members dropping the guild tag to join the fisher fleet only to report where the fishermen are.

:negative:

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

kznlol posted:

I don't believe you.

For the purposes of a simple argument: there are 3 stages to fishing, and 3 stages to pirating fish. Stage 1 is finding fish or finding fishing boats - I would be very surprised if finding boats was faster than finding fish, or even as fast, but lets assume they take the same amount of time. Stage 2 is fishing or stealing the boat. If you're putting 5 people on the fishing boat, they can fill the boat in 6-7 minutes at the outside (unless you count waiting for gargantuans which is retarded). I'm going to assume stealing a boat is instantaneous even though that's ridiculous. Stage 3 is getting back to a fish stand and turning in. Fishers, for obvious reasons, pick spots that are near a turnin. Pirates don't have that luxury. You have to somehow get back to Freedich and turn in within 6 minutes of the time it would take a normal fisher to turn in to the closest spot they can find. I'm fairly sure that is pretty much impossible.

Staging makes this a bit more complicated but is simply going to subtract time from whatever gets added when I add in the fact you have to base out of Freedich.

Meanwhile, if you go stealing fish as a non-pirate, you're eventually going to eat jailtime.

Yet another issue is that you definitely cannot steal fish as fast with 1 person pirating as with 5 - but you can fish precisely as fast with 1 as with 5.

Let me tell you how I pirated fishers before I stopped playing because lol you are wrong.
1) my friends go fishing and tell me where boats are
2)swim out and murder
3)my friends take the fish and turn them them in for me.

I just stayed in the water murdering carebears until I got bored and made bank in both money and tears.

Customer support does the same thing. You need to launder your fish because fish are serious business.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

kznlol posted:

Yes because that would continue working if you did it every day for weeks on end.

wait

Like I give a gently caress, tears are worth their weight in gold and doing it till fishing dried up would be worth far more than the lost fish.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Tanreall posted:

Why get one fish when you can just take the whole boats? Stealing from fishers is really easy and I've stolen full boats solo.

I found it scaled well since the packs just sit on the bottom and my friends load them up while I keep ganking. I'd try and steal boats if they only had 2-3 people on them but reds were bringing a bunch of people per boat.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Khako posted:

This is different for you because:

Apseudonym > 99% Goons in AA pvp.

It's me, I'm the tryhard :smithicide:.

Killing fishers in the water is actually pretty easy. The biggest thing is to make sure you hit them when they're too far from the boat to get back but once they've got the fish. They'll almost always panic and then you just flee back into the ocean when all their friends jump in.

Still haven't logged on since Auroria hit, I think that broke my addiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Blazolie posted:

in non-duping news, i heard through the grapevine that fishing goons hate girl havers. takes focus away from all the fishing, i guess??

x: all the pubbies in wicked are always talking about their girlfriends
x: and the goons that joined got so butthurt because of that
x: they tried to shoot it down and then like 5 other wicked pubbies started talking about their girlfriends
x: and then one or two of the girlfriends started talking in comms to defend themselves
x: and now goons are segregated to their own channels, but that's not even surprising

What the gently caress?

• Locked thread