Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
STO welcomes AA refugees.

STO pubbies are not like other pubbies.

Goons ruin everything, so we need you to send more goons.

ETA, does anyone want to buy some nice land from the original head start land rush in north and south 2 crowns?

I'm going to let my patron expire at the end of January. I've got a large farm about 3 plots from the N 2c crafting bench, a house on the cliff there, and another large farm in south 2 crowns by Ezna harbor.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Yeah,

So you guys know what goes on in STO right? It is contaminated badly with role players, typically men role playing as teenage girls, erotic role playing, which is the same thing basically, and a wide ranging menagerie of fragile, broken, hateful ,narcissistic, autistic, and genuinely mentally ill freak pubbies.

STO pubbies are not like other pubbies.

And there is only one thing standing against them and keeping them suppressed. That's the game, that's what we do in STO.

Send more goons.

We need YOU. And all you need to bring is bug spray or a fire extinguisher. And we'll get you set up with the fire extinguisher.

Read through the first page of the STO thread.

And send more goons.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Morglon posted:

Don't play STO. You have all suffered through this one, go out and find a good game, not another piece of poo poo that's pretty much sinking too .

I've played STO for years.

Good games died with Rallos Zek.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Kimsemus posted:

My manor in safe territory finally burned down, RIP.

Also I finally recovered my STO account, yay.

Also, Star Citizen goons are good people, just lead by some very bad people.

post in the STO thread with your @name and someone will invite to the goon channel

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I have 100 armor regrade scrolls and 50 something weapon regrade scrolls and I haven't logged in in a month and don't plan to.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
taters is the true hero of goon AA

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

tatersyum posted:

Seriously though, that's about 15k gold worth of regrade scrolls but the prices will tank after today's patch. I would love the the weapon regrades since I need to start stockpiling in preparation for obsidian weapons.

if the divine gift thing going to last forever?

they're just basically giving everyone free regrade poo poo?

but mah AA fortune!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

kznlol posted:

The spy was none other than goon hero Nerdkiller.

For real?

I remember his glorious war crimes and trials back in halcyona.

Praise his name!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
did anybody ever end up capturing castles from each other?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
As far as I'm concerned this means AA had a happy ending.

It all worked out in the end.

AA is the crucible of Goon Heros.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

CountingWizard posted:

And Rune Scape, which was a terrible grindy game both then and now. Also it was a pioneer for all the wonderful game-of-the-year freemium games we have today. Thank you so much Rune Scape.

Runescape was a brilliant charming game when it was still 2d sprites.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I got the dolphin and wings and some labor pots in mine. But no lucky moo points like the lucky guy on the aa forum.

Not a bad haul for quitting the game months ago.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
aw son

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The sperging on their forums is soooo good.

My name on there is druk, you should join in.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Tindahbawx posted:

Confirmed for the most amusement I've got from Archeage in months.

Yup, archage continues to deliver

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

quote:

You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

They didn't even have the courtesy to send me a message or anything :(

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Don't play this game, what the gently caress is wrong with you?

Learn from other people's mistakes.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ScorpioMajesty posted:

Because the goons here have nothing better to do with there lives than to mercilessly poo poo on a game that was over hyped (like all mmo games) and didn't live up to there expectations. Also some whales paid upwards of 200 dollars on the beta of this game and are taking out there frustrations with there poor life decisions on it.

Edit: also goons, like most humans (in including me at times), are completely retarded.

You weren't there man. You don't know man.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
PvP EQ on rallos is still the best game of all time

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Kimsemus posted:

I think I put more effort into my house and sinking fishing boats than probably anything I've ever done in an MMO ever.

YUno play star track with us?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Play project gorgon with good AA goons like glug.

It is also a really cool and fun game and it's completely entirely free.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Balista is still soldiering on?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Taran posted:

Balistafreak is a hero of the people, and I hope he ends up leading a guild in a (good) MMO in the future.

I always liked balista a lot, I miss the aagoons mumble sometimes.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

balistafreak posted:

Time for :words:

Almost everyone runs around as DPS because of how skills work in this game. Due to the flexibility of the three-tree system, the ubiquity of rezshrines at which to change said trees, the ability to shuffle around your skillpoint allocation at literally any time - even in the middle of combat! - most people running around overworld will be in some form of DPS spec to ensure that they can kill pesky mobs, gank targets of opportunity, or protect themselves against said gankers.. Should some kind of group PVP/PVE rear its head, it's merely a short walk (or no walk, if you just got ganked horribly and given an express trip to a rezshrine) and a relatively cheap gold cost to swap your trees/point allocations to fill your new role. Leveling slows noticeably at around level 35-40, but combined with the xp you get from labor reaching 50 is only a matter of a few weeks. It's 50 to 55 that's an odyssey - somewhere in the realm of triple digit hours grinding endgame mobs or "merely" double digit hours sniping only the highest exp/time dailies before ending your leveling playtime for the day.

