Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Internet Kraken posted:

I honestly don't even know what is going on at this point. I'd like to think its not further drama over the BFM poo poo since I was hoping that had finally been sorted out but I'm not familiar with Taters role in that. If it isn't though, then people are getting seriously hostile over loving fish. Goon Squad gets billed as a chill group that isn't super spergy then people go on and have violently heated arguments over the most petty stuff. Either way this is some of the dumbest crap I've seen in awhile.
Group of goons having fun doing something in game. Other goons come along and poo poo all over it. It really is this simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

ThndrShk2k posted:

Also with the ease of getting a farm Wagon now
Where are people getting this from? If anything, it got even worse since you now also need the farm cart design in addition to all the other stuff.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

ThndrShk2k posted:

Farm cart = 1 log + other crap
Farm Wagon (old) = 2 trees + flaming logs + archeum logs + other crap
Farm Wagon (new) = Cart + flaming logs + Other crap? :???:

1 tree = 4 logs if you do not process it. Therefor it's 1/4th as rare.

Official response from Trion:

quote:

Hi guys! Yep - the Scroll to summon the Farm Cart is now a required ingredient to create the 4-slot Farm Wagon. The recipe currently requires thunderstruck trees and flaming logs for different components.

So ... save those trees!

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Dahn posted:

Balistafreak is a goon hero.
is on my personal "would play video games with again list"

Also, bravo to our new leader for doing an excellent job. The only drama seems to be pubbie drama after we make sure they aren't carrying ebola in their trade packs.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

GreatestNerdEver posted:

after all the nonsense with funneling resources to goons only to have them leave, goons already want to funnel resources to another goon again :ughh:
Where did you see this?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

GreatestNerdEver posted:

followed by people agreeing

balista is a cool guy, sure, but come on
I wish I had some witty image macro to post right now.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

ruffz posted:

Before I started getting repeatedly ganked, I used Auroria mineral water on 14 blazing trees and got exactly zero flaming logs, so that's pretty cool. I guess it'll be a month until I get my farm wagon at this rate.
You're doing it wrong. After you put the water on the tree you have to wait about 10 minutes and it turns into a smouldering tree, at which point you loot it for 3 logs.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I knew there'd be some crazy tears and droves of people leaving the game after today when so many people's dreams of land ownership came crashing down, but I never expected this much of an epic fail.

Highlights:
-- Majority of people unable to login because your hackshield program wont' let them.
-- All land being snapped up before most people who play are even home from work/school?
-- Losing a castle because the game booted your guild leader while he's carrying the pack to Auroria?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

KimJongUnstoppable posted:

People on ArcheageStatus are saying that last time the forums were up the GMs were saying this could take up to two days to fix. Can anyone confirm seeing that? I'm hoping it's a rumor.
When I was last able to load the thread (about 1/2 hour ago) it was still on "Update 6" saying that a fix was about 3 hours away.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I thought it was a joke thread, but...

quote:

I caused the Kyrios/Naima crash, sorry, please read Trion

quote:

Today 06:23 PM do Ezi with in 5 mins

quote:

Today 06:26 PM
~you choose Ezi
it will be down in a few minutes.

quote:

Today 06:29 PM loving moron LOL

quote:

Today 06:32 PM Holy poo poo, Ezi down

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Favorabilis Solitud posted:

Also: LOL to the TS tree monopolizers for complaining about TRION doing a cash grab and then rage quitting.
Yeah, it's fun to see this and it's also nice to see the cost of high end crafting drop considerably now, but for those of us who ground out the gold for our farm wagon only to have this happen two days after spending 2k+ gold on mats, it's incredibly frustrating.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

kznlol posted:

In terms of making money, once you realize that your only real constraints are time and labor, you find the highest revenue per labor activity you can do and do it.
You realise you're playing a game, right?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Now I have a sad mental image of all these people out on the open water, fishing hour after hour, all the while hating every minute of it. But what can they do? Their spreadsheet shows this yields 1.2 silver more per 100 labor than the next best thing.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I really don't know what to do with my lands that I'm not using for pack storage now. Assuming the price of labour stays above 25g, farming pretty anything seems pointless right now. Nobody is factoring in the labour cost, so nearly everything is available on the AH for cheaper than it would cost me to produce it myself.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

The castle system seems ridiculously stupid to me. Right now you have 4 guilds with castles, and each of those guilds is earning crazy money from the taxes on all the lands in their zone. If anyone wants to siege a castle and that castle's owner doesn't want to be sieged, you basically have to come up with more money than that guild has. There is no mechanism in the game to tax guild members automatically, so even if some big guild decided to get a bid together for a siege it would mean getting money one-by-one from all the members. I don't think Goons could ever come up with a winning bid, and we're still one of the biggest non-castle guilds on the server.

Does this system work in Korea?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?121324-Goon-Squad-Blocking-bridge-in-Dewstone

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Wonder Turbine posted:

All these posts and not one word about the greatest content to ever hit the Korean version yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVCnig6UdAk

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
How many thunderstruck trees does it take to make that yellow dick-butt thing?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Extra posted:

If the population of die hard players dies off it seems there is a very good niche for casual players that just want to farm, fish, run trade routes, etc. In fact a lack of die hard PvPers will probably only help that population grow.
I've been picking up land like a madman because I think this too. For some reason I am still enjoying this game.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Getting back to sieges...

