Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
This game is p. fun but there are lots of little annoyances that keep it from being what it could be. Mostly hacks and the inability to find land despite having to pay real money to own land.

I like trucking. Trucking is fun. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

apseudonym posted:

I'm done grooming young animals

No gs member has ever said this

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

KittyEmpress posted:

Gas all archeage threads and ban all pedos + defenders

Well SCT and crew can still post on AAGoons so they obviously have no need for SA now!

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Widestancer posted:

Leave this thread open for the normal people who want to play and post about Archeage since Goonsquad apparently only posts on the offsite because they're totally not mad and totally haven't been chased out :iiam:

No you see they just wanted cool pirate titles. That's all. Gosh stop trolling.

I want cool titles. I have Executioner hut that is easy to get and doesn't properly show my love of trucking.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Eminai posted:

Eonwe gets kicked, thread gets gassed. I'm starting to think my :tinfoil: theory about Kewpuh getting pissed at AAgoons about kicking BFM might actually be right. On an unrelated note, can we get a bunch of :words: about how trolling is good and right, and not just lazy moderation, no really.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
It amazes me how people have had the explanation literally spelled out for them and still don't get it.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Eminai posted:

Please quote the guy who literally talked about it being okay and normal to get 16 year olds drunk and gently caress them, cause I'm pretty sure nobody said that.

Regardless, that poo poo isn't begging to be trolled, it's begging to be banned. Saying that ArcheAge threads are open season because of what sct did would only make sense if sct was even remotely associated with the guild. He's not, pretty much nobody that was an officer when this poo poo started still is. The only continuous thread I can see from then until now is that BFM was kicked, and still is kicked.

The problem is that he is still involved behind closed doors, can still post in AAGoons, and the guild leadership is trying to censor any discussion or jokes at SCT's expense instead of admitting he protected a pedophile. All it would take to get the discussion to stop is guild leadership going "SCT is not welcome and anyone associated with him and BFM are not welcome. Please feel free to laugh at his expense." But, instead, they continue to tiptoe around the issue, shout down dissenters, and attempt to sweep discussion under the rug instead of just outright saying they have cut ties with some internet BFF of theirs. The last time I heard Dodgy in Mumble making a state of the guild address, he literally said "We've been working with act and others for Auroria planning." So, no, he is not cast out as he should be.

Just because someone isn't a pedophile themselves doesn't mean they aren't supporting a culture that condones it. Nothing changes if these people aren't shown that there are actual consequences to being pieces of poo poo, and no game is more important than an actual child being groomed by some creepster. If the guild would straight up say that instead of going "Oh, but we kicked him! See! We're totally not still chatting with them in private mumble servers or anything!" then the problem would be solved. But instead of laughing at how dumb SCT was, people rage out and end up stirring poo poo over their e-friends' honor because "he led fun raids."

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Oct 27, 2014

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Eminai posted:

Isn't importing drama against the rules though? I mean, poo poo, probate him for a low effort post or something if you don't want to ban him for drama importing. I just want a readable ArcheAge thread, why are people acting like this is such an unreasonable request?

Kewpuh posted:

alright so pedo defender dude was kicked, everyone enjoys the game blah blah blah. the thread gets back on track for a few days and things seem to go okay. then out of nowhere some dumb goon decides that now is the time to share his loving retarded opinion for no reason and brings it all up again.

the answer is that some people are loving stupid and cant just lets things go.

Look at this page:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668229&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=128

besides maybe one trollbait post that everyone ignored, the thread chugs along fine.

It's right there, man!

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

ragnoxiii posted:

There is some really small vocal minority that think SCT is going to return to Goon Squad like some prophesized messiah. Those people deserve to be ridiculed.

The issue is that small minority also has a decent amount of control in terms of invites, bans, guild resources, planning, etc. It's definitely not all leaders (I know you've been fighting the good fight for awhile, Kimsemus), but the group that does stick up for SCT is unfortunately ruining it for the 99% of goons that understand what's going on and no one has the power to tell them otherwise.

In other, game-related news, I finally put a small plot down on Dewstone and oh lordy the money is gonna be rolling in. I did four runs during yesterday's Sand/Hellswamp/Halc peace just because staging packs there cuts a good 8 minutes or so off my old run route. Still figuring out a way to utilize this space for gilda runs somehow, but it's infinitely better than my old Lilyut plot was.

Anyone worried about land should definitely consider searching for small plots. 16x16s and Thatched are all taken, but 8x8s can usually be found in prime locations if you look around, and they can be incredibly useful. I don't even use my farms to grow trade pack materials and they're still worth it just to have space to grow items that sell or otherwise stage packs I crafted off the AH. It might be a slower profit than growing your own materials, but you can still afford a month playtime easy with just a couple small farms and using it to its potential.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

ragnoxiii posted:

Not really. Almost all of them are pirate and persona non grata in GS. The rest of the leadership as far as I know are all non-alpha goons and have no ties to SCT. One or two have returned from piracy and went back pirate within days. Trying to completely cleanse the off site is a different matter, and the struggle with that continues. It would be nice if the non-retarded goons could convene here, but someone always has to come and self-own themselves every week.

Then the current leadership needs to put their foot down and make that clear, because it's still hard to log in at peak times without a ton of people in guild chat shouting "IMP ZONE" and "oh god stop stirring poo poo up by mentioning SCT!" A few people like Kimsemus are willing to say "If you stick up for SCT you are dumb," but somewhere there's power being lost to actually do anything about it, especially with Dodgy being gone and openly working with SCT behind the scenes anyway.

Eonwe posted:

gently caress my life

I've planted 300 cherry trees, my friends have planted 150 apiece, I've planted 300 cedars, and 300 pines

0 thunderstrucks

I was there for every single phase

Keep trying, friend. I had my one TS from a Pine, if that makes any difference. I know people are all about cedars nowadays, but I'm a traditionalist like that. Hoping for another so I can finally buy a thatched plot. :shobon:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

ragnoxiii posted:

That's fine, I'm glad you are ready. A lot of Goons are not and they need strong active leadership to pull them through this period of aimlessness. Wasn't a dig at you , more to highlight changes in the way leadership is handling things.

Well, my issues with leadership are entirely with the ~drama~ going on. As far as the game itself goes, I think we're doing ok given all the circumstances going on. Fishing raids are plentiful, we have quite a few goons doing regular gilda runs, and GHA is a normal occurrence. I think most of the issues we're having with a guild in terms of direction are really things beyond our control.

Like, a ton of poo poo just got straight up locked out from us by XL and Trion when the game came out. Because Freedich allowed housing, FC could just port everyone in when a guild tried to turn in packs. Locking that island down was a huge advantage to have in the first week or two of game time, and we really have no choice but to play catch-up on a lot of fronts because there was simply nothing we could do until a change of game mechanics gets patched in with that. A lot of goons are also upset about land, but that's another thing we have no control over. We're losing people because they can't take advantage of a game mechanic they paid real money for, and until we get land-grab hacks patched out and more land areas patched in, PVP will remain secondary to a lot of members who still don't have even a 16x16 down yet, let alone cottages or thatched houses.

I see a lot of people complaining that "there's no one doing anything" or "we need direction," but as a generalist who likes a lot of different aspects of the game, I see poo poo going on all the time. It's just that our hands really are tied on a lot of the big issues people are concerned about due to having to play catch-up after losing Freedich that first week. Our FC pact helps a little bit, but we can only get people merchant ships (and therefore gold to buy the goods they need for other aspects of the game) so fast before November 4th.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I don't mind fishing goons having a pact because fishing is chill and it's the only way spawn points will ever get any use. That said, I make more money on trucking and would never consider spending 250 Gilda on a fishing boat when I could save a little more for a merchant ship or cutter.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Extra posted:

If the PvP in this game was more than a ping contest to see who gets the first CC off they might have more of an argument. Ask me about macroing my CCs in 1v1 arena so I have a rats chance at getting the first one off to do my dial-a-combo before the other dude does his dial-a-combo.

This isn't Skullgirls, though.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Imp zone operatives on the move. Commence Gay Agenda.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

op success

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Logged in. Saw Turtledad and Vekraken kicked, followed by "If you bring up past poo poo you will be kicked" in all caps. Promptly left guild. :allears:

I told Kimsemus to make <Goon Squall> but I'd be happy to join any offshoot even if it has a lesser name.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

tatersyum posted:

So Dodgy gave me his account and I made myself guild lead and then kicked Kimsemus. Why? Because of the ensuing drama. There was no conspiracy or anything I swear! It was an opportunity that I couldn't pass up and it was all worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV-2Q8QtCY4

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
What happens when the remainder of goon squad ages out of competitive fishing?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Operation: Pirates Evicting Dumb Overweight Spergs has begun

Taters lied fishers died

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

apseudonym posted:

Hello I am the official Goon Squad Sustainable Fishing Diplomat.

Guardian of the High Seas indeed!

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I haven't laughed this much at a game since WoW's first skeleton raid. Never quit, Archeage.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
No word on new housing for current zones? :(

Still unsure about Auroria, especially with recent goon drama. Given the game's libertarian fantasy and the fact I work on Tuesdays, the chances of finally laying my thatched plot are fairly low. I just want to have a body pillow safe space, guys.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Guuse posted:

I don't think that there is any intention of adding housing to existing zones. They are supposedly working towards adding more zones on the two southern continents (along with new races) but I don't think that those have been released in Korea, either.

Oh? I thought that a lot of the open space had been converted into extra housing in the Korean release. That's what goons kept saying in guild, anyway.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Careful guys. Valor (the player, but also the guild) knows goons and was trying to drop some sweet knowledge on why Kimsemus left (all fo which was bullshit). Apparently he "knows goons better than we know the bottom of our nutsack," and has totally legit insider info.

He called me salty. Thanks for the trade packs, Valor. :allears:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Kimsemus posted:

Oh my I wonder what it could have been, what if VALOR IS ACTUALLY TATERS :tinfoil:

Something about the fishing treaty and the majority of the guild being mad at it being broken so there were literal riots for your head or something. Also, Valor being good friends with goons since '94 or something or so he knew everything. I wanted to screenshot the conversation because it was so random and out there, but apparently the buttons I thought were ss buttons were not. :(

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

30.5 Days posted:

That's not entirely untrue, though. There was a riot for kimsemus's head because he killed green fishers. Although kimsemus didn't actually break the treaty he just followed it which apparently nobody was supposed to do.

True, but that's not why anyone was kicked, as far as I can tell. Basically, the whole thing was a continuation of "MAH FISHING :byodood: " except from Valor. And ignoring the whole Taters thing. And sweeping secrets under rugs. Or that we kill fisherman now. And consistently steal Valor packs of all types.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Third World Reggin posted:

that part makes it even funnier

Why did the fishers leave, then? I've been out saving the whales with Greenpeace and apparently missed some fun poo poo.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Third World Reggin posted:

it has been 24 hours and the guild has not been disbanded under werkwerks leadership, a good track record

also lol at the like one or two people that say he or I are there as imp zone trolls to just gently caress over the guild

the guild does a good job that on their own without us

Lol the impers are, like, the quiestest, chillesr dudes in guild chat if we choose to chat at all.

Mostly too busy truckin tho

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
My East alt is Kulvira and oh man are people getting mad at my quarantine shouts.

This is amazing and I'm not entirely sure how you managed to get carts in the archways like that.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0OX_8YvFxA

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Malakesh posted:

I have to say I admire imp zone's ability to keep its eye on the prize in this thread and the previous ones. You guys don't skip a beat, Great job.

To clarify a few things, the majority of people left not because of fishing but because most people who cared about the guild were not getting anywhere because of various setbacks that effectively neutered their ability to get anything done. Examples BFM and the surrounding drama, SCT leaving, Dodgy being gone for several weeks( hope things are going better for you man), Kimsemus directly defying other officers wishes, etc. We had made considerable progress in spite of dodgy being gone in getting the guild prepared for auroria. That is why you saw so much energy being pumped into fishing. The reality is that it was means to an end. People were trying to get money so that they could get gear and in turn so that they could do what we, the officers, had asked of them. This of course was that they be prepared for Auroria.
Kimsemus was told by multiple officers not to pirate in the areas where goon fishers were known to be unless explicitly requested by them. This was supposed to last until Auroria. What he did instead was directly the opposite and when called out, again multiple officers, he proceeded to goon gently caress like none other. A metaphorical game of "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you, im not touching you!". Taters, getting control of the guild had nothing to do with the splintering and in fact is what quite a blessing. He realized that Kimsemus was destructive to the guild which was why he was immediately kicked( also due to the fact that he is a complete tool). For a split second we had real goon unity and we absolutely stomped Freedich and anyone who opposed us. We pushed 2 or 3 merchant ships full of packs in a matter of minutes. It was incredible and I was really hopeful that we might be able to get it back on track. Once that concluded we were essentially back to the way things were and everyone proceeded to make mountains out of nothing. The result of all of this bullshit was that those of us who really wanted to see the guild progress became so burnt out that we just didn't give a gently caress anymore. I really wish all of you could have seen and heard the amount of positive discourse we had two weeks ago about the future of the guild in mumble and officers chat on the offsite. Things were really looking up until this whole fishing drama poo poo happened.

That is why you saw a mass exodus of the real movers and shakers of the guild to wicked or other guilds. The irony of it all is that the same people who complained about the guild not doing anything were the ones being vocally disruptive. In the end, we all lose.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
*loads Tor*
*puts on occulus rift*

*hologram appears*

Greetings, fellow fishing officers. Let our meeting commence.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

30.5 Days posted:

How did you gently caress up this very simple concept?

We asked this about not loving children but, well, here we are.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

ruffz posted:

I'm ready for tomorrow with thatched plans and 2 cottage plans. Holding out a bit of hope that I can place one or all of them. How is everyone getting up there tomorrow?

I am getting up there by questing after work and not wasting time by trying to fight off land-grabbing hackers and poopsockers.

Get gold. Buy Thatched. Thug life.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
We got one fishing boat a good 300ft of air time and a 33g fish off another tonight.

A good night.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Bait and Swatch posted:

I didn't catch most of the night's piracy, but man was that sequence of fights with Wicked fun. Felt good to earn some crime points again.

Yeah. I ended up with 12m of jailtime halfway through that last skirmish with Wicked, so I missed some of the fun, but it was one of the best nights of piracy in awhile. A few hauls was nice, but it was mostly just great fights with UDL and Wicked, and hilarious antics.

Standing sideways on the cabin wall of a fishing boat that was just launched like a mating whale into the air while our captain holds on for dear life will be a highlight of this game for me.

e: As I was clinging to the side, I didn't see how much airtime was actually had. I really hope someone got screenshots.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Evil_Greven posted:

So, there was a message from the GMs regarding downtime:

This game...

And you all laughed at the goon who reset his laptop to get quest tracking working.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Is the land gone yet? I bet all the land is gone.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

the servers arent even back up yet lol

Axel Serenity posted:

I bet all the land is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
This whole thing is even funnier when you consider that a few people are probably NOT getting kicked and are therefore reaping land harvests as we speak since there are no housing limits.

I look forward to paying for my thatched plot by stealing from these people as the sail between Auroria and the mainlands.

• Locked thread