Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
What should I do at level 20 if I have 20g?

Seems like I can't do anything fun til 50, except quest, which is fine, but not tremendously fast to level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Haven't played this since october, what's been happening?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Angela Christine posted:

I hope no one was planning on making an alt or doing a gilda run, today all 4 races are restricted on Aranzeb (and several other servers).

Sounds like apartheid :godwin:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Deki posted:

Just found out that TT6 lost their castle. Sux.

They better go find it then

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Goddamn, why are asians so spergy? A target practice hp sponge boss shouldn't last longer than a couple minutes. 2 hours is ridiculous.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Angela Christine posted:

Their website is kind of a mess, but it looks like they don't have houses to decorate or farms to hoe. Worst game ever.

Their website is the worst game website I've seen in a long time. Slow loads, tons of error pages, their front page is like some clickbait fever dream, I still couldn't find where to enter the beta code after 10 minutes of looking (could enter a real game code though, but the beta codes don't work on that page). Screw it, another dead-in-1-month-MMO isn't worth that hassle.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Byolante posted:

I know people in wow who spent 25 dollars multiple times for mounts they never intend to ride to increase their mount count enough to unlock and achievement to get a mount they will never ride. Never underestimate the dumb poo poo mmo players will buy.

Star pony is still best mount.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Eonwe posted:

housing shouldnt have been a patron perk tbf

:agreed: Too much of this game is tied to subbing, either sub or don't play at all. And if you're gonna pay a sub for an MMO, ff14 is better.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

tatersyum posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?

The exploit basically allowed anyone to gain 20 honor every time they attacked an invincible character. It involved breaking a pirate character out of the holding cell area before they go to trial and they are immortal. It was found out that multiple western guilds were doing this hours before Forestcrow's siege of the main west guild's castle so they could get pvp gems in their gear. Lots of people were banned and there were drama afterwards.

Then right before the siege the west guild attempted to use an exploit to prevent the siege by disbanding the guild so the castle had no owner and attempt to reclaim a the castle at a new spot but completely failed. It resulted in FC winning the siege in 5 minutes with no defenders.

Lmao what a shitshow. Fire the devs into the sun.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
WoW had bad PR today too, what a coincidence.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I pity the kind of person that decided this was the best game to satisfy their ocd.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

/

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Libluini posted:

To be fair, in his timezone that could be like 16 in the afternoon.

It's 5 days later.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

sword_man.gif posted:

actually, they moved him to world of warcraft, and completely by coincidence warlords of draenor is a huge pile of poo poo

Which dev is it, holinka?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Let he who has not molested cast the first stone...

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Fauxtool posted:

I bought several guns with my AA money. Now when I go on tilt and threaten to murder someone I can back it up :911:

And playing AA gave you the PTSD to do it!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Or the problem is it's a lovely game.

Maybe.

I can't tell whether you're talking about AA or not diablo 3, but it doesn't actually matter when you get down to it.

D3 is pretty cool now, and I even got it for free :woot:

Warhammer was cool for the 2 days I played it, before wow 3.0 sucked me back in for 4 years. I wish they'd release the code for it so people could make private servers.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

PCOS Bill posted:

Nice, I hadn't seen that $250 pack yet. Bought one.

:pusheen:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Ff14 has chocobo racing? Didnt see that when I visited the saucer. Didn't like their version of tripletriad though. I gave ff14 a couple months but barely logged in the last few weeks, it's pretty boring unless you're real high.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Seems the entire genre is going down the drain. Even wow is a shell of what it used to be, the only fun left is nostalgia. Gw2 has fun combat but I get bored of playing it after like 30 mins, then forget about it for a few weeks. At least it doesn't have a sub. Ff14 is pretty boring too, and there doesn't seem to be any reason to explore, tons of invis walls limiting the small zones.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Who buys cosmetics for characters you're seeing from a bird's eye view? Game might be fun but that Diablo-style of game doesn't seem suited well to an mmo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhc1y5erDQ8

PCOS Bill posted:

Haha yeah 3/4 isometric view will never catch on in MMOs

Well I've never played any of the old ones like that :shrug: I prefer the more zoomed in ones like wow, etc.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 11, 2015

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Michaellaneous posted:

Hypothetically, let's say I want to play this Game, and I wanna hang out with goons sometimes and click some stuff and maybe do some relaxing poo poo like building my house.

Is this game for me?

Try LotRO. Free to start, houses, a few dozen goons in the guild.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Be a warlock and sacrifice yourself to satan irl.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Unguided posted:

I'll see a stack of bots teleporting around in Final Fantasy every once in awhile. They tend to roll thaumaturge and spam Fire 2 on densely packed groups of monsters, trying to get as far as they can before the GMs ban them.

Do the gm's have to literally follow them around to catch them?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

crazystray posted:

I miss this game.

Try heroin.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Guild wars 2 is pretty fun if you play it as a single player game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

albion online, black desert online, elder scrolls online, pretty much any game with an 'online' at the end of it

elder scrolls still doesn't have a free trial, I don't trust a game that wants 60 bucks up front.

• Locked thread