From what I have read, across all servers, not even a single wall was destroyed anywhere.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

balistafreak posted:

This leaves the people who actually have fun with the game itself left, and I can safely say most Archeage goons have reached that point. Goons that have realized that they themselves are the tryhard pubby have gone and joined Wicked, while Goonrathi, Something Lawful, and VaIor are a trifecta of more casual, slower paced guilds.
Echoing this sentiment. Current goon guild is very chill and drama free. If you enjoyed the game but not the drama now's a good time to come back.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I love that they sent out some tweet reminding people this was their last day to buy discounted stuff in the cash shop while their game is unplayable.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

It really feels like they had a staff walkout and management are currently waiting to board a plane to an island somewhere.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I really hope this downtime lasts for days and days and everyone gets to log in to see all their land gone and the landscape filled with unbuilt cottages all belonging to Minti.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

ThaGrandCow posted:

On a related note, I've got a fully built thatched in Marcala and a 16x scarecrow farm in lilyut hills that are just going to rot and fade away. Before I uninstall the game, does anyone want either?
If we don't have anyone who is still looking to place their first farm I'd love the lilyut property please. My larder empire needs to grow! I'm Blackbird in game.

Speaking of larders, when I first tried them out they seemed like such a monumental waste of time and money, but now that the price of other stuff has gone bonkers these are actually an incredible source of money and are far easier than farming the land. I'm still laughing at the people making aged salve larders though.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

ThaGrandCow posted:

Just checked and you weren't online, I'll log back in later this afternoon and look for you.
I should be online for the next few hours at least. Who are you in-game?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

New patch going out. I noticed this gem

quote:

* Teleport Book entries for houses that have been destroyed or had their owner changed since the location was recorded will no longer be a possible destination for teleportation.

As someone who owns farms all over, some specifically for the logistical advantage of being able to port close to a workbench, this is a really crappy change. I understand the change related to owner changes, but why do this for people who built a cottage, saved the teleport location, then replaced the property with a farm?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Finndo posted:

Yeah... a lot of people have spread out properties for staging purposes also. It is an annoying change, although I am guessing it was never intended for a port to outlast the house. I can see why they don't want this. For example, what if your farm went delinquent and then someone else built a cottage there. You could port right in, and they couldn't block you buy changing permissions on the house.
They could have just limited the change to when the property owner changed.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Prophecy120 posted:

During the $150 closed beta test, those of us who joined up late (a month after launch for me) were poo poo out of luck when it came to finding plots of land for farms and houses. Most of us were forced out at low levels to the high level PVP zones and were constantly being killed while just trying to milk some stupid cows. If I were to start playing this game again post-release, would this be the case again since I am starting late? Are there any plots of land available in the friendly zones at all?
It's a pretty different situation now. There are still some land areas that are high demand, but if you just are interested in playing farmville then you should be able to find non-pvp plots, although you probably will have to buy them unless you're on a less populated server. If you don't mind going to pvp zones then you can probably get land practically free. A goon just quit a few days ago and was offering a free BUILT thatched farmhouse in auroria and no one was interested. Farming in pvp zones is not really a problem. My low-level alt farms my 5 windscour lands a few times a day and I've been killed maybe 5 times in the last month. It's a non-issue.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Oil! posted:

Because they intended the ports to be tied to fireplaces and that is why you need the log and ink to record the location?

People love to complain about exploits and hacks, but once their exploit is closed, "Trion has gone too far!" This only effects the massive land barons who are a minority in the game anyway.
Yes, clearly porting to a spot that's saved in your teleport book is a "exploit and hack". You're pretty ignorant if you believe the only people this impacts are land barons. Anyone who has a stray farm far away from a port location is affected.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Oil! posted:

"Stray farms" totally sounds like something people with only 1 or 2 plots of land would say.
Why are you defending this change? I'm genuinely curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Charles Bukowski posted:

Small update regarding my previous post about ex members to remove their credit card information from their Trion account. My account was glitched/changed back to subscribed sometime in December and Trion has been charging me a monthly fee ever since.

Trion agreed to refund February's charge and cancel the subscription, but even with an email proof stating that my account had been unsubscribed back in November, they would not refund the other charges, even if it was their lovely system's fault. I've left it up to Mastercard to help me recover the rest of the funds.
That's amusing, I fell victim to the same "glitch". I just noticed monthly payments on my credit card bill even though I quit back in Nov. and was on a quarterly plan.

Went through the following:
1.) Try and contact Trion. Sat in queue for support for several hours, no one answered.

2.) Send an email. Waited a couple of days, no one answered.

3.) Called credit card company to dispute the charges. They asked if I had tried contacting the company, so I told them about the above steps. They provided me a long distance number to contact Trion and told me I had to try to resolve it with the company first.

4.) Called the number and got the message "Trion no longer provides phone support."

5.) Called credit card company back and told them I couldn't contact the company. After getting transferred around a bunch I ended up talking to some guy in the fraud department who finally had to cancel my credit card as a way to prevent Trion from charging me again.

Even though I got those extra charges back eventually it really was a final gently caress you from Trion. I would strongly suggest everyone else double check their past credit card statements.

• Locked thread