Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Morbidmind posted:

Fishing is incredibly profitable. Get your skill up to 20-30k, get a fishing boat and rake in the money with marlin.

That is until the "PvP" Commander, Kim-"FYGM"-semus, decide to screw everyone by killing all the other "non allied" greens fishing with us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

What are the advantages of owning land in Auroria? The only one I could think of is being close to the source of water for those archeum tree (since the water is a trade pack, I think).

I really don't think I would uproot any of my properties in East/West just for that

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

For people that still play this game, anyone know how much a 16x16 in gwen usually cost? Or a thatch in a west peace area.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

hakimashou posted:

STO welcomes AA refugees.

STO pubbies are not like other pubbies.

Goons ruin everything, so we need you to send more goons.

ETA, does anyone want to buy some nice land from the original head start land rush in north and south 2 crowns?

I'm going to let my patron expire at the end of January. I've got a large farm about 3 plots from the N 2c crafting bench, a house on the cliff there, and another large farm in south 2 crowns by Ezna harbor.

I would be interested to buy some of your lands too. What is your ign?

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

How is VaIor doing these days? I still see people in VaIor running around, but a lot less than before.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

kznlol posted:

I'd be surprised of Something Lawful still exists, since I haven't seen the tag in months. Customer Support has also ceased to exist, and the current pirate guilds don't really have any connection to SA.

Unfortunately, majority of Something Lawlful left for Guild Wars 2. The only people in SL that still play this game is Ragemasi and me (Xenni). We are currently in a guild called Legendary and are searching for a new guild ourselves (maybe 903 or UDL).

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Finndo posted:

Actually the game is still quite active, although definitely not as much as at the beginning of the game. The gold spammers are still trying to get on but they have gotten better about catching/banning them. Gold itself has become much more valuable and as a result domestic trade runs (larder packs at least) have become profitable again. The game isn't for everyone but I still enjoy it.

The 55 patch is coming soon apparently although I don't follow that stuff too closely.

Most of the goons left on west side were in Valor which merged into Marauders last week.

How many people are active in Marauders anyways. Im still looking for a new guild..

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Dasyati posted:

Balistafreak figured out how to kite low-level mobs with AoE attacks onto the Dewstone bridge where we would have haulers pinned down. We picked so many larder packs we didn't have land to put them on.

It wasn't until the second night when we changed our tags to another BR guild (ala Vaior) that someone started screaming about us "glitching" in faction.

Sorry I didn't think to get shots of actual haulers going down, I hope someone else got a few good ones.

I see myself on the faction chat! So it was you guys that were doing it, no wonder when I saw it, I already thought that would be something we (Goon) would do.

You guys ended it pretty soon though, my friend and I passed by the bridge on our haulers 10 min after Nuian Vanguard were complaining about you guys in faction. At one point we were planning to use a merc boat to bypass you guys.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

I believe Aetherknight (some higher up in Nuian Vanguard, and the one in the screenshot laat page) left for pirate soon after you guys did the bridge block on him. If you guys were the reason that made him go pirate, that would be quite funny.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Bauxite posted:

A lot of that leveling stuff sounds like vanilla wow levels of grind.

50-55 is the worst grind so far. On the other hand, 1.7 patch is decreasing the exp needed to level between 50-55. I think the exp needed to level from 54 to 55 post patch is around the same as 53 to 54 right now

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Just wondering if Maruaders (or Chanchos lol) have enough people to run Serpentis. My guild (Legendary) currently do not have enough level 50+ online at one time to start one and we found out that going from t3 to t4 obsidian armor require drops from serpentis, so it may be a good time to get a group going.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

I am thinking of going pirate. Just wondering if anyone here is a pirate and could shred some light on what do you guys do usually. I have a lot of larder lands on west, so I probably have to figure out what to do with that as well. Also, are all three pirate guilds in Aranzeb (A team, No Mad, Undead Lords) allied together?

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

tatersyum posted:

Simple answer: Don't.

Are pirating really that bad?

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Flavor Truck posted:

Post server, side, and most active guild please.

Last I heard (Aranzeb West), most of the remaining goons merged into Marauders, and then Balistafreak created another guild where they mainly destroy haulers on dewstone bridge. I haven't seen him on for a while now, so I am not sure if the guild is still active.

Also, couple of us are in Nine O Third.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Schubalts posted:

That is pretty drat rude for Trion to do. Lead a server on like that, and then surprise them with that news.

To be fair, all the previous updates Trion posted have stated that the servers affected by the merge are tentative and could still be subject to change.

But oh god, the forum tears, lol

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Wait wait wait, players lose items upon the merger? How does that loving work? Is it because its tied to housing or something?

This is hilarious anyways.

I think anything that is not is not tied down to your inventory or storage will be gone (eg: your chest storage).

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Well at least with the last patch, red dragons in karkasse became a hotspot for faction PvP. Had 3 raids of west factions (all working together, heh) fighting against the east, and killed the red dragons.

On the other hand, everything else are still crap.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Well, I think I am a bit late in the bandwagon for people leaving/cashing out archeage. Going to sell off all the lands my friend and I owned and then cash out.

Not sure if there are any goons that still play (in Aranzeb), but pm me if interested. We will write a post in sa-mart when the server opens.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Truga posted:

I'm pretty sure all your land is ~just loving gone~ because of the merges? :v:

Nah, we are not from the merges, and the lands are not from today's landgrab. I realize I have more fun grinding in FFXIV than taking care of all these lands myself.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Well, kind of late but finally sold everything and cashed out. Surprisingly made back not a bad sum of money too.

Now, what mmo game should I waste all my money on.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Eonwe posted:

Nah $30 pack for beta and funbux. Open beta will run for a month or so before release tho and that will be free

Are there any news about the cash shop in that game yet? How p2w is the cash shop.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Finndo posted:

I let patron expire and went away for a week and think I'm going to take a break. The question is, what else is worth playing right now? If it's pay to alpha or whatever I don't mind, I just want whatever is fun and good now.

Other than Albion, there are also Tree of Savior (if you like games like Ragnarok Online) and Blade and Soul.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

The best way to play ArcheAge is to uninstall it from your system and sit at your desk quietly.

And probably sell off the land and gold while you are at it. I did that recently and now I have more money to throw at less horrible games.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Are free lands in Aranzeb/Morpheus still pretty scarce these days?

Edit: Swatch, are you and SB coming back to Archeage?

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Bait and Swatch posted:

Yeah, we're both back in. We were holding out hope for Camelot Unchained, but that still seems to be a ways out from playable. Feel free to PM either of us, we'll be on tonight, mostly just running around aimlessly.

E: sent you some mail to Xenni, but I wasn't sure if that was still your name in game

I don't play anymore, so it prob be easier to pm me here. I am thinking of coming back though. If you see Xenni online, prob an old guildmate using my acc (not even sure if he still plays).

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

If any of you guys want to check out the game pre-3.0, couple of us still play in Aranzeb (pirate). Currently the main East and West guild transferred off so the server is currently in free farm mode.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Flavor Truck posted:

Reading the last few pages of this thread leads me to believe that there are a number of active goons still playing on Aranzeb. There is absolutely no chance of getting onto Reckoning within any reasonable amount of time with this queue. I'll be playing on Aranzeb as Nihilanth. Add/invite me if you get the chance.

What faction are you currently in? Couple of us are in pirates at the moment.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Flavor Truck posted:

Right now, west. Is there a quick and easy way to become a pirate? I'd jump onboard quick.

Get an alt, or someone with time, to kill their mounts over and over again. I did it in Sandeep, away from the guards but close to the Npc that res my pet.

You would be best to mail one of the leader from No Lives Matter or Sacrifice first before joining/turning pirate. If you become pirate without a guild, you would be stuck in growlgates without anything to do all day.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Apparently there is a credit/APEX dupe in fresh start servers already, causing the emergency maintenance today.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

nazca posted:

I checked out the steam store looking for items I could just kind of get a la carte. Ended up just taking your advice and getting the pack because that doesn't seem to be a thing.

Thanks!

I'll be going east - because undead. (Don't think they exist yet, but they will. And I will make one.)

Would like to play with a goon presence, but I can play with the pubbies. I looked up some videos on Darkrunner - It looks the have a uncanny and over powered burst that the can 100 to 0 some one inside of one CC. Perfect. I'll be running that spec for a while.

Whats the deal with the black pearl? How do I get it and make my life about it?

Edit: I found this http://www.ign.com/wikis/archeage/Black_Pearl It seem's that it's farmable?

There were couple goons in the pirate faction back in Aranzeb, but I haven't log in for a while, so I'm not sure if they are still around. As far as Black Pearl goes, it is possible to farm the blueprint, but it will take a long time and effort, I would rather just test my luck and regrade a normal galleon/component.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Bait and Swatch posted:

I came to see who posted in here, then saw you were probated, then expected it was just for posting in this thread.

Hey Swatch! What are you playing nowadays?

• Locked thread