The "lack" of tanks and healers is still prominent at endgame, though, because it turns into a problem of gear, not levels, and pour all your gold, sweat, and tears into it. Not even whales attempt to be "flexible" - you'll pick one set of gear and more or less marry yourself to it. It boils down into two major decision points: do you select your armor to either be tanky or killy, and what will your endgame weapon be? Don't worry about these that much for now, though - you'll know more about it by the time you start working on 50-55.

While leveling to 50, running/disengaging/dying like a bitch is the norm when you pull more than one enemy, don't sweat it. Even if you try to intentionally build with AOE and sustainability in mind, you'll have basically always trouble with multi-pulls if you're leveling up in a time efficient manner, ESPECIALLY if you miss the all-too-often weirdly placed gear-upgrade quests. (If you're finding that mobs are a pushover, you ought to skip ahead as far forward as you can until the mobs are giving you trouble again.) One rule of thumb though is to always take plate armor until you hit the final gear-upgrade quests (and some people recommend taking the plate even then, and refer you to the entry-tier dungeon of GHA for your first "real" armor). 90% of mobs when questing deal physical damage, and the ones that do deal magic damage will still be manageable 1v1.

As for DPS as a cleric - there is (currently) no way to have both healing power and magic attack equipped at once. If you want to do any sort of hybrid magic/healing combo, you have to git gud at weapon swapping. You might be having trouble if you do the thing that a lot of goons did and took swords and poo poo and then wondered why their magic did jack-all for damage. (Mobs are easy enough at lower levels for the mistake to not be instantly noticeable, but you'll hit a brick wall with it soon enough.) As for builds? Surprisingly, Songcraft is notable for outputting a completely disproportionate amount of magic damage for skillpoints invested in the form of Critical Discord. It's obviously not quite as good as Freezing Arrow/Flamebolt rotation with Sorcery passives to back it up, but it's surprisingly competitive considering that it takes all of 1 skillpoint. Once you pick up the cast-time reduction passives in Songcraft and Vitalism, and then Thwart+Inspire in Auramancy to reduce your GCD (because your casttime actually becomes shorter than your GCD with casttime reduction; you need GCD reduction to go with it to maximize your DPS) - and you WILL end up taking these, because they're core to a pure healer as well - that one point in Critical Discord will let you output some 3/4-4/5 of the raw dps of a similarly geared "real" dps class.

The first dungeon is literally a joke, any >50 player can solo it as any random three trees. The one after it that also is meant to mix player levels (BC) isn't quite as easy, as it throws bosses with enough raw HP at you to make a healer obligatory, but I can safely say that it's completely possible for any set of trees where one is Vitalism slotted to solo. GHA, the first dungeon that drops "real" gear, is glitchable to only require a team of two crack operatives who know what they're doing and have exactly the right trees, although said crack operatives will be AOE-ing and melee-autoattacking through walls for so long you'll want to bring as many other people as you can just to speed things up. Serpentis is where the current dungeoning endgame for gear is in terms of difficulty. (Library bosses are tankable by well-geared players and can then be eaten by a pubbie zerg who just stand and shoot - Serpentis has mechanics that demand that everyone knows how to shake off instant-kill mechanics.)

It's sad that no one will level up with you, as it really does make things faster, but frankly that's the fate of any MMO past its budding stages these days.

When I read (some of) those words I imagined them in your voice in my head. I also imagined that it was a response to a yes/no question. AAGoons mumble was the best part of AA. Miss ya balista.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 20, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I came back when they gave me a free dolphin for quitting, but then they gave all the shitbirds that stayed a free dolphin too so I quit again.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
After the launch we had more than a thousand members in the goon guild. Now there isn't a goon guild.

And not without good reason.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Hey time to read the archeage forums.

Here's a good one

quote:

Extra Compensation Demanded for Naima players
I will try to be as civil as possible as I write this, despite the boiling anger I have within me.

On behalf of all the Naima players who were misled up till the last update that Naima was "not considered for evolution", I want to express the anger and the frustration that we feel here.

Yes, we do not want Evolution. All the updates thus far, until the last one, had led us to believe that Naima was fine.

Other servers who had been on the Evolution list had been informed over two months beforehand.

During that time, they could and would have;
1) Decided if they wanted to transfer or stay for the merge
2) Liquidated their assets accordingly, with the ample time (over 2 freaking months) to find suitable buyers, either ingame or cross-section via forums posts. Heck, some even found cross-server buyers, if they shared the same auction house cluster.
3) Casually created free account pack mules and moved their stuff as their time for playing Archeage permits.

Naima players will not have this luxury.

Even now, fire sales are breaking out on our server. Whether it be crafting mats, trade pack mats, and various properties.

Naima players are in a panic, and rightly so.

It's late in the night, and players are as active as ever. Not because they are happily enjoying the game, but because if they miss this window to sell their excess mats and lands, they will be stuck with it, and lose them all come merger time.

I can't even imagine when the morning comes, and more Naima players wake up to this cruel, this sudden, this unexpected betrayal.

Trion team. What you have done is an insult, hurtful, and disrespectful of your players in Naima.

I am going to lose half my guild to this horrendous cock-up.

Give us something to convince our fellow Naima players not to quit Archeage altogether.

Make it good. Make it big.

Make us stay.

#Naimaplayersmatter

#respectourplaytime

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Uziduke posted:

And Trion is doing it again.

I hope people learned from ArcheAge.

https://www.deviliangame.com/en/store/

Holy poo poo they are.

Same exact thing! 3 tiers of "founder" alpha/beta + head start, 50, 100, 150 dollars. Cash shop currency, items, and they're even calling it "patron" again.

The company that made Devilian is apparently called "Bluehole Ginno"

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 1, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Bluehole Ginno

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
why isnt there a Devilian thread anyway

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DancingShade posted:

Nobody is dumb enough to give Trion $150 again after Archeage.

This thread should be changed to a devilian thread tbh

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Morglon posted:

What have I become? :negative:

...relevant.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I tried ArcheAge for a couple of hours recently and then quit. The novelty of the class system hardly saved the... everything else. What even was ArcheAge trying to be? Is it a large world PvP game? Is it a resource management game? Is it a PvE focused game? Nobody loving knows because the game itself couldn't even decide.

You're meant to spend a lot of money on it.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Seriously though, this thread should just be renamed the Devilian thread.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
edit: Wrong mmo thread.

I played archeage when it came out but i can be proud of one thing. I did not become an "archmaster"

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 9, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Working at trion is actually probably a really cushy job.

"Who cares what they think, they're idiots, if they had a brain they wouldn't give us money, churn and burn, forget archeage, we got their money already, they will give us money for Devilian now."

They've got a good thing going.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

miserable poo poo pubbie Stockholm syndromed to miserable poo poo game posted:

Yeah, it's hard not to see Trion as having milked this merger for financial gain.

1. They don't bake the tax downpayment into the 'pre-made demo houses', so they create a demand spike for tax certs (a marketplace item)
2. They don't refund the remaining taxes on demo'd land
3. They promise tax certs will be included in the comp package (which discourages many players from churning labor into taxes)
4. They announce after servers have went down that comp tax certs won't arrive in time for land rush
5. They design the merger to ensure that Auction Houses will be completely devoid of Tax Certs when land rush starts
6. You can bet your rear end that the Marketplace will be humming at peak efficiency when the servers go online

Worse, they also milked the merged server players for Inventory Expansion Scrolls...

1. Tell everyone that they need to get everything that is important to them into their inventory or warehouse
2. Chose to delay compensation until after servers go down, which means Expansion Scrolls won't be provided to players starved for storage space
3. Took the Auction Houses down a few days prior to merger making Marketplace the only way for desprate customers to get Expansion Scrolls
4. Had a 2for1 sale on Expansion Scrolls leading up to mergers
5. Profit

It's just gaudy. I mean, right in your face cash grabbing unethical extorsion.

You can't even write it off as incompetence.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

quote:

Today: day off work. sleep 3 hours to wake up at PST release time.

Tomorrow: have to work. launch time = when i'm supposed to be there.

*sigh* And I had so hoped to come back to the game I loved and give it another try. Oh well. At least I can see you guys are making attempts at doing better. The communication during this and the rollback = a somewhat decent start at making amends.

Still sucks -bleep- for those of us who took the time off in hopes today would indeed be a fresh start. But what's done is done. Glad to see you guys are going to try to make it right to the majority of folks who are deserving of a fair shot at their land spots.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
So any goons in yet on the Devilian alpha?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I still say this thread should be renamed the Devilian thread, and it's 5800 posts be used to inform any goon curious or interested about that game.

• Locked thread