Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
I'm hoarding goose feathers and will make a killing when they release pillows in the next patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Widestancer posted:

I have Goonsquad's info to add to the OP anyone else?

Me and some friends started a small, chill group on Aranzeb last night, I'll pm you the info when I can be bothered to write something up later.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Chocolatebuddha posted:

Is that the pedo pirate guild?

Your name is going to be my new gaming snack, I will eat my way to enlightenment.

Also, yes.

^^^thanks.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Morglon posted:

That's not all that much profit considering how much labor it takes.

At 360 labor, it translates out to roughly 28g per 100 labor if 100g profit is assumed, which is really, really high given the potential consistency and the definite safety. Unless you are netting 30k fish regularly, never getting hit by pirates and have a fishing ship, it's tough to beat that ratio. Given the investment cost of a fishing ship, it becomes even more difficult.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Eonwe posted:

Archeagegoon.jpg

I bet he's selling a lot of wool.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

wfwon posted:

That is until the "PvP" Commander, Kim-"FYGM"-semus, decide to screw everyone by killing all the other "non allied" greens fishing with us.

He has a Roose Bolton av, you really should have seen this coming.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
Hey Goon Squad, stop arguing and get more excited about this.

Turtledad posted:

This Saturday night our goon brothers and sisters from <Something Lawlful> would like to co-host a fun run. The route has yet to be determined in full but it will definitely be in the east, and most likely ending in Hasla. So grab your bag of cheetos, pull up your speedo's and get ready for a mad dash through furryland to show your naked skin superiority.

Starting off with a pot of 25g to the winner. We will be accepting donations to the pot and depending on the turnout and gold raised, we may be able to payout all involved.

Rules to make it semi-fair:
-No riding mounts
-No flying on gliders
-No gear (costumes accepted)
-No using abilities/passives/buffs you can do to make yourself go faster

That being said I fully expect you bastards to come up with ways to gently caress each other over and I'm looking forward to it. See you all at the races!

*participants must be of age to discourage pirate attacks

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
That is simply too funny and sounds like a lot of fun. It is the best story this thread has had as well.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
Widestancer, could you please add this link to <Something Lawlful> in the OP? Its comments section will be our offsite forum, tia: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Eonwe posted:

Clearly Imp Zone posters are great posters. They keep the thread far more drama free and the OP updated.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Carol Pizzamom posted:

The quality of playing Games with Goons has really gone down hill over the years. I realize sounds like something a huge nerd, and a total dork, would say (and you would be correct) but I used to play some stuff, like Ultima Online free-shards with goons, even before I registered an account, and everyone was really carefree, funny, easy to talk to, and would always be having a good time. I feel like some time around when Eve came out a bunch of people joined for that sort of stuff, and now we have those kinds of people everywhere. The experience I've had more recently is entirely goons not doing anything fun, being way too high-strung, and armchair video game commanders power tripping and trying to manipulate common goons into funneling them money.

Basically, I'm real disappointed in ya'll. Can't have a good time anymore around these parts

You should really come to the naked run on Saturday night. It may only be a few people, but at least it is solely aimed at having fun in a video game.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

*Kismensus and a few other goons are in the ring, finishing a speech to the crowd about the benefits of turning in your homework on time, not smoking and eating healthy*

*Flash of Light*

J.R.: It's Tatersyum! Tatersyum is headed to the ring!

Jerry "The King" Lawler: Kismensus and the other Goons don't see him!

*Tatersyum attacks Kismensus with a chair*

J.R.: HE ALMOST TOOK HIS HEAD OFF!!!

*Tatersyum begins fighting with the other Goons in the ring*
Jerry "The King" Lawler: IT'S SCT, DOUBLESTEP AND BFM, THEY ARE COMING OUT OF THE CROWD.
*Tatersyum, SCT, Doublestep and BFM beat down the other Goons in the ring*

*Crowd begins to boo, SCT grabs the microphone*
SCT: DID YOU THINK THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN?! WE HAVE RETURNED TO SAVE YOU ALL!
BFM and Doublestep (In unison): Did you think we wouldn't be back! Auroria is next week!

*Crowd begins to chant "Feels, Feels, Feels"

J.R.: The crowd wants the Imp Zone!
Jerry "The King" Lawler: Not the Imp Zone! Oh, this will end badly!

*Tatersyum grabs the microphone from SCT*
Tatersyum: I am... THE PUPPET MASTER!!!
*Tatersyum, SCT, Doublestep and BFM leave the ring*

J.R.: This is madness! Where are the police, where are the paramedics?
Jerry "The King" Lawler: The police? There are no police, we aren't even in America!

J.R.: But October was over, it was supposed to be quiet!
Jerry "The King" Lawler: We were only 1 day away, oh this is bad.

*Kismensus and a few other goons begin to rise off the mat and walk out of the ring*
Jerry "The King" Lawler: They are getting up!

J.R.: They are out for blood! There will be hell to pay in November! Hell to pay!

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Charles Bukowski posted:

I enjoyed that very much, thank you BaS.

When I can't find the words, I turn to lovely internet pictures and childhood wrestling memories.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Kimsemus posted:

In honor of those senpai who have fallen before their time.

Wait, Lincoln is your martyr? Lol, this is becoming a spergy Ice and Fire novel. This should be played across Nuia:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ECewrAld3zw

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Deki posted:

You might want to explain this one for me, because I loving love Archeage's world PvP.

I might like it, but with the laggy mess it often becomes, who knows really.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
Anyone have any tips/tools the can recommend for troubleshooting my latency problems with this game? It usually stays at around 53ms, but I've been getting 200ms spikes that have started occurring about every 10 packets. Running a tracert is showing me nothing worthwhile, and I want to be able to tell my ISP where the problem is.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
I find the entire idea that GS would have been able to hold a castle laughable, regardless of gear levels or otherwise. Here is my predictive analysis of what would have happened if/when we had a castle, broken down into categories of what goons would be doing when it came time to defend said castle:

700 Goons offline or are alts
100 Goons not in mumble (because it was loving terrible), doing trade runs, playing farmville questing or other random poo poo that they enjoy
60 Goons spamming guild chat with:
- RIP
- RIP Castle
- RIP Home
- *fart
40 Goons out fishing
20 Goons are actually just spies
10 Goons having a dance party in Marianople
5 Goons are sperging and screaming at everyone in chat and on mumble to come defend the castle

After the loss of the castle, there'd be the same amount of drama there is now. So if anything, Kismensus just saved everyone a whole bunch of time by kicking this off early, so we can actually just play games for fun. Thanks Kis.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
If I get pvp'd for being red, is that racism?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
Or is America being formed on my farm?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
Did you hear what happened to the Goon fishing raid?

They got battered.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

Playing MMOs with friends can be like renting an apartment: Weaker friendships with weirdos will dissolve into vicious yet petty fighting over fish.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Axel Serenity posted:

We got one fishing boat a good 300ft of air time and a 33g fish off another tonight.

A good night.

I didn't catch most of the night's piracy, but man was that sequence of fights with Wicked fun. Felt good to earn some crime points again.

Edit: There were super expensive gliders that the richers in the game could make? I'm glad they are normalizing them then, since I don't have one. Eat the rich!

Bait and Swatch fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 4, 2014

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
Can you deconstruct the fancy pack that is needed for the castle?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Omar_Comin posted:

Females should stear clear of this guild.

If you are a female, be very weary of joining this guild. The gm Caton aka Daruis aka Rhyss, hit on me all the time and made my gaming life very stressful. I tried to stay because I loved the guildies and we all had a very good time in the beginning. Then he got more aggressive and I got more stressed. I told him back when we were in Vindictive that I was recently widowed and not interested in a companion/relationship but I suppose he thought I would change my mind when he kept it up. It got so bad I was planning on leaving the guild the morning of the day I got gkicked. I decided I had had enough when he tried to force me to gkick 3 members of the guild because he didn't like one and the other 2 pissed him off. Meretrix he has been trying to get rid of since the other two switched servers and used calling Envy a douche as a reason to kick him but he didn't have the balls to do it so he tried to force me to but I refused. He tried also to force me to gkick Dovryn and Hamatyme because they didn't show up to the last raid we had. also because Dovryn didn't get onto TS3 the next day either so he said I needed to kick him. Said I needed to kick Hamatyme because he rage quit and came back through members and didn't speak to Caton first. Also because Caton said he will not tolerate Hamatymes attitude and pking anyone at all for any reason. I refused to do these things and he told me I needed to learn how to take orders and do as i'm told. Kept telling me I am a submissive and that he wanted to teach me stuff. Told me he was coming to my house and that alone freaked me the hell out cus I never ever told him where I lived except for the state, but he said he ran a business where he hunted people down and tracked people and that is how he knows where I live. Sorry but that is just way too creepy for me and I don't want to be around someone that makes me feel so stressed out. I do think the guildies are worth a shot though, all for a couple of exceptions they are awesome people.

Pystoff.

P.S. don't give the site or ts money cus you will lose it just as I did when the pervert kicked me.

What guild is this? Because gently caress them.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
Some guild called "No Melee" got the fourth castle. Is it worth going to Auroria right now? It took my wife and I forever to get through the DC message, and I don't want to crash out.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
I guess they announced no server rollback, which caused a freakout on the forums, which caused mass banning which lead to the forum shutdown.

And so hackshield caused the DC problems and yet loads of people are reporting that almost all land was insta-taken as castles were claimed? Gee, hackers got around that piece of poo poo as usual, to no one's surprise.

Trion sure knows how to deliver on irony, if not games.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

BERGfu posted:

how's the castle guys?

Some mean kids kicked it over and then a wave washed it away.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Eonwe posted:

so is The Repopulation as bad as it looks

I need to know what sandbox we can all poo poo in next

From the crafting list and the various bits of footage, this game looks like archeage and firefall are having a baby.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
So I will be very surprised if there is ever a seige in this game. The seige system seems similar to Global Agenda's AVA in that the guilds who own castles can just funnel money to an alt guild and buy-out their own bid to avoid the threat of losing. This is even easier since they make extra money off castle taxes, but hilarious in that they won't even lose gold once they "beat" their alt guild, since the pot goes to the victor.

I guess it continues the libertarian utopia theme, so there's that. I'm looking forward to the pubby anger that will flow once they realize they will be screwed out of a castle yet again. Valor#1

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

lewtt posted:

If you are still endlessly arguing or witch hunting after a month about awfully stupid poo poo a dumb guy did to a clueless teenager on the internet years ago while alienating/kicking/arguing with people who vocalize not caring about some random goon, it's bordering saying as much about you as it is BFM's said mindfucking of icelandic teen

But I guess calling people out on obsessive tirades over month-old/years-old spilled milk classifies me as a pedo apologist

*Cue harp music, fade into Lewtt sitting at his computer desk, the glow of his monitor reflecting off his double-chin.*

Lewtt: I am so tired of dying in this loving game, it's really making me feel like a loser. Time to go read SA before I go to bed.

*Lewtt's jowls begin to quiver as he reaches the archeage thread, a slight gurgle turns into a frothy scream as he reads the latest posts. He begins to scream, spittle obscuring his screen as he furiously mashes on his keyboard.*

Lewtt: THESE FUCKS ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS!? THIS IS FROM A MONTH AGO YOU PRICKS! JUST LET IT GO AND LEAVE MY THREAD! YOU'RE THE REAL PEDOPHILES!

*Lewtt's yelling wakes his mom upstairs, who tells him to stop screeching and go to bed.*

Lewtt: BUT MOMMMM, IMP ZONE IS STILL RUINING EVERYTHING, AND I NEED TO OWN MYSELF TO SHOW THEM WHO'S BOSS!

*Lewtt's eyes grow wide as his stare returns to the monitor screen and he hits refresh to see a reply appear.*

Imp Post: Owned Lewtt

Lewtt: IMP ZONEEEEEEEE, I WILL HUNT YOU ALL ENDLESSLY , FOR YOU ARE THE REAL PEDOS!

Bait and Swatch fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 7, 2014

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
I can try to write up some slasher fan fic, someone give me a list of names of who's owned themselves in this and the other threads, I'm to lazy to go back through all of it.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Raping a teen is "spilled milk" now

It would certainly make for a disgusting euphemism.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Internet Kraken posted:

I see no problem with the rumbling trees being introduced because the entire thunderstruck system was stupid bullshit. I mean if you had to actually earn the trees rather than it being pure RNG bullshit I would have an issue with it.

I only wish they were also available for guilda. Anything that drops the stupidly high price of archeum and thunderstruck's is an excellent decision imo. The FYGM crowd took a real hit to the nuts tonight, and I love it.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Charles Bukowski posted:

I wasn't out there for the fish.

Something Lawlful went and played Navy Seals with flippers and Dahuta bubbles after the raid on the fishers. Killed some Customer Service guys and got a treasure chest (worthless) then found two red fishing ships near Ynestere, killed the reds and took off with the boats. They ended up being packed, even had three of the big blue marlins, netting 32, 37 and 37 gold each.

As we were turning them in, some green pubbie killed a red, and was killed by the guards, giving us a free trade pack of rock salt. Then we randomly found two reds carrying windscour aged cheese. Since those are now on the farm, we are going to play metal gear archeage and stealth them to the shore to see if we can.

Two of us also got killed by wicked for attacking a group of them in goonscour for killing our red neighbor, who we've decided is our pet since he joins our dance parties.

This game is incredibly fun if you lighten up and treat it like a game.

Edit: And soundboard spent the whole night yelling at people to smell her cow's poop. So there's that as well.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Widestancer posted:

I've met some really cool gamers here from the AA thread.

I didn't get to post in the thread before it went gold, but congratulations on your marriage, my wife (soundboard on SA) and I wish you two all the best. The world needs more gamer couples.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Tanreall posted:

At this point it doesn't really matter. The population is in free fall. The question now is whether we'll see a castle siege or server merge first.

I was highly surprised to see two servers at high tonight, what with it being a thursday and the WoW expansion being out.

We'll only see a seige if the guilds holding castles decide they want one (like forestcrow said they will do). If they don't, the terrible bid-lock mechanic will keep it from happening.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
Did they lift the restrictions on Aranzeb with the patch?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
But this game struggles to run on my computer...

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

ChromiumCrush posted:

Can someone answer why there is PvP in this game? Apart from stealing trade packs, I see no benefit.

So that people like you will complain about it on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
The magic of this thread never ends.

I have a question for anyone playing Harani on Aranzeb: Is there some fishing pact in place on your side as well? Pirating your fishing boats seems insanely easy compared to our faction since they don't seem prepared to fight in the least, so I assumed that they must have a solid agreement not to fight at the fishing spots.

E: ^^^ Wow, Trion wins again. Also, why is the cash shop down still despite the maintenance? How am I supposed to Pay2NotLoseAsBadly?

Bait and Swatch fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 18, 2014

• Locked